Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    ^ This, this right here. His "content" consists of subjective opinion. Stick a webcam in front of any player and ask then to discuss the game and you'd get exactly the same "quality" of commentary. His presentation is bad, his stuff is barely structured, and overall he puts very little effort into it.

Plus it's offputiing and more than a little sad to watch a balding and overweight englishman approaching middle age while trying so desperately to pretend he's a Westside gangsta.

"HOLLA BALLERZ" ... no. Just no. Give it up already, you're embarassing yourself.
    Salty much?, i would like to see you do better then seeing it is so easy to create "quality" content.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    Problem now is that the Ilvl required to kill a boss is roughly the Ilvl rewarded from them. Nighthold is tuned to high and should be nerfed, atleast the middle bosses. Being forced to have 54 Artifact traits and 905 Ilvl with BiS legendaries to stand a chanse in the instead is riddiculous. If that's the case bosses should drop 915 minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    Problem now is that the Ilvl required to kill a boss is roughly the Ilvl rewarded from them. Nighthold is tuned to high and should be nerfed, atleast the middle bosses. Being forced to have 54 Artifact traits and 905 Ilvl with BiS legendaries to stand a chanse in the instead is riddiculous. If that's the case bosses should drop 915 minimum.
    You don't need BiS legendaries to stand a chance.. Half my guild don't have theirs and we're 5/10. The reason we're slow isn't lack of dps/healing, it's lack of brains.

But yeah, bosses are generally tuned too high. At 905+ilvl you should be rolling over the bosses, not progressing. But that's how it is with the current TF system

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic gear just needs something extra to make it worth the effort. As it is now, it's pretty much Heroic Titanforged, except much more difficult to obtain. The extra 15 ilvls aren't good enough when we consider that Mythic capable guild will curbstomp Heroic and have a decent chance at upgraded loot. First kills are completely unrewarding gearwise, since by then you'll have several Heroic runs - or more, in case of final three.

Farm kills do eventually become faster, but it's usually when few people win the Titanforged lottery - something that has little to do with being rewarded for progression kills. Maybe if Mythic had guaranteed socket, or if it was possible to upgrade them to match the Titanforged stuff. Anything to make them actually worth the effort. Unfortunately, this would require a rework of gearing system and would result in "stop catering to hardcores" complaints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    My preferred commentary format starts with "Sup y'all, it's me, it's ya boi Asmongold"
    That's right brother.

100% spot on

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Sorry, once someone mentions preach, they lose all credit to me.

However, I don't mind the kill times
    you should watch the video before critisizing it, he isnt mad about how long the fights take, he goes into that other raids on average had longer boss fights like throne of thunder all through was much longer
    but that after weeks and weeks and weeks of doing it the kil times on the mythic bosses barely goes down unlike others where they go down alot

Deleted
    great perspective from preach in his video i find. Say spellblade first week of M takes just under 7min in other expansions youd be seeing her killed at like 5min or so but now its still 6min 15sec 6min 30sec(numbers are just examples)

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know the guy too well, but what he's saying seems spot on.
    Funny that people who disagree attack him personally, instead of addressing the argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Don't know the guy too well, but what he's saying seems spot on.
    Funny that people who disagree attack him personally, instead of addressing the argument.
    Ok.

Graph is misleading as the X axis's range shift dramatically between the two examples (it makes the issue look worse).
    His first kill times represent my guild, his farm kill times don't.

Next.

He is absolutely fucking right and thats a great video.

Nighthold has caused a far bigger burnout than raids in the past in my experience. I even got burnt out and took a break.

The problem is that they overtuned the shit out of this place and the gear acquisition is awful design right now. Thankfully 7.2 will nerf this stupid instance; because as it stands, only 100 guilds will have killed mythic Guldan by the time July comes by if even 100. That is a failure on blizzards part. Mythic should be cleared by 1000-2000 guilds not 100 top guilds.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Even Heroic feels like its following the same line of reasoning as Mythic to an extent.

Deleted
    We're 7/10, progressing on 8/10, 3 day a week guild and having to waste a day to farm, if not more. Sure, we're pretty awful at farm, but would be nice if you could get to a stage you had in previous xpacs where you could brute force X. Still at a point where no resses on last botanist phase is wipe due to dmg. Kills another 8 mins.
    Last edited by mmoccdb78603ca; 2017-03-16 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy View Post
    Thrill of the kill - he dosen't feel that
    Loot- he dosen't feel satisfaction in getting it
    Achievments - dosen't care for them

Why is he playing this game again?
    You know why is he doesn feel any satisfaction? Becouse non of those things are satisfaing. When you get upgrade you are only mad becosue it isnt titanforged. When you kill boss you dont care becouse you alredy killed him in normal anyway. Achievements? WoW another useless mount not like everybody have over 200 mounts and nobady gives **** about that anymore.

Deleted
    I can definitely agree with preach.

If I take a look in both my hardcore progress guild and the semi-progress guild of my girlfriend, the trend is definitely real.

My GFs guild is within the top100 (killed helya within top60) with 4 days per week. They have killed krosus in the very first mythic ID and Tichondrius one week later. Since then they didnt managed to rekill both bosses on first try. They usually require 5 tries @ krosus and 10 tries @ tichondrius week after week. Their guild ilvl is grown from 900 to 908.

My (ex-)guild doesn't have big issues to rekill bosses fast (usually first try), but the difficulty of the bosses requires the same level of concentration like the firstkill. The durations dropped by ~1min per boss since the first kill with more or less 11 raid ilvl on top.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-03-16 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Ok.

Graph is misleading as the X axis's range shift dramatically between the two examples (it makes the issue look worse).
    Next.
    You make no sense. What he is saying is spot on no matter what the graph may look like.

And this makes even less sense as its all average which you can pull from warcraftlogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Ok.

Next.
    No idea where he has the data from and how accurate it is, but you don't think there is something wrong with NH gear progression curve?

How do you people listen to that fat arrogant tub of shit without wanting to murder his face?
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-03-17 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No idea where he has the data from and how accurate it is, but you don't think there is something wrong with NH gear progression curve?
    Sure I don't disagree with the gist of the argument but as I said, the graph layout makes the issue look worse than it is, I also don't believe NH has been out long enough to compare NH farm to ToT farm.

I'd also be incredibly curious if he's including ToT farm by people in 12 months worth of SoO gear.