Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    What about all the other stuff you ignored? You chose public broadcasting because it was the only thing you could stretch your imagination to in order to comment. You ignored clean water, public schools, clean air, health care and public housing to pick on public broadcasting.
    It's Orlong.
    Just don't. All he has is alternative logic and alternative facts...

As for the OP...well, I guess Trump has to pay for the wealthy's tax cuts somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    War hawk Trump is exploding military spending for no reason because he wants a big dick and to have a war.
    Ehhh, from what I read the military increase is 50 something billion, but 30 something of that was already approved and planned under Obama's budget and likely to happen regardless of who had taken the White House.

So it's not quite as explosive as it seems, but still another increase. I'd rather have seen the budget planned from Obama's administration reduced in the first place.

And everyone keeps talking about paying to build that wall. Let's assume Mexico did somehow miraculously pay for it. Let's say it was paid for up front and didn't cost a dime from day 1 to build because we're playing in fantasy land for a moment.

.........what are the costs of maintenance on it? US needs to spend about 3 trillion in infrastructure to get up to par and Trump has said he wants to put 1 trillion towards that, but a ridiculous mega super wall is going to add to this cost long term due to maintaining it.

Maybe drug cartels and illegal immigration guides will find a mineral deposit we can make use of while tunneling under it. >_<

Deleted
    Put a tariff on drug imports, use taxes to pay for the wall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Put a tariff on drug imports, use taxes to pay for the wall.
    I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?

America "first"!

Or America back to the stone age might be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Nah we put tarrifs on mexico so american consumers pay for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Who needs public schools, clean water, clean air, health care, public housing, corporation for public broadcasting, fighting infectious disease etc we are getting brand new shiny weapons, tax cuts for the rich and a wall from the dark ages
    Public schools were not funded at all by the federal government until the creation of the Department of Education under Jimmy Carter. Education has gotten worse, not better since the feds got involved.

You act as if half the population has a different supply of air and water, you're clever.

Health care is provided by doctors. Not the government. There are no government doctors treating the general public.

We don't need to be funding NPR or the CPB. Period. Haven't for decades.

So your entire rant is why people voted for Trump. In effect, a campaign ad.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Public schools were not funded at all by the federal government until the creation of the Department of Education under Jimmy Carter. Education has gotten worse, not better since the feds got involved.

You act as if half the population has a different supply of air and water, you're clever.

Health care is provided by doctors. Not the government. There are no government doctors treating the general public.

We don't need to be funding NPR or the CPB. Period. Haven't for decades.

Thank you.
    Government doctors do treat thousands of veterans every single day, they are the general public. Health care is often funded by the government. In fact, that's one of the largest chunks of our entire budget (Medicare).

People voted for Trump, because they are fools.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Our military under Obama deteroriated tremendously and is in bad shape. That's not up for discussion. It's a well recorded fact.
    This is the dumbest shit I have read all month.

"deteroriated tremendously" So under Obama everyone just quit doing their periodic maintenance and shit fell apart?
    "bad shape" Compared to what exactly, the military might of the army of darkseid?

You are so full of shit I bet the whole room smells of it every time you open your mouth.

That's a case for reform and removing the private sector when Trump is doing the opposite.

The EPA regulates water and air and companies doing violations, guess what happens when they have less resources to levy fines and violations on top of Trump deregulation? my point obviously went way over your head.

Trumpcare, medicare, medicaid look them up.
    We don't need to be funding NPR or the CPB. Period. Haven't for decades
    debatable but that's a matter of opinion.

And your entire response shows how clueless some Trump voters are, you obviously agree that the money is better spent on weapons, the rich and a border wall
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-03-16 at 02:21 PM.

I'm not sure what this is even supposed to mean.

The government pays for a large number of people's health care. What is this backward nonsense logic? Next you'll pretend taxing food doesn't increase the cost because people get their food "from the farm laborers, not the government".

Also, pretty hilarious the article mentions a campaign promise being fulfilled, when Trump specifically said over and over that Mexico would be the one paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Nah we put tarrifs on mexico so american consumers pay for it.
    People do realize that while we will pay for a portion of the wall, producers also share that burden with us.

Deleted
    We need safety, so let's cut EPA.
    America first, so let's fire people and spend almost 4 billion on a wall that will do nothing.
    ??????

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    And your entire response shows how clueless some Trump voters are, you obviously agree that the money is better spent on weapons, the rich and a border wall
    Yep, absolutely I do.

100%

I have already seen how this story ends. We build the wall then a few years after, something happens that causes the vast majority of Americans to want to flee the country. Can't now motherfuckers, you're trapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm not sure what this is even supposed to mean.
    Just leave them to their delusions of grandeur.

This was all expected as far as I'm concerned. Trump is a businessman. He cares about money, the military, and silly walls, not people. The only people he cares about is his family, and I would suspect that is only because they share his name.

In the end this is just his proposal. Congress will determine the real budget. Even with the ridiculous lot of goons we have running the government at the moment the budget will hardly reflect Trumps proposal once congress is done.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Could sort of argue a tariff on imported drugs would ve covered by Mexico. Of course that would be an alternative fact

Its more that i like a tea totaller is so desperate for a wall he'd legalise anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    So we won't have clean water or air if the EPA takes a hit? Any evidence of this or is this just the usual progressive scare tactic because you lack any awareness or understanding more than an inch deep? Can you specifically answer how our water will suddenly become contaminated or is this just a blame Republicans like the water in Flint, despite Democrats being in control at every level just like Katrina.
    I guess you don't remember when the us had a river on fire, eh?

ON FIRE.

Rivers are not supposed to be flamable, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Our military under Obama deteroriated tremendously and is in bad shape. That's not up for discussion. It's a well recorded fact.
    No it isn't. Military spending both in adjusted dollars and as a percentage of GDP peaked in 2010 and then lowered back down to ~2003 levels because the U.S. wound down two wars that had huge operational costs and not because the military "deteriorated."

Whatever "deteriorated" means. I suppose its some variation of the "we don't have the same amount of dreadnoughts and horsewhips that we had during WWI" argument.

I'll just put this link right here for fun.

That's a lot of chopping.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

It's only a proposal and has to go thru some hoops before its approved and there will be lots of changes made to it on the way. He's a business man, and if you want 15Mil you first ask for 20 or 25. So once negations and other things are done you get the 15Mil you wanted in the first place, instead of sub 15 because you asked for 15 first. Because lets be honest, no matter what budget he sends some of the congress is going to QQ and force changes just to stick it to him.