Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    So, I was just reading somewhere you don't have to put the Switch in the dock to play it in TV mode, but you have to have a USB-C to USB-C cord to do so.
    Uh, that doesn't sound unusual. It's just like adding an extension cord to the dock/Switch. On the bright side, that's a pretty damn obvious solution to the dock problem that I somehow never thought of. Only problem would be the Switch screen collecting dust if you don't use it in handheld mode often.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Here's the video, you actually need a stand as well, or set it on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Here's the video, you actually need a stand as well, or set it on its face.
    See I though about putting something over the dock like he shows in the video at the start. I was just worried it would make the system too hot or something.

Though about using the stuff the dock came cased in but figured that would scratch the screen.

I have been ungodly careful docking it LOL, Treating it like a new born kid.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-16 at 04:07 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See I though about putting something over the dock like he shows in the video at the start. I was just worried it would make the system too hot or something.

Though about using the stuff the dock came cased in but figured that would scratch the screen.

I have been ungodly careful docking it LOL, Treating it like a new born kid.
    I would think keeping it out of the dock would keep it cooler. It's not like there's a fan in it or anything, and having it in the open on a stand probably allows greater airflow.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I would think keeping it out of the dock would keep it cooler. It's not like there's a fan in it or anything, and having it in the open on a stand probably allows greater airflow.
    True, I mean just while its in it and being used. If it isn't in use I dock it, So its fully charged for when I decide to use it.

I mostly use it mobile right now anyway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

True, I mean just while its in it and being used. If it isn't in use I dock it, So its fully charged for when I decide to use it.

I mostly use it mobile right now anyway.
    I haven't even taken the dock or cables out of the box. I just plug it in and leave it on a table like my 3DS.

I haven't even taken the dock or cables out of the box. I just plug it in and leave it on a table like my 3DS.
    Cool, I only use it on my tv when the battery is getting low and I still want to play. Considered just hooking it up via usb to my PC or Computer to charge.

I got a case I could put it in that I got from the special edition Zelda. That dam thing is big tho so not sure where I would put it.

Wonder how long it will take Nintendo to sell a item u put in fount of the screen for when its docked LOL.

Edit: Well shit, seems I don't have a type-c usb cord. I though it used the same one my PS4 controller did LOL.

Edit2: Ok clearly I'm tired because I could just use the one that comes with The Switch lol. I do want to keep the dock hooked up for in the moments I want it on my tv. So I will have to go out and buy a spare one.

Going to start sticking it in the case I got with Zelda to avoid dust and all. Also to not just have it sit in the dock all the time.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-16 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a reason why no one uses motion controls for accurate inputs. Because it sucks for that. More precise...
    For aiming shit, gyro is a fuck ton better than analog sticks for me. I have never been good at aiming shit with analog sticks and one of the reason I hate console FPS games.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    For aiming shit, gyro is a fuck ton better than analog sticks for me. I have never been good at aiming shit with analog sticks and one of the reason I hate console FPS games.
    gyro is always more accurate. anytime gyro is supported for aiming the highest competitive players use it.

its the closest you can get to mouse aiming
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So just to kick the discussion about the scratches a bit:

Am i the only one noticing that it's the same 2-4 photos circulating in articles and discussions, and never any new ones despite it being "a widespread issue"?
    The scratches seem to be erratic and "out of position" i relation to the rails.
    Shouldnt they be more uniform/directional and in the same place (rail-position) unless you try to swipe it like a creditcard?

It honestly seems like some fearmongering scapegoating is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    gyro is always more accurate. anytime gyro is supported for aiming the highest competitive players use it.

its the closest you can get to mouse aiming
    Yeah it's so good that games like killzone and uncharted removed it ><.

Granted it should be an option for all shooters, so those who did find it more accurate can use it. Xbox decided to make that awkward though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    They can be for sure. Remember Wii Play? Several games there, like the Shooting Range, where you would never be quick and precise enough with a normal controller. Depends totally on how you implement them. The micro-adjustments you do in Zelda using the gyro makes me hit targets from a greater distance, and makes me hit moving targets more easily than I would if I only had my thumb to do the aiming with.
    Yeah, that's the main thing actually, how they're implemented you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    So just to kick the discussion about the scratches a bit:

Am i the only one noticing that it's the same 2-4 photos circulating in articles and discussions, and never any new ones despite it being "a widespread issue"?
    The scratches seem to be erratic and "out of position" i relation to the rails.
    Shouldnt they be more uniform/directional and in the same place (rail-position) unless you try to swipe it like a creditcard?

It honestly seems like some fearmongering scapegoating is going on.
    I notice that myself, but with the way the dock is made I'm sure it can do it. I have been extra careful docking my switch just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    If you play long enough aiming with analog sticks is second nature. I never had any issues in splatoon and never did gyro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If you play long enough aiming with analog sticks is second nature. I never had any issues in splatoon and never did gyro.
    You rarely see people in S+ rank that's leaving out the gyro controls though.

I guess it wouldnt matter that much in turf wars, but its close to a neccesity in competetive play and allows you to make snapshots quicker in general than analog-only.

15+ Year Old Account
    I notice that myself, but with the way the dock is made I'm sure it can do it. I have been extra careful docking my switch just to be safe.
    I just grabbed https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ and don't worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

The dock has cutouts that match the fan ports on the console itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I think 2001 (Halo) to now is long enough, still don't like it I'm afraid and that's not going to change. I only use M/KB for most major PC titles (RE, TR, etc) as well so I don;t have to use analogue sticks to aim at shit.

And as a few other have said, gyro controls are far superior for me for games like Splatoon, Zelda, etc.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    The dock has cutouts that match the fan ports on the console itself.
    Yeah, but the cutouts just cause the air to flow into a box that's mostly blocked. At least, that's what it looks like with the dock dismantling video.

10+ Year Old Account
    So at least hardware level the chipset is an exact X1.

Never bought Nintendo since the NES. But this thing is calling out to me. Waiting for a price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So at least hardware level the chipset is an exact X1.
    You are way late to the party on that, I even linked detail's befor The Switch released.

Its a custom X1 chipset.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo....

1) Internal Storage loads fast then the SD cards and even the game cartridge.
    2) Seems to be a speed cap on SD cards.
    3) You can not transfer a install from Internal Storage to a SD card. So you will be required to re-download any data to ur SD card.
    4) If you put a SD card in the system everything will install to that card by default. You can not pick where stuff installs and only when the SD card is full will the system install to the Internal Storage.
    5) The only way to transfer data from one SD card to another is via a PC. Still requires using the same Nintendo Switch to access any of that data.
    6) Game Cartridge loads the slowest out of all 3 ways to load data.

To sum it up, this system was halfassed. There is NO REASON for the game cartridge to load slower then a SD card or Internal Storage. I can kinda understand Internal Storage but even then I feel there is no reason. There is also no reason why you can't pick where u want shit to install.

I was able to install shit on different HD's back on windows 98 ffs.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-16 at 10:08 PM.