Mythic Spellblade - Any Tips?

Hey all! We just killed Mythic Krosus and are heading to Spellblade next. Though slightly harder than Botanist, after Krosus we are looking for a "master one phase at a time" progression rather than "wipe in last phase repeatedly" style of Botanist... plus tier

So, looking for any tips or helpful kill videos / strats to speed up our learning curve.

Tanking on stairs leading to Elisande/Krosus.

Tanks - Bear and Warrior
    Will have bear take frost add/warrior boss, warrior fire add/bear boss, and rotate every phase after that.
    Plan on tanking boss on one side of stairs and add on the flower bed on other side (I heard this forces easy add pathing during its spin in frost phase). Besides of course arcane add - tank will solo first slash then stack on boss facing the raid (not facing the other tank).

Healers - Hpally, Mistweaver, Hpriest, Resto Druid, Resto Sham.
    Hpally on tanks, mistweaver+druid+hpriest on mark of frost, and shaman raid healing.
    For cooldowns, was thinking revival and hymn during frost animate. Sac during fire animate. And Tranq, Spirit link, and tide during arcane detonate.

For mark of frost, planning what seems like usual strat. First two random go left. 2 planned partners join them and pass marks between these two groups. 2 random replicates go right, again with planned partners to bounce to (with backups ready). 4-10-13-10-10-10-10 on left, 5-10-10-10-10-10 on right. For the "assigned" players, we are going to shoot for two mages left, two spriests right (forces two of the detonates on spriests who can disperse during that high damage).

Then for frost detonate, they will move to assigned square in mid to drop the 4 pools.

Fire phase just seems like loose spread, don't move with searing brand (let others dodge it), and be careful to not overlap adds.

Arcane phase we'll stack after orbs go out and then make a U shape around the stairs to drop adds.

Is there anything major wrong with this plan, or anything you found that made the fight easier? Anything at all is much appreciated - like when high damage points are for personals/health pots, or when to save dps cooldowns for... or any helpful weak auras / addons.
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2017-03-15 at 09:46 PM.

We put down marks for dropping the fire adds in good spots (at the bottom of the stairs in a rektangle shape) this was more consistent for us in not getting adds spawning to close.

Link was more then enough for us to survive the arcane phase so we used all other cd during first and that awkward time when you have frost debuff up while the fire debuff is up. We had tranq when frost add spawned and few big then devotion aura for first fire debuff and tide+ankh totem for second fire debuff. (Note the second frost phase the frost debuff is gone before the fire debuff appear so it is much easier)

Also during arcane orb make sure raid is spread to not die due to the arcane orb spawning. Also don't move to fast during arcane orbs landing (you want them all bunched up) we did a move, stop, move thing and make sure everyone stay stacked during arcane until the last fel lash is out.
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did 4-10-10-10 etc and that seemed to work fine for the frost phase. No real tips here, just a lot of damage near the end of the phase and half way through the fire phase. Emphasize survival more than anything else.

Fire phase really isn't all that difficult, just need to make sure things aren't overlapped. Honestly we didn't have set positions, people just kinda star formation around the boss (which we dragged her to the middle for the fire phase). If you have a DK he can cover for somebody misplacing adds. Bigwigs assigns markers once people actually click on a target, so the faster people actually target something the faster something goes out. We generally assigned two people to each marker and it worked fine.

For the arcane phase you probably want your bear to solo the first couple slashes (five total). They can solo the entire thing with proper CD management and externals, but it's really not needed. The first one is the most important as arcane stuff is still falling, the ones after that are fluff, especially the last two. If you have a single add that isn't clumped up properly, just let it explode. There is zero damage following the arcane phase and it's not worth pumping single target into it. It will only drop your raid to like half health at best, so it's generally not worth the effort.

As far as general tips goes, you can have your melee DPS with taunts actually taunt the boss half way through her annihilate cast and have your MT taunt it back as soon as they get the debuff. The DPS will take very minimal damage and it allows your tanks to solely be on one target or the other. So one on boss, one on the add. It's not necessarily and it does require your DPS to not miss the cast (or the tank that's tanking to be slow on taunting back) but it will save tanking CDs for emergencies (like your DPS messing up the very thing I am suggesting), simply tanking assignments, and lower tank damage as a whole. Again, it's a trade off though because your three DPS will be going through a rotation of taunting once every minute, but honestly it's not very hard.

Boss really isn't that difficult with gear. If everybody survives you won't have a second set of arcane adds, but I'd highly suggest not ignoring them if you think you will get them. She enrages shortly after the second set of arcane adds, and if you actually manage to clear the arcane adds it will be an easy win as you can kite the boss around for quite a while. Literally the hardest part of the fight is learning the frost phase and the transition into the fire phase. Like 85% of our wipes were 2-3 minute wipes, mostly consisting of learning the frost phase, and then the aftermath of when frost spills into the fire phase for the first little bit. Nothing really dangerous about the other phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Bigwigs assigns markers once people actually click on a target, so the faster people actually target something the faster something goes out. We generally assigned two people to each marker and it worked fine.
    I'm pretty sure you don't need to target stuff for BW to assign markers, it just does.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One small thing - the fire debuff actually does a large amount of damage. Initial application hurts, then there's the charge and ticking damage, resulting in around 3 millions in roughly 3 seconds, with a big dot attached to it. Considering that Mark of Frost is still ticking on four players, this can easily lead to deaths if people underestimate it. Same with fire elementals - six auras hurt a lot and sometimes people would leave nearly dead add because 'dots will finish it'. Don't, healers will hate you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post

Tanking on stairs leading to Elisande/Krosus.
    Would suggest you turn around and face the fountain instead, gives you loads more space. Like this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-JJlKbsIw

We started with a stairs placement, and are going towards this placement next time.

