Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
    Hey there. I leveled a lock recently and started to play it semi-seriously the past week or so.

Looking to play mainly affliction, but my demo weapon is level 33 atm, too just in case.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thelock/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...120235/latest/
    Hi,

Your performance look very okay. Question, somewhy the warcraftlogs show you have a 810 ilvl of blood relic, i assume it's just a bug, and you have something around 875~. (Am I right?)

I have some suggestion, if you don't mind:

On Odyn mythic fight, your performance was low regarding of your gear:
    - The general damage ratio of dot types is fairly not okay. The UA damage is low, that cause a lot of dps loss. (this is why you had 370~ instead of 570~) .Always try to cast UA and drain it to buff it up. Maybe your shards did not proc?
    - The refresh times is late a lot, especially with corruption and lot of time re-dot too early the agony, so you miss the good base damage benefits

On Guarm:
    - Rotation & dot refresh problem: the agony and corruption cast was too late (you did not refresh it on time) and drain too much. Did not got procced shards, because your agony fall, so in this case the UA damage also not good.

Very interesting, because in nighthold your rotation was clearly cool. But I have a final question: do you have some tool/mod to track your dots? Because in lot of case you refresh dots in wrong time (too early or too late, but not in pandemic range)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vandante View Post
    Is this thread dead?
    No, it's not. Just everyone busy and take time to evaluate logs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to make the transition to AFF from Demo and i think i have the rotation down but not sure. Honestly for my item lvl i feel like i should be pulling more dps. Ill post logs and armory. If im jacked up please let me know what im doing wrong and what i should be doing. I just ran my AFF spec on star augar to see how it would be single target then switched to demo so thats the fight to look at. Any suggestions would be great.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sshadow/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Hi,

It's seems, your stat ratio isn't enough optimal. You need more crit, less mastery and versatility if possible.
    By rotation @Krosus
    - Not enough cast of dreadstalkers
    - Miss a lot of damage boost of artifact
    - Miss a lot of imp because of hands
    - You should use potion, minimum once in a boss fight (prepot or at bloodlust)
    - You miss a lot of usage of your pet aoe damage (when you cast it got a damage buff)
    - You use twice the bigger demon, miss a few time to cast it (as far as i remember it has 1min cd, if its 1.5 then its not valid)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spitogatos View Post
    I need some help. I feel im doing my rotation to the best of my ability. currently progressing 8/10 ΝΗ HC.
    having big issues to my dps or rotation but not sure . i got high enough ilvl to have big Dps but i am not able to se my name above 9th place.
    please can see my log and armory to help me fix out what ever is going wrong .I am on EU servers Ragnaros.

Warcraftlogs:
    /reports/AvBb4ja69HqkPy1T/

Armory:
    /wow/en/character/ragnaros/Eqora/simple
    @Krosus
    - Did you forgot to use your demon?
    - Rotation:
    -- Artifact & DE usage look nice
    -- Dreadstalker usage is too low
    -- dreadstalker + imp + pet + artifact + de usage do not overlap what cause' a lot of dps loss (e.g.: you did not boost your pets a few time what caus' a lot of dps loss)

@star Augur
    - You forgot to use pot
    - Not optimal usage of artifact
    - Too low cast on dreadstalkers
    - Pets, extra pets, dreadstalkers & imps + artifact boost do not overlap, so same at krosus

Do you have weakaura or mod to track your timers?

Quote Originally Posted by huncyrus View Post
    Hi,

Your performance look very okay. Question, somewhy the warcraftlogs show you have a 810 ilvl of blood relic, i assume it's just a bug, and you have something around 875~. (Am I right?)

I have some suggestion, if you don't mind:

On Odyn mythic fight, your performance was low regarding of your gear:
    - The general damage ratio of dot types is fairly not okay. The UA damage is low, that cause a lot of dps loss. (this is why you had 370~ instead of 570~) .Always try to cast UA and drain it to buff it up. Maybe your shards did not proc?
    - The refresh times is late a lot, especially with corruption and lot of time re-dot too early the agony, so you miss the good base damage benefits

On Guarm:
    - Rotation & dot refresh problem: the agony and corruption cast was too late (you did not refresh it on time) and drain too much. Did not got procced shards, because your agony fall, so in this case the UA damage also not good.

