Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    The challenge/Adventure of raiding is tied up with character progression... you remove that why should ppl do raids?
    The challenge of actually overcoming the boss as a team?

MOBA Raiding LMAO , Worst Idea Ever In The History Of This Wolrd of That Galaxy on That Timeline on This Earth on .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It IS FORCED. When the choice is NOW or NEVER, you are forced. Go back to school.
    So choose the never option. Choices n stuff

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    So choose the never option. Choices n stuff
    You still see this from an indifferent person's point of view. If you're a mount collector, there's no choice. It's NOW. There would be a choice if the duration of the giveaway was infinte, like the pet Graves. I then have a choice as when to get it, on my own pace etc. This is not the case with this mount. For people who want to collect mounts, this was a FORCED event. now go back to play your other choice of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still see this from an indifferent person's point of view. If you're a mount collector, there's no choice. It's NOW. There would be a choice if the duration of the giveaway was infinte, like the pet Graves. I then have a choice as when to get it, on my own pace etc. This is not the case with this mount. For people who want to collect mounts, this was a FORCED event. now go back to play your other choice of games.
    Well personally I find the game fun so its hard for me to sympathize with people that feel its a chore and that they were "forced" to do something that they ultimately make the decision on. Such as the decision to be an OCD mount collector that cannot go without a single mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    8. You can queue for raids, dungeons or PvP. Rated and non-rated.
    Why? Why would you raid if wont win any gear?
    At least winning in PVP gives you satisfaction that you are better then some other PERSON, but winning in PVE without gear reward proves you are better then a script.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if he wants the mount he is, sure it's a choice but if you're a mount collector, there's very little choice, do HoTS or lose a +1, the later means you're not really a mount collector after all.

i did level 20 for the graves pet wow that was a grind of like 80+ games.
    And if you are a collector I am sure you have done many other non-fun things to get them.
    Just seems rather petty to single out HotS.

Again, you are never "forced" to do anything. The decision is up to you. People need to stop throwing the word "forced" around.
    I agree.
    Like many words or phrases, it gets way overused and misused a lot of those.

It IS FORCED. When the choice is NOW or NEVER, you are forced. Go back to school.
    It is as much "forced" as is the requirement for any other mount.
    Singling that out as "forced" while ignoring the specific requirements for any other mount is simply petty.
    You are "forced" by that same definition to run a given dungeon or raid if that is the only source for a mount, or grind a currency, or buy a collectors/digital deluxe edition, etc.

Didn't require wins.
    Had an option to play vs the AI.
    Obviously the major problem is the limited duration, which even without that would require the same.
    Just having the option of it more spread out over a longer duration.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-15 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well personally I find the game fun so its hard for me to sympathize with people that feel its a chore and that they were "forced" to do something that they ultimately make the decision on. Such as the decision to be an OCD mount collector that cannot go without a single mount.
    Being a collector of ANYTHING implies an OCD on the subject of collection. It's not unhealthy to have such an OCD. And fun is subjective. I hate MOBA's. I take my time to farm Graves (which used to be such an overpowered pet, it was almost compulsory for every pet collector/battler in WoW), but i had to make time for HotS this last month. So stop dissing people with different tastes than you and go play HotS, if you like it.

Nobody would raid if there is no form of character progression.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And if you are a collector I am sure you have done many other non-fun things to get them.
    Just seems rather petty to single out HotS.

I agree.
    Like many words or phrases, it gets way overused and misused a lot of those.

It is as much "forced" as is the requirement for any other mount.
    Singling that out as "forced" while ignoring the specific requirements for any other mount is simply petty.
    You are "forced" by that same definition to run a given dungeon or raid if that is the only source for a mount, or grind a currency, or buy a collectors/digital deluxe edition, etc.

Didn't require wins.
    Had an option to play vs the AI.
    Obviously the major problem is the limited duration, which even without that would require the same requirement for playing HoTS.
    Same reply to you too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a collector of ANYTHING implies an OCD on the subject of collection. It's not unhealthy to have such an OCD. And fun is subjective. I hate MOBA's. I take my time to farm Graves (which used to be such an overpowered pet, it was almost compulsory for every pet collector/battler in WoW), but i had to make time for HotS this last month. So stop dissing people with different tastes than you and go play HotS, if you like it.
    I'm not dissing anybody I'm saying that using the term "forced" to talk about playing a game for a mount in another game is hyperbolic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Why? Why would you raid if wont win any gear?
    At least winning in PVP gives you satisfaction that you are better then some other PERSON, but winning in PVE without gear reward proves you are better then a script.
    Most guilds, including my own, would instantly kick someone who raid for gear. Loot never mattered, at all. The FUN of raiding is killing a hard boss after tons of wipes. That is the satisfaction real raiders want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you are never "forced" to do anything. The decision is up to you. People need to stop throwing the word "forced" around.
    when is "forced" allowed to be used ?

