Page 89 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't feel as invincible as everyone because you haven't even seen what he's capable of yet (and because he doesn't have any fruit abilities). The only reason he lost his arm was because he swam out to sea to save Luffy and sacrificed his arm in doing so.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-03-16 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    He doesn't feel as invincible as everyone because you haven't even seen what he's capable of yet (and because he doesn't have any fruit abilities). The only reason he lost his arm was because he swam out to sea to save Luffy and sacrificed his arm in doing so.
    I get the feeling that Oda hadn't even had the idea for Haki when he started the series, because in hindsight it would make sense for Shanks to Armament himself if he is putting himself between the Sea King and Luffy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't get why people keep discrediting Shanks.
    I'm still pretty convinced that Shanks is going to be the last "boss" of One Piece.

I think the last HUGE Arc will be Luffy and his whole fleet, against Blackbeard and his fleet. After Luffy wins that, he will go to claim the One Piece... Where he is met by Red Haired Shanks.

They will then have a real emotional fight, as Luffy seeks to prove himself to the only person that he LEGIT cares about the opinion of, the person who set him on this path from the beginning.

True, Shanks doesn't have a devil fruit, but I think his Haki level is going to be REDONK, not to mention, his skill with a blade is nothing to sleep on.

Then, as the fight finishes and Luffy brings himself to drop Shanks, you'll see him walk past, drop his hat on top of Shank's unconcious (dead?) body, then enter the resting place of the One Piece...

Which I still think isn't actually a thing...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    then enter the resting place of the One Piece...

Which I still think isn't actually a thing...
    Picture of Roger :
    "It was just a prank Bro!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Picture of Roger :
    "It was just a prank Bro!"
    That would be even better than my idea XD.

I was thinking the One Piece would be something silly, like "The friends you met along the way, and the adventures you had!"

Seeing as Luffy as his Nakama are a core concept of the series.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think One Piece will literally be just one piece of treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I think One Piece will literally be just one piece of treasure.
    WHAT A TWIST!

Honestly, I've always thought that the one piece would be the forgotten history of the world, where for like 400 years there's a gap in the world's history. Maybe even includes how and/or where devil fruit came from. Basically a way to unload a bunch of information on all the big questions in this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Honestly, I've always thought that the one piece would be the forgotten history of the world,
    While it's pretty much a given that that "Void Century" will be explained... I think that is all part of the journey to the One Peice, rather than the One Piece itself.

Don't forget, Raleigh implied that Roger knew about the Void Century and what really went down. Which, to me at least, makes it seem that the answer lies somewhere along the path to the final island.

One Piece will end when the fans realize the creator's just been adding more and more shit to milk money from the franchise and doesn't actually plan on giving the series a proper ending. Or when people stop reading it, he'll give it a rushed BS ending like they did with Bleach.
    Oh aye.

You guys dont get why shanks said he was "betting his arm", luffy wanted to be a pirate since he was a child and he was willing to go with shanks, he knew shanks was strong, so by losing his arm to the Sea King, he wanted to show Luffy how dangerous the sea can be and that just "wanting to go" wasnt gonna cut it if he wasnt strong enough to survive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    One Piece will end when the fans realize the creator's just been adding more and more shit to milk money from the franchise and doesn't actually plan on giving the series a proper ending. Or when people stop reading it, he'll give it a rushed BS ending like they did with Bleach.
    Kek, aside from fishman island One Piece has a coherent story, the same cant be said about Bleach

One Piece has an ending planned. Just get a terminal disease and ask the author to tell you and he will.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's pretty much a given that that "Void Century" will be explained... I think that is all part of the journey to the One Peice, rather than the One Piece itself.

Don't forget, Raleigh implied that Roger knew about the Void Century and what really went down. Which, to me at least, makes it seem that the answer lies somewhere along the path to the final island.
    Yeah, we already know that the four Road Poneglyphs point the way to Raftel (the island said to be the hiding place for One Piece) and that if someone were to take the translated passages from all of the poneglyphs with them to Raftel, they would find the Rio Poneglyph. The true history of the world and the void century. Since that is Robin's entire goal, we know that will almost certainly happen. My question is if that will be the climax of the story or if it will just be the final stepping stone to the true climax. Many people think that Blackbeard and his crew will be the final big bad of the series and that would make sense since he and his crew have been set up as pretty much the antithesis to the Straw Hats, but I think Sakazuki and the World Government will be the true final boss.

That's pretty much 100% untrue. Oda already has the ending planned out and has said in interviews that he already has the majority of the pieces in place to tell that story. He also said that in the past he would keep a notebook with him to jot down ideas for new story arcs but had to stop because if it kept at it, the series would never end.