Very interesting, because in nighthold your rotation was clearly cool. But I have a final question: do you have some tool/mod to track your dots? Because in lot of case you refresh dots in wrong time (too early or too late, but not in pandemic range)
    Really appreciate the response!

I have an 840 blood relic =/ I've been spam running M+s and legit haven't seen a blood relic drop yet.

I do have weakauras that'll track Pandemic timing and stuff for me now (This weakaura set: https://wago.io/Ek8bYMJVZ). I didn't before. Was sorta just keeping an eye on the timer. I hadn't set up my UI yet but did this past week since I'll probably stick with Warlock for the majority of fights. I parse decently for my ilvl, and the UI fixes and your tips will help me greatly. Thank you!

Alright, I'm finally breaking down and asking for help. Please rip me apart and let me know what I'm doing wrong. I've read up on tons of guides, watched tons of videos of better locks, and I still feel like my dps is just not cutting it. I can't even manage to break 50th percentile for my ilvl for most bosses. Maybe y'all can fix me.

Here is my armory page: us[]battle[]net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Mellisandr/simple

Here is a link to krosus from tonight: warcraftlogs[]com/reports/fv482FHPGXKbqZQa#fight=18&type=damage-done&source=10

If it means anything, I'm at 48 traits in my weapon.

(Fill in the dots in the link since I'm apparently not allowed to post links.)

Deleted
    Hi Warlock Fellas,

our guild move to NH M, but since 7.1.5 my deepz is quite not good.
    I tried follow some stuff my Deepz raised but not that much as i need,
    honestly i have no idea what i do wrong just feel i i dont hard hit enough.
    Here is my char:
    eu[eu]battle[eu]net/wow/en/character/draenor/Saniedrel/simple
    my logs:
    [eu]warcraftlogs[eu]com/rankings/character/13858891/latest

thanks a lot guys

Deleted
    Hello guys, finally been able to get a log, here is a star auger wipe at 7:35 into the fight, I see on the logs lots of locks ranging between 800-900k dps and I barely do 730k on a good attempt. Feels like im doing something wrong but im not sure
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HkcfQ/#fight=1

Last phase I keep agony on boss while fully dpsing the big add and i just agony the random small adds for WoC stacks. My damage is low untill last phase then it climbs up the meters a bit.

Any advice or help would be great, ty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supermoofe View Post
    Alright, I'm finally breaking down and asking for help. Please rip me apart and let me know what I'm doing wrong. I've read up on tons of guides, watched tons of videos of better locks, and I still feel like my dps is just not cutting it. I can't even manage to break 50th percentile for my ilvl for most bosses. Maybe y'all can fix me.

Here is my armory page: us[]battle[]net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Mellisandr/simple

Here is a link to krosus from tonight: warcraftlogs[]com/reports/fv482FHPGXKbqZQa#fight=18&type=damage-done&source=10

If it means anything, I'm at 48 traits in my weapon.

(Fill in the dots in the link since I'm apparently not allowed to post links.)
    Hi,

So, on Krosus, your dps isn't too bad, but could be really better. Your rotation, basically good, talents & stats seems okay. Ofc, in the near future you need a littlebit more mastery and crit, but the ratio is good now.
    Some idea, where you could improve:
    - In the rotation, sometime you refresh your dots too early, - I think so just accidentaly.
    - What is very serious problem, you did not use any potion during krosus fight. Thats a pure dps loss. Minimum once you should use during the bloodlust phase (mostly at start)
    - Lot of time your dots fell off (agony, corruption) in this case, you have again and again ramp-up time, what is pure dps loss for 2-5 sec

Question. Do you use any UI/Frame/Grid/Addon to track your timers? You have to refresh your dots in pandemic range, not after, not before.
    If you do not have any tracking solution, use "enemy grid" or "weakaura2" for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saniedrel View Post
    Hi Warlock Fellas,

our guild move to NH M, but since 7.1.5 my deepz is quite not good.
    I tried follow some stuff my Deepz raised but not that much as i need,
    honestly i have no idea what i do wrong just feel i i dont hard hit enough.
    Here is my char:
    eu[eu]battle[eu]net/wow/en/character/draenor/Saniedrel/simple
    my logs:
    [eu]warcraftlogs[eu]com/rankings/character/13858891/latest

thanks a lot guys
    Hi,

I have some suggestion for mythic scorpyron fight:
    - Stats: I'm not hundred percent sure, but you need more crit as stat, instead of haste
    - Destro is great for cleave but limited for AoE, do not talent for that, useful, but you could perform better if you just targeting the boss and the big skorpio trashmob
    - By damate ratio. Your chaosbolt damage is way too low. Maybe your shards did not pop up enough fast (too low immolate cast?)
    - Cast less rain of fire, more chaosbolt and immolate for shards
    - You forgot to use any potion during the fight. You have to, when it's bloodlust (mostly when the boss freeze or at start for prepot)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Hello guys, finally been able to get a log, here is a star auger wipe at 7:35 into the fight, I see on the logs lots of locks ranging between 800-900k dps and I barely do 730k on a good attempt. Feels like im doing something wrong but im not sure
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HkcfQ/#fight=1

Last phase I keep agony on boss while fully dpsing the big add and i just agony the random small adds for WoC stacks. My damage is low untill last phase then it climbs up the meters a bit.

Any advice or help would be great, ty
    Hi,
    Unfortunately the log has some damage, lot of information can't track in it. But your performance look very nice. All your dot's have nice uptime.
    Some suggestion:
    I'm not sure what was your talents (because the logs broken) but maybe, you have to try the effigy build. As far as i see, you used AC with MG. Maybe you could got more dps if you use standard ST build with contag. I'm not sure, but seems the second potting at the end is missed. Also , you used prolonged, maybe DeadlyGrace could give you a little boost on DPS (I know, there is not so much difference between the two potion for affli).
    The refresh times seems fine, also, the shard generation look okay, maybe could be better without SL (more free rotation).

Cheers!

Hi,

So, on Krosus, your dps isn't too bad, but could be really better. Your rotation, basically good, talents & stats seems okay. Ofc, in the near future you need a littlebit more mastery and crit, but the ratio is good now.
    Some idea, where you could improve:
    - In the rotation, sometime you refresh your dots too early, - I think so just accidentaly.
    - What is very serious problem, you did not use any potion during krosus fight. Thats a pure dps loss. Minimum once you should use during the bloodlust phase (mostly at start)
    - Lot of time your dots fell off (agony, corruption) in this case, you have again and again ramp-up time, what is pure dps loss for 2-5 sec
    Is it ok to refresh DoTs early if you are simply moving out of Fel beam and you have nothing else to do? I do that a lot on Krosus so that way when I get to other side of platform all my DoTs have extended timers and I can immediately go into a long drain soul cycle. I also do it if I am tagged with Orb.

Deleted
    Hi,
    Hi,
    Unfortunately the log has some damage, lot of information can't track in it. But your performance look very nice. All your dot's have nice uptime.
    Some suggestion:
    I'm not sure what was your talents (because the logs broken) but maybe, you have to try the effigy build. As far as i see, you used AC with MG. Maybe you could got more dps if you use standard ST build with contag. I'm not sure, but seems the second potting at the end is missed. Also , you used prolonged, maybe DeadlyGrace could give you a little boost on DPS (I know, there is not so much difference between the two potion for affli).
    The refresh times seems fine, also, the shard generation look okay, maybe could be better without SL (more free rotation).

Cheers!
    Thank you for the input, I am playing with Cont, SL, SC, I use prolonged 2nd time during lust.
    The issue I have mainly is my dps till we lust, its very low, I have seen videos of players on 800kish in first 2 phases.
    What I do is , Agony then Sl then corr, ua x 2 or 3 if sc proc(reap if I have 2 or more), drain, I reap at 2+ and almost never 1. I dont know if that is an issue or not.
    Thanks again.

Hey, I am the Destro lock in the Krosus Kill. I dont know, i Think i am doing the rotation properly, but still my DPS seems to suck. any suggestions ?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Edit : I soaked the back , so no DPS uptime on soaking.
    Last edited by fndrx; 2017-03-16 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    @fndrx

Problems :

*CB cast : 47, CB hit : 46 => use Havoc to cleave on the adds.

*ELT : 89.60% => should be higher

*Cd management : it's a 6 minutes fight so
    => SH / imp / Infernal at pull
    => imp at 1:30
    => SH at 2:00
    => imp at 3:00
    => SH / Imp / doomguard at 4:30 + potion

*Immolate : don't forget to refresh it before going to soak embers in the back.

Other :
    * 3 souls shard wasted, no prob here
    * Embrace Chaos 42.43% : no prob

Deleted
    Hello, I play affliction warlock and I have the feeling that I should make much more damage with my equip.
    Unfortunately, I do not have the best relics.
    Do you have tips for me?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...3%a2nka/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...0630205/latest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    Hello, I play affliction warlock and I have the feeling that I should make much more damage with my equip.
    Unfortunately, I do not have the best relics.
    Do you have tips for me?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...3%a2nka/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...0630205/latest
    Hi,

I have some suggestion for you:
    - First of all, you used the same ST build almost to everywhere. If you going for Cont instead of AC, you will got much more dps boost
    - The UA casting is low, it's around 1.3:1 ratio with your Agony cast, so the entire damage ratio not so optimal
    - Your dot's uptime low, it's a pure dps loss
    - On some boss, there is no data about potion usage
    - @Skorpyron use the infernal as pet, give you a nice aoe & stun
    - Again, UA casting amount is pretty low (your shards not proccing?)

With your stats, the shardgen should'nt be an issue, but I saw on every boss lot of downtime on periods (30+ sec without cast) where you could and have to cast it.

Deleted
    Hi,

I have some suggestion for you:
    - First of all, you used the same ST build almost to everywhere. If you going for Cont instead of AC, you will got much more dps boost
    - The UA casting is low, it's around 1.3:1 ratio with your Agony cast, so the entire damage ratio not so optimal
    - Your dot's uptime low, it's a pure dps loss
    - On some boss, there is no data about potion usage
    - @Skorpyron use the infernal as pet, give you a nice aoe & stun
    - Again, UA casting amount is pretty low (your shards not proccing?)

With your stats, the shardgen should'nt be an issue, but I saw on every boss lot of downtime on periods (30+ sec without cast) where you could and have to cast it.
    Hi,
    I use potions at the start of the bossfights and another one during the fight.
    Yesterday I took infernal as pet for Skorpyron and I will do it in the future too.
    I do not quite understand what you mean with the uptime?
    I always try to have all the dots running and as a filler I use drain soul.

In this fight

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...casts&source=1

my uptime for Agonie and SL are nearly 100%. For Corruption it should be 100% because of AC.

I'll try Cont today.

Thanks ^^

EDIT:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=2

Log from today.
    Last edited by mmoc7285b3a1c8; 2017-03-18 at 11:15 PM.

Hey, I know this thread is struggling with helping people so I was wondering if somebody that knows how to analyze logs could tell me what I should mainly be looking at so I can start to analyze my own. Should I compare my logs with a top warlock or something and try to comb through differences? Are there certain key areas to look at like uptimes or number of casts for a spell or something?

I think I do good dps in raid (usually at least top5) but then I go and look at my logs and I'm usually never higher than 60 for my bracket % so there is obviously still a lot for me to improve on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Hey, I know this thread is struggling with helping people so I was wondering if somebody that knows how to analyze logs could tell me what I should mainly be looking at so I can start to analyze my own. Should I compare my logs with a top warlock or something and try to comb through differences? Are there certain key areas to look at like uptimes or number of casts for a spell or something?

I think I do good dps in raid (usually at least top5) but then I go and look at my logs and I'm usually never higher than 60 for my bracket % so there is obviously still a lot for me to improve on.
    Which spec?

Generally a comparison for the same length of fight will do well. However, there are a lot of factors that can effect casts/damage done etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post

reading your earlier posts, you're playing affliction so i threw this together because i was bored. its no final "guide" but it does go over the basics.

http://imgur.com/a/UEIS2
    Last edited by Arcrin; 2017-03-19 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    reading your earlier posts, you're playing affliction so i threw this together because i was bored. its no final "guide" but it does go over the basics.

http://imgur.com/a/UEIS2
    That's pretty cool.

Thalem, apart from the stuff above if you are playing MG Affy the biggest thing you also want to look at your dump/drain cycles. Check how many UAs you're casting, that you are fully draining each one and your dump cycles are spread somewhat evenly.

There are more technical ways to do this with auras and pin queries (which also take into account Fatal Echo procs) but to start here is the basic way to see what you are doing. Go to Casts and in the graph you usually want to see 2-3 UAs (how many depends on different factors), Reap (if you have it and normally used after the second UA) and then DS x2.

If you have some spare time watch the two recent log review videos by Preciousyipz: https://www.youtube.com/user/Yipzarena/videos I will say he doesn't cover everything you can look at but it gives a very good overview. Plus he has a whole ton of other useful videos there.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2017-03-19 at 03:06 PM.

@Arcrin and @Spikeyshadow -- Thank you both so much for the help! I will be checking those out for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a question for you all. I've been going over my logs based on the above posts and I notice I don't really hold drain cycles or UA dumps for any particular reason. If I have two UA I dump them and immediately Reap<Drain Soul.

Should I be waiting for certain buffs either from trinkets or from adds dying before drain cycling or UA dumping? Also, do you only drain cycle when you have at least two souls? I've been doing it if I have even one souls. I'm guessing since I'm not aligning my UA/Drain cycles up with buffs I'm leaving a lot of dps on the table.

My question to all of you is what buffs should I be looking for to wait to drain cycle? That way I can use a WA to track the buffs and when they are aligned then for sure do at least one UAx2<Reap<Drain cycle.

never use UA if you only got 1 shard, waste of time, unless you have seriously strong buffs that you cant just replicate like 5x wrath on krosus.

I try never to use any UAs if i dont have atleast 1 buff. be it reap, lust, wrath. if i dont have any buffs i will only use UA to not overcap shards. the imgur "guide" i linked was me playing long time ago where i just used the generic get 2 shards -> dump -> drain life. which i believe in strict conditions are very bad. rather save the shards and spend them when it either matters to the fight or you have buffs. i dont even spend shards on opener until i get a few reap stacks within lust. it will look bad on the dmg meter for sure, until you spend your shards.

you dont loose dmg by waiting cause the dmg is banked inside the shards, so if you dont overcap and still gets all shards spend during the fight, nothing is lost.

I like to play affliction very reactive to what buffs i get and it seems to work out just fine.
    Last edited by Arcrin; 2017-03-19 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    never use UA if you only got 1 shard, waste of time, unless you have seriously strong buffs that you cant just replicate like 5x wrath on krosus.

I try never to use any UAs if i dont have atleast 1 buff. be it reap, lust, wrath. if i dont have any buffs i will only use UA to not overcap shards. the imgur "guide" i linked was me playing long time ago where i just used the generic get 2 shards -> dump -> drain life. which i believe in strict conditions are very bad. rather save the shards and spend them when it either matters to the fight or you have buffs. i dont even spend shards on opener until i get a few reap stacks within lust. it will look bad on the dmg meter for sure, until you spend your shards.

you dont loose dmg by waiting cause the dmg is banked inside the shards, so if you dont overcap and still gets all shards spend during the fight, nothing is lost.

I like to play affliction very reactive to what buffs i get and it seems to work out just fine.
    Thanks a ton Arcrin, I will try this and see if I can't improve my dps. I'll be making some WA to track buffs better as well. Off the top of my head I'm guessing the top buffs to track would be

- Lust
    - Wrath of Consumption
    - Compounding Horror
    - Whispers of the Dark buff?

Am I missing anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so after trying to analyze myself on my latest Krosus fight I would give myself the following feedback: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...GTJjv#fight=10

1. Didn't use a second pot.
    2. I need to increase my uptime on Drain Soul. When compared to another Lock that did 600k+ on this fight within my ilvl they had 43 casts to my 36 and their drain soul did about 4 million more dmg than me.
    3. Need to do a better job of tagging mobs for get more Wrath of Consumption stacks.
    4. Need to do a better job of aligning Reap with my other buffs
    5. Was at 5 soul shards an awful lot during the fight and may have missed out on generating another shard and thus dps.