Thread: Mass burnout.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seriously, if you feel you need to grind out everything in order to raid Mythic, you can either:

Embrace the grind.
    or
    Raid on another difficulty.

It's not the game's fault that you're over extending.

Personally, I don't want to do the grind, so i don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halstinavos View Post
    Right, but my point is, you only get the AP back from whatever you spent over the 35th trait and now there will be a whole bunch of new traits that are tremendously more expensive, so anyone that was at 54 now has to grind AP again. Everyone will be back to grinding AP.
    yeah im simply sayying if somone asks a question, dont use words so hard as "Reset" cause somone who read just your responce there, may have thought you were literally reset
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got burnt out and left my raiding guild. (NH was pretty good but everything else felt stale, needed a break)

I've been enjoying Overwatch and FFXV lately.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-03-16 at 04:21 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah im simply sayying if somone asks a question, dont use words so hard as "Reset" cause somone who read just your responce there, may have thought you were literally reset
    Fair enough.

Many of the MYTHIC NH bosses are tuned around 54 traits.
    True because people had already farmed AP like crazy before NH released. And even if they hadn't.. End bosses were never meant to be downed in a matter of days. Progressing in a raid will give you the power increase you need to down the final bosses through gear. So unless you are running in a WF race (which by itself implies you are willing to get any power increase no matter how small or time consuming it is) the need to race to 54 traits was smth people imposed on themselves and then whined about it.

Deleted
    its not a reset its a refund, it gives you your points back to use them where you please, your AP has not been "Reset" it has been refunded

- - - Updated - - -

see above, reset and refunded are different
    It's confirmed reset, as everyone under ~35 recieves a short catchup quest to reach the same strength of the now 54 AP persons. People with 54 only gain a small headstart in AP. So everyone will be of same power, which is essentially a reset.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough.
    cause that guy said he hadent played, and to have his responce be"yeah its reset" may make him idk, angry and just right out never come back :P
    hve to be careful with how you word things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazkaldar View Post
    It's confirmed reset, as everyone under ~35 recieves a short catchup quest to reach the same strength of the now 54 AP persons. People with 54 only gain a small headstart in AP.
    thats not what reset means, thats called refund
    your points back to 35 are refunded
    people are not being reset to 35, people are being refunded to 35
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I know i took a break (plan on returning for 7.2). Mainly due to boredom. They made heroics as easy as normal used to be and push all the difficulty to mythic plus which I couldn't care less about. I understand what they wanted to so with m+ but I just feel like they shoved it to hard into importance.

Deleted
    cause that guy said he hadent played, and to have his responce be"yeah its reset" may make him idk, angry and just right out never come back :P
    hve to be careful with how you word things

- - - Updated - - -

thats not what reset means, thats called refund
    your points back to 35 are refunded
    people are not being reset to 35, people are being refunded to 35
    No, it's essentially a reset. Everyone will be at the same point. Yes, they will be set to 35 as of the latest news.

"For those not at Knowledge level 25, don’t worry. You’ll be led to Dalaran to get a boost up.
    If you haven’t opened all 35 ranks of your available traits, a quest will become available so you can complete that before moving on."
    Last edited by mmoc987cc13f6a; 2017-03-16 at 02:07 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but my point is, you only get the AP back from whatever you spent over the 35th trait and now there will be a whole bunch of new traits that are tremendously more expensive, so anyone that was at 54 now has to grind AP again. Everyone will be back to grinding AP.
    This is a part of it for the players that feel obligated to unlock every trait before they are "viable". Considering this thread is focused on raiders, this is probably the main reason for burnout combined with the cyclical nature of content patches.

In the past when a new tier came out, dedicated guilds were ready to step into it day 1 without any grind - only held back by their progression. Nowadays raiders are held back by progression and AP, so burnout is real.

When I think about the new AP traits as a casual, I am excited. If I think about it from progression raiding standpoint it seems like a chore.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Isn't it kind of logical and obvious that when a guild is experiencing a mass burnout of members, that said guild is doing something wrong? Just sayin'. Common sense, people.

