Thread: Mass burnout.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    rotating people in is still just as bad
    no one likes being benched
    no one likes being in a guild where is like "ok so i only get to raid once every 2-3 weeks, and i have to show up to raids even on the days im benched just to make sure they dont need me at some point...
    no, some people like it, especially ones who can't afford raiding every week and are fine raiding 1 lockout every 2-3 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I know their goal is to have a much much smaller difference between paragon power, but there will be crazy people wanting to complete something that's simply not possible :P
    It's also just an idiotic goal to being with.

Let's make a system that, at the same time:
    1) Doesn't really matter
    2) Provides a benefit that can't be predicted, but if the stars align could get your group a kill
    3) Can't be completed
    4) Is something players actually want but don't feel like they need to get

If I was the lead designer and someone pitched this system to me I would hand them a pink slip.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The legend of "the game has never been worse than it is right now" continues. "There's too much to do" sounds like a luxury problem to me, which only applies to people who desperately wants to squish out those last few percentages to be the greatest DPS.
    It's really how people spend their time, someone with 1 character will find progression in AP and gear, thus finds the best way for it, usually repeating mythic+ and doing most if not all Raid lockouts for Gear/Legendary chances.

Player with many alts will do world quests/weekly events instead, still a form of repetitiveness.

Adding something completely random like Diablo style rifts with different mobs/layouts wouldn't change much however as it's all about time vs reward vs random chance to get legendary/titanforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Same story on my whole server actually, there is a big ass burnout everywhere now for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Halstinavos View Post
    I am an officer in a fairly large guild that consistently had people on (until recently) always doing things. We would fill a 30 man raid at one point for heroic and cut down to 20 for mythic. We also had people on every day running keys and we always cleared up to a 15 in multiple groups for weekly cache.

Within the past 2 weeks, we have had a massive drop-off in activity from anyone, raiders and non-raiders alike. We went from constantly having at least 15 people on at any given point to having maybe 3 on at the same time. The only time anyone gets on is for raid (for those that are still actually raiding).

I know every xpac goes through a point like this, but it happened very suddenly and dramatically for my guild. I feel like it was weird, because from one week to the next, our raid attendance was basically cut in half and nobody left the guild, they all just simply stopped playing the game. Many of them have not even logged in now for 2 weeks or so.

I've never seen this happen so fast and so dramatically. We are now basically on a break until Tomb of Sargeras, which some people have said they will come back for, but a lot are just 100% done and not coming back. The majority have stated burnout as their reason and that they have entirely lost interest in the game.

Anyone else experiencing this level of burnout in their guild?
    Zelda launched 2 weeks ago. Neir Launched, Mass Effect next week, Dark Souls DLC week after. I haven't been on wow either. Not burned out just other things to play.

Summer is comming! the winter of raid guilds will be extra rough

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Legion has a lot of stuff to do and burning oneself out is really easy to do. I have to admit that even though I am enjoying the expansion greatly, for the first time in nearly 10 years I am feeling on the edge of burnout. That being said I don't blame the game. It is up to me to moderate how much I play, prioritise what is important, and let the rest go. Last week was particularly brutal because in addition to all the regular weekly stuff there was the Timewalking event (for me with 3 high level toons that was 15 instances), the HotS promotion (15 games to do), the Darkmoon Faire and the final wing of NH LFR is now open.

I think that for people who can't self moderate, the risk of burnout is very real. So take it easy, figure out what is absolutely necessary and what you enjoy the most and set limits on how much time you play. If you aren't getting to everything you want to do, relax, it will still be there next week/month/year. This game is like a marathon, rushing is only going to mess you up in the long run.
    No I really think the biggest issue is that everything seems to be relevant somehow for a mythic raider. Gotta do those daily emissary caches, gotta run M+ for your BiS raid trinket that is miles and miles ahead above everything else because dungeon trinkets weren't really balanced around going up to 900+, gotta farm AP for 54 so you can progress in mythic NH, gotta get your BiS legendary item because (especially in my case being a frost dk) it's super busted OP strong but is getting nerfed next patch and sadly you only have the second and third best, gotta farm gold or bloods or mats somehow to get your pots and flasks, gotta get ready for 7.2 so you know how best to get your new stuff going effectively... I don't think we'd have this issue if the content felt more optional. If the emissary cache and WQs were just like a rep thing and lower level gear thing then a mythic raider wouldn't feel obligated to do it... but until I get every single legendary item for my class I kinda have to keep doing it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Zelda launched 2 weeks ago. Neir Launched, Mass Effect next week, Dark Souls DLC week after. I haven't been on wow either. Not burned out just other things to play.
    Don't forget the 17 day power ranger marathon on twitch that started 2 days ago /kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    This is a blatant lie. Blizzard themselves even stated that only Star Augur onwards was tuned towards the 54 traits. Star augur onwards, hmmm so star augur, elisande and Guldan. That is 3 out of 10. Even mythic guilds stated that you don't need 54 for the first atleast 6 bosses (tichondrius is a gamble, since it depends on raid comp.)
    Okay, so I didn't look up the exact number. It's 3 bosses. My bad for not looking and being super specific. It doesn't change the fact that there are bosses tuned around 54 traits and my post was not a blatant lie. So saying there was absolutely no reason to grind to 54 traits is still not entirely true. Have I done the grind to 54? No. I'm not at that level of progression though and with the loss of guild members I never will be. I was simply replying to what other people have said, and several other people were talking about AP grind as a reason for burnout.
    Last edited by Halstinavos; 2017-03-16 at 04:44 PM.