It's pretty much the opposite to Kubo and Bleach. Kubo wanted to end Bleach a long time ago but his publisher pretty much forced him to keep it going and then suddenly changed their minds when sales dropped so they made him wrap it up quickly. That's why the end of that series, pretty much everything after the arrancar arc really, was a total mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or he could have lost his arm on a whim, betting it on a new age. It may seem ridiculous to us but it might make sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You guys dont get why shanks said he was "betting his arm", luffy wanted to be a pirate since he was a child and he was willing to go with shanks, he knew shanks was strong, so by losing his arm to the Sea King, he wanted to show Luffy how dangerous the sea can be and that just "wanting to go" wasnt gonna cut it if he wasnt strong enough to survive
    You guys are crazy. That IS ridiculous. When he said that he bet his arm, I'm pretty sure he meant "I didn't have to lose it, but I did for the sake of someone from the next generation." Not "lols I could have dodged but I decided to let my arm get eaten to prove a point. My dominant arm. Btw I'm not some random foil to spur on the MC, I'm a Yonkou, was in Roger's crew, and also did other amazing shit so...kinda needed that arm. But I wanted to show Luffy the sea was dangerous! So...Yeah."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    My question is if that will be the climax of the story or if it will just be the final stepping stone to the true climax.
    Stepping stone for sure. I think finding out the Void Century will be the climax of ROBIN'S story, but the showdown with Blackbeard and proving himself to Shanks, then becoming King of the Pirates will be the end of LUFFY'S story, and with it, the end of One Piece.

Also totally agree with you about Bleach. Tbh, Sayonara Rukia was the perfect ending and it should have finished there. The last arc had some cool moments, mostly related to Bankai Reveals, but on the whole it was just a total clusterfuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stepping stone for sure. I think finding out the Void Century will be the climax of ROBIN'S story, but the showdown with Blackbeard and proving himself to Shanks, then becoming King of the Pirates will be the end of LUFFY'S story, and with it, the end of One Piece.

Also totally agree with you about Bleach. Tbh, Sayonara Rukia was the perfect ending and it should have finished there. The last arc had some cool moments, mostly related to Bankai Reveals, but on the whole it was just a total clusterfuck.
    Yeah, I could see it ending that way, but ever since the death of Ace, part of me has felt that the true end of the story will not be Luffy becoming the King of the Pirates, but what he does after that. In a way, Roger failed. He sailed all of the seas but was captured and killed by the World Government. I could see Luffy defeating Blackbeard, proving himself to Shanks, becoming the King of the Pirates but not stopping there. Because when you think about it, if the battle at Marineford was indeed the half way point of the series, the climax has to be even bigger and beating Blackbeard just wound't be grand enough. I see Luffy actually succeeding where Roger did not and uniting all the seas together into a massive force to take on the WG in a huge battle that spans the entire world and takes out the World Government once and for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I see Luffy actually succeeding where Roger did not and uniting all the seas together into a massive force to take on the WG in a huge battle that spans the entire world and takes out the World Government once and for all.
    I was thinking it woud be a giant pirate showdown. We know alliances are forming, on both sides of the divide... I don't think Luffy Vs Blackbeard is just going to be a case of ship versus ship, it's going to be a full fleet showdown.

That said, I DO like the idea of a united pirate force going up against the World Government!

10+ Year Old Account
    The final part of the series honestly depends on what One Piece is. Is it really a treasure, or is it going to be something like that super in-depth theory that was made a few years ago where One Piece is the destruction of the Red Line/Mariejois and all the oceans meet (All Blue)? My idea is that they'll end up going to Raftel and then they'll be going on with the not-so-subtly hinted war that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the new commander looks interesting, that's a crazy ability and he obviously has a fruit as well (related to jellybeans? lol, imagine that awakened). I wonder if all these guests have abilities or are just ridiculously rich
    Once again I'm amazed at how many tiny details exist in each of Oda's panels. It's not Berserk of course (but that one has like 100 pages a year) but it is impressive.
    He could just have really powerful haki. I mean if he trained his observation haki enough to be able to see a bit into the future, I would guess he could also have trained his armament haki enough to strengthen a jellybean enough to pierce skin and bone.

Read chap. I took my time this week and the attention to deal is pretty crazy. Half is because Oda is pro, half because mangastream redrawers put in work.

This new Commander looks super strong. His Haki is like ridiculous too lol. I don't actually think he has a jellybean power but if he did it would fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to say. They introduced like six underworld people? I wonder what the deal is with them.

Also forgot to say I really like Bege now. He feels so fun to have on the good guy's side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I hope the new commander is a copy of Joseph Joestar xD xD