Within the past 2 weeks, we have had a massive drop-off in activity from anyone, raiders and non-raiders alike.
    Same happening for us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    In the past when a new tier came out, dedicated guilds were ready to step into it day 1 without any grind - only held back by their progression. Nowadays raiders are held back by progression and AP, so burnout is real.
    This exactly. More and more players quit over this crappy system.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2017-03-16 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    They made heroics as easy as normal used to be and push all the difficulty to mythic plus
    Heroics haven't been hard for some expansions now. The only time they where actually hard was in TBC when they were first introduced and perhaps early WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Isn't it kind of logical and obvious that when a guild is experiencing a mass burnout of members, that said guild is doing something wrong? Just sayin'. Common sense, people.
    We still play other games together, so no, I don't think it's us, lol. A lot of us play overwatch and other games as well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one has to "grind" AP. You get AP naturally by simply doing pretty much any current content. Obviously if you are the kind of player who enjoys "grinding" hard to get ahead then it's all good, you can go ahead and grind as much AP as you want. But if it's getting to the point that you're burning out and/or no longer enjoying it, it means you're doing it wrong.

The game is designed so that the optimal route to maxing out your new artifact traits is to accumulate AP steadily, by doing the stuff that interests you over the months it will take to get your artifact knowledge up to 50. "Grinding" twice as much before then is only going to get you one trait ahead of everyone else. "Grinding" ten times more will only get you 3-4 traits ahead.

I am an officer in a fairly large guild that consistently had people on (until recently) always doing things. We would fill a 30 man raid at one point for heroic and cut down to 20 for mythic. We also had people on every day running keys and we always cleared up to a 15 in multiple groups for weekly cache.
    aaand here is your problem - nobody likes to be benched your own fault for mismanaging your bench.

I've stopped with my guild, but that because I was getting picked to fill slots if someone didn't sign up, regardless I'm one of the top dps there,

Life lesson: If your GM Fucks off a lot of people, even if hes completely in the wrong, don't ask to have a private word with him on TS, just ignore the issue xD

1st time i've been unsubbed in years. It feels great tbh with the current state of the game. Zelda (and hopefully Mass Effect) is so freaking amazing. 7.2 seems to coming fast to plug the leaks, but I'm sure if I do resub it will only be to get AK started. Log in every 5 days for a stupid ass gating mechanic...or forever be behind.

AK/AP/Titanforging/RNG Legendaries/Mythic + has killed the game for so many. Yet they are adding more...

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    until recently we had enough for Mythic but now we're filling slots with socials and bads. I think this week will be only the second time we've not been able to fill a mythic raid team and I actually raided with another guild on the server on tuesday due to this. Granted we're on a very low pop realm but yeah, the AP grind has killed a fair few people in our guild, I love it, but I'm only on 49 traits so not massively invested like some of my other guildies.
    I highly suggest you and the OP go look up some threads from around the time previous tiers ended before trying to blame burnout on Legion. This isn't new and players have been doing this every raid tier in every expansion and every single time without fail people make these asinine threads as though they made some grand discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No one has to "grind" AP. You get AP naturally by simply doing pretty much any current content. Obviously if you are the kind of player who enjoys "grinding" hard to get ahead then it's all good, you can go ahead and grind as much AP as you want. But if it's getting to the point that you're burning out and/or no longer enjoying it, it means you're doing it wrong.

The game is designed so that the optimal route to maxing out your new artifact traits is to accumulate AP steadily, by doing the stuff that interests you over the months it will take to get your artifact knowledge up to 50. "Grinding" twice as much before then is only going to get you one trait ahead of everyone else. "Grinding" ten times more will only get you 3-4 traits ahead.
    I don't understand why I keep seeing people say this. If you raid difficult content, anything you can do to increase player power is something that you should be doing for the benefit of yourself and your guild. So while it's not necessarily required, people feel obligated to grind out the AP for the increase in player power. It's the same reason people farm gear. It's an increase to your power.