For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

(Speculation) Will 7.2/flying have a big effect on Gathering prices?

So Flying is coming soon in 7.2 speeding up everything.

Also there's a thing at the Sentinax at Broken Shore which spawns demon portals, more frequently the more players kill progessively stronger enemies, which apparently drop beacons to drop even more portals/special buffs.

Some of the beacons affect tradeskills.

Sentinax Beacon of the Bloodstrike: Commands the Sentinax to fire a Bloodstrike at your current location, unearthing Blood of Sargeras.
    Sentinax Beacon of Petrification: Commands the Sentinax to fire a Petrum beam at your current location, turning everything in the area to felslate.
    Sentinax Beacon of Fel Growth: Commands the Sentinax to fire a Fel Seed at your current location, causing starlight roses to rapidly grow.

I really wonder how much the market will go down (varies per realm of course).

Good.

i think its stupid paying 1.4k a pot, when u go through 60 or so a night. when progging
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

It'll likely drop a huge amount. Along with the quality of the game from re-introducing flying into current content. Luckily it'll only last one full patch.

i think prices will spike for a little bit (with new profession skills being added to the game), and then go back down.

I agree with others. There may be a spike right at the start with the new profession skills, but in the end, prices will drop. I think this will be a good thing for the game overall. I know I for one rarely sell anything I make from my professions outside of obliterum, so I much prefer less time spent gathering to a higher profit in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Good.

i think its stupid paying 1.4k a pot, when u go through 60 or so a night. when progging
    1.4k for a Pot? Server transfer ASAP. For a flask i can see 1.4k but for 1 POT?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsin View Post
    1.4k for a Pot? Server transfer ASAP. For a flask i can see 1.4k but for 1 POT?
    i make my own, but yes some pots go for 1.4k some people own the sale/trade for them, and buyout anything almost instantly under what they have set he market to be.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i make my own, but yes some pots go for 1.4k some people own the sale/trade for them, and buyout anything almost instantly under what they have set he market to be.
    There isn't a single realm in EU or US where Legion potions go for more than 800g/ea. And excluding the 5% less populated servers, it's below 500g median

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the potion problem will be solved regardless of flying, seeing how materials are getting halved.

That on it's own will drive prices down.

(wasn't a problem for me as I liked selling them for 300-500g a piece)

Botters are already "flying"...

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    There isn't a single realm in EU or US where Legion potions go for more than 800g/ea. And excluding the 5% less populated servers, it's below 500g median
    500g median, im guessing your using an AH site that grab there info on the median price of what has sold?

aka i raid at wierd times, and go check ah and yes i do see pots on the AH for 1400g. sure they may not sell, but if that is all there is at that given moment and people REQUIRE them, they will buy them.

Does it stay at that price, no it doesnt, never stated it was a set price merely i have seen pots go for 1.4k recently and sell for 1.4k recently.

i myself sold a stack of Prolonged power for 15k the other day. thats 5 x the market rate, if you put it up there and someones desperate they will buy them.

Deleted
    market is already in recession due to oversupply of resources, which is likely to panic at weekend.
    if 7.2 release will be within the next 2 weeks market wont recover for short-term inversion.

given the actual conversion rate 0.9-1.1(resource vs product value)/1 product(+procs=profit) /flying gathering acceleration consumables r likely to drop much further (min expensive pots at current Prolonged Power): my personal prognosis for my server market is around 60g pot, 150g flask.

the withdrawal of gathering capital will result in a niche boom and a hard competition for crafting legos (this market probably wont be controllable by pwr-traders due investment volume: what price range will those legos have?). Most lucrative will be niches, esp. pets.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    500g median, im guessing your using an AH site that grab there info on the median price of what has sold?

aka i raid at wierd times, and go check ah and yes i do see pots on the AH for 1400g. sure they may not sell, but if that is all there is at that given moment and people REQUIRE them, they will buy them.

Does it stay at that price, no it doesnt, never stated it was a set price merely i have seen pots go for 1.4k recently and sell for 1.4k recently.

i myself sold a stack of Prolonged power for 15k the other day. thats 5 x the market rate, if you put it up there and someones desperate they will buy them.
    If you one time at a specific hour bought or sold a potion for 1.4k doesn't mean that it's price is 1.4k, that only means someone just resetted the market and you happened to check the priced in the 5 minutes after that. If you are the kind of guy that go through 60 pots a night, you might not want to wait the second before raidgroup to buy consumables

15+ Year Old Account
    Pots gon probably cost down to 1/3 of current prices, flying=faster between nodes, also herb cost for pots seemed to be cut in half on all potions.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    If you one time at a specific hour bought or sold a potion for 1.4k doesn't mean that it's price is 1.4k, that only means someone just resetted the market and you happened to check the priced in the 5 minutes after that. If you are the kind of guy that go through 60 pots a night, you might not want to wait the second before raidgroup to buy consumables
    Totally missing the point of the thread and what i stated in the first point.