For me, I blame Zelda.

So far as not playing much, certainly my whole guild is in that place. More overwatch, BDO, heathstone and such are being played. People are only logging in to raid. I think it's just 2 1/2 months into a raid tier and no new world in a while, mythic plus getting stale, world pvp being destroyed by sharding and phaselines, having my artifact at 54 and not being caring to grind out my offspecs or alts. I think 7.2 will be fresh air and we'll see the numbers back up. But I must say that the usual launch drop off took almost 7 months to hit us and part of what we're seeing is actually a result of a delayed launch drop off because it's taken until now to really run out if interesting things to do.
    Other than being stuck at the 3/10 mythic wall with a 19 man roster, this Xpac has been some of my best wow ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    no, some people like it, especially ones who can't afford raiding every week and are fine raiding 1 lockout every 2-3 weeks
    really? because thats not how benches work out, it usually ends up being somone doesent show up and now you suddenly have to raid on a day you wouldent normally
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

For me, it was the 4th crappy legendary that I got. I'm just so bored? Sad? Can't be bothered? To run the hamster wheel. I'll log on to raid, but I know I'm not performing as well as I could be if I was lucky enough to get the 2 legendaries that make my class 1) Fun & 2) Competitive. I've let my sub run out, actually. I haven't logged in since Tuesday night. If it wasn't for the raid, I'd likely just leave it unsubbed but I don't want to abandon friends. We can barely field a mythic now, losing more people could be catastrophic. I'm not even excited for 7.2...the legendary "fixes" are a joke, my class got no upgrades/changes that I'm looking forward to, flying is another huge grind. It isn't much of a wonder why people are burning out. I'd rather play Horizon: Zero Dawn and/or Mass Effect at this point.

I'm taking a break too. It's been a few weeks since I've logged on. I'm sure I'll be back eventually, but as of right now I'm just playing other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest the never ending difficulty ladder is more to blame but sure grinding AP you can easily pass on is the real problem. Please tell me how youre forced again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    And a capped system is also a bad system. Missing a week puts you behind thus making it required to do each work which is more like a job than you described above.
    Also can we stop pretending everyone here is a Mythic Raider and saying things like "I got benched because I dont have my BiS gear" no you got benched because A. you either suck or B. Your raid leader is bad and they think you need BiS to complete heroic content
    One week is one week, and your own fault (depending on the circumstance ofc) for missing, and can be fairly easily regained with some extra effort in raiding or running dungeons if they're still relevant, otherwise missing a week probably won't make that much of a difference. Almost on par with a week of bad luck. Shit happens.

A second, endless dayjob is much worse, since some people have other things they need to do and cannot feasibly keep up with a legit no-lifer who have the...'luxury' of being able to grind wow for 12 hours/day. The punishment for missing a week in wow now is much, much more severe because the amount of gain you can gain from a capped week to an un-capped week is miles appart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    People during WoD: There's nothing meaningful to do outside of raids!

(Some) people during Legion: I have to do things other than show up 5 minutes before the raid!

I get that Blizzard (as they always do) swung the pendulum perhaps a bit too far. But let me ask you this: WoD model or Legion model?

Legion all the way, for me.
    I am a nonbinary and DON'T CATEGO-oh...uhm... Can I vote Wrath? .__.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to my guild. In a span of three weeks the entire guild quit. Me and one other guy were the only ones left and I finally came to the point that I couldn't log in to an empty guild anymore and quit myself. Yes, this expansion has brought with it major burnout due to all the grinding you have to do with AP and garrison resources and world quests. Most said they quit because it was becoming too much of a grind to stay relevant in order to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    One week is one week, and your own fault (depending on the circumstance ofc) for missing, and can be fairly easily regained with some extra effort in raiding or running dungeons if they're still relevant, otherwise missing a week probably won't make that much of a difference. Almost on par with a week of bad luck. Shit happens.
    It blows my mind that people are still opposing caps with "bu-but you might be a whole WEEK behind other people" when the reality is already so much worse for many players.

Ding a new alt. Even if you grant yourself AK20 how many weeks behind are you then?

We're going through the same thing now sort of, but we're a smaller guild to begin with (typically raid with 12-15 people). There's been what feels like less activity on non-raid nights.

Personally I'm a bit burnt. I played fairly heavily from release day till recently, and the bottom line is that as you gear up, progression slows, and repetition increases drastically. This has always been a hurdle that few if any MMO's have overcome, and WoW is no different. I've slowed down my play quite a bit in the last month, really just logging in for raid nights and maybe a mythic + during the rest of the week. My alts have been completely dormant.

7.2 will bring activity back, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    It blows my mind that people are still opposing caps with "bu-but you might be a whole WEEK behind other people" when the reality is already so much worse for many players.

Ding a new alt. Even if you grant yourself AK20 how many weeks behind are you then?