definitions :
    "done against your wishes" : mount collector wish to complete their collection but would not want to have to play hots ("I wish they didn't forced us to play another game I dislike to achieve X in wow"), use is correct ?
    "An action that is forced is done because it is suddenly made necessary by a new and usually unexpected situation" : it is necessary for a collector to complete their collection, what matters in life after all, isn't it being happy and satisfied, use is correct ?

so I would like to agree but if I read the definition I can't agree
    what you said would be right if there were a way to get that mount without playing hots. there is no shortcut or alternate path, making your statement wrong
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-03-16 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    when is "forced" allowed to be used ?

definitions :
    "done against your wishes" : mount collector wish to complete their collection but would not want to have to play hots ("I wish they didn't forced us to play another game I dislike to achieve X in wow"), use is correct ?
    "An action that is forced is done because it is suddenly made necessary by a new and usually unexpected situation" : it is necessary for a collector to complete their collection, what matters in life after all, isn't it being happy and satisfied, use is correct ?

so I would like to agree but if I read the definition I can't agree
    what you said would be right if there were a way to get that mount without playing hots. there is no shortcut or alternate path, making your statement wrong
    Yes but "forced" in this context is used in such a negative way. Every mount you're "forced" to do something to obtain it but other methods you enjoy and others you don't. Still seems silly to me to blame Blizzard that you're "forced" when the decision to be a mount collector that will collect every single mount is up to you, the individual.

The criticism I'll accept is the time limit on the offer. I do think it's a bit dumb they do that, even if they gave everyone a month. The mount isn't supposed to be prestigious or something, way too many people have it now so might as well just let people get it whenever they want.

Nah.

We already have HoTS.

I can see this as an extra WOW MINI-GAME esc thing, but that's about it...

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Being forced through hots now for the mount. No way in hell should blizzard EVER make a moba again. Deffinately not something like you try to say here.
    Hots must be one of the worst games i have ever played. And ontop of that, you want to remove character progression. Char growth. The main force pushing players to keep playing

They should make a new improved version of wow. a wow 2.0 if you may. In either the starcraft or diablo universe.
    Well, glowpipe has spoken for all of us. I guess the idea is shit-canned.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

WoW combat is terrible. I mean, in the year 2017, it's just objectively primitive; it's "play Simon Says with your buttons and don't stand in fire". It's the one thing that a WoW successor needs to overhaul, preferably towards something with a more typical action RPG bend. Anything to get away from this "target and cast ability" nonsense.

If you turn WoW into an exclusively queue-based game with the same combat/gameplay it has today, all you'd be creating is a really shitty alternative to better games. Seriously, I could just play Monster Hunter or anything vaguely Monster Hunter-ish to get a far better multiplayer boss battle experience that actually uses 3D space, movement and hitboxes in a way more sophisticated than a stock-standard MMO following a formula that predates the turn of the millennium.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2017-03-16 at 02:35 PM.

So, someone's putting a gun over your head to do it?

..No?

Alrighty then....

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Hots must be one of the worst games i have ever played
    Yet all the other popular MOBAs (besides Smite) are so much worse.

I really can't stand MOBAs, but there's something about Smite and HotS that I find enjoyable. HotS especially because of the cast of characters from Blizzard universes and there's NO FUCKING ITEMS HOLY SHIT FUCK ITEMS AND LAST HITTING. Last hitting is a very stupid skill that no one should ever have to master because it's such a non-gameplay mechanic.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yet all the other popular MOBAs (besides Smite) are so much worse.

I really can't stand MOBAs, but there's something about Smite and HotS that I find enjoyable. HotS especially because of the cast of characters from Blizzard universes and there's NO FUCKING ITEMS HOLY SHIT FUCK ITEMS AND LAST HITTING. Last hitting is a very stupid skill that no one should ever have to master because it's such a non-gameplay mechanic.
    Personally, I find last-hitting enjoyable in the Dota 2 context because it's a mix of timing and zoning. The ability to deny by killing your own creeps on low HP makes a pretty big difference.