Notice that the fire fel soul does seem to jump all across towards the target furthest away, so you seem to be able to control it by having players far outside the grp on one side, and the tank on the far side on the other side.

Our tank was frustrated with the threat table on the fire fel soul, as it often just jumped immediately away from him, and went crazy after that. I think the issue seems to be that if you taunt it before it activates fully (i.e. starts moving), the taunt lands, but the threat table is "off" somehow.

A final thing: Although friendly nameplates are going away in 7.2 (which could be in a month or in a day, who knows), I'd recommend nameplate circles as you are learning the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eBYPe7FC1c

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    One small thing - the fire debuff actually does a large amount of damage. Initial application hurts, then there's the charge and ticking damage, resulting in around 3 millions in roughly 3 seconds, with a big dot attached to it. Considering that Mark of Frost is still ticking on four players, this can easily lead to deaths if people underestimate it. Same with fire elementals - six auras hurt a lot and sometimes people would leave nearly dead add because 'dots will finish it'. Don't, healers will hate you for it.
    Wanted to say that too, definitely a difficult phase/transition.

One smaller thing: I've seen the "4-10-13-10-10-10" stack for the first pair of marks as well and we also did it like this a few times. But honestly, we didn't really see any benefit by letting the third stack up to 13. I guess it originally had to do something with the detonate timing, but it worked just fine with letting it stack to 10 and not higher and it made it a lot safer. The problem with 13 is that it hits the two random guys, not the assigned people, therefore you can't guarantee that they have enough personal cooldowns ready to mitigate the heavy damage inflicted by 13 stacks.

Just make it easier on yourself and stick with 10 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    We put down marks for dropping the fire adds in good spots (at the bottom of the stairs in a rektangle shape) this was more consistent for us in not getting adds spawning to close.

Link was more then enough for us to survive the arcane phase so we used all other cd during first and that awkward time when you have frost debuff up while the fire debuff is up. We had tranq when frost add spawned and few big then devotion aura for first fire debuff and tide+ankh totem for second fire debuff. (Note the second frost phase the frost debuff is gone before the fire debuff appear so it is much easier)

Also during arcane orb make sure raid is spread to not die due to the arcane orb spawning. Also don't move to fast during arcane orbs landing (you want them all bunched up) we did a move, stop, move thing and make sure everyone stay stacked during arcane until the last fel lash is out.
    Oh wow, that's good to know as that's not at all what I would assume the highest damage points would be. Thanks for sharing! Did you use any CD for when the fire adds themselves were out and casting? I'm a little worried about this moment as in heroic we just honestly killed one group at a time and let the others cast (with random interrupts/stuns) so I have a feeling we are going to be a bit sloppy on that XD I'm hoping DBM marks them as well, haven't seen it happen in heroic though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    Wanted to say that too, definitely a difficult phase/transition.

One smaller thing: I've seen the "4-10-13-10-10-10" stack for the first pair of marks as well and we also did it like this a few times. But honestly, we didn't really see any benefit by letting the third stack up to 13. I guess it originally had to do something with the detonate timing, but it worked just fine with letting it stack to 10 and not higher and it made it a lot safer. The problem with 13 is that it hits the two random guys, not the assigned people, therefore you can't guarantee that they have enough personal cooldowns ready to mitigate the heavy damage inflicted by 13 stacks.

Just make it easier on yourself and stick with 10 stacks.
    Awesome, thank you for that! I would much prefer to just stick with 10 instead of 13, so if you felt no benefit (and detonates we just as simple) with sticking to 10, we will plan on that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So it is 4-10-10-10-10-10 on first side, and 5-10-10-10-10-10-10 on second side?

- - - Updated - - -

Great tips guys I really appreciate the feedback. Wish us luck!!

We tank the boss on the steps and I pull the frost add into the citadel (beware to not pull it too far to not trigger enrage) before it starts it's second spin. This way it will not spin through the middle while the guys with frost debuffs try to place the detonates there. It would be better to swap your tanking start. If the druid tanks the second frost add he can Rage of the Sleeper the second add spell and pick up the frost elementals without getting tossed over the platform.

Our tank was frustrated with the threat table on the fire fel soul, as it often just jumped immediately away from him, and went crazy after that. I think the issue seems to be that if you taunt it before it activates fully (i.e. starts moving), the taunt lands, but the threat table is "off" somehow.
    That is how a taunt works. You force the add to attack you for 3 seconds and get the same thread as the highest target on his thread table. If you taunt the add at spawn, you force it to attack you, but you get 0 thread since nobody generated any on it yet. If it instantly jumps away, there is no way to generate any thread on it and after the 3 seconds it goes after your casters because they could generate some thread with their cleave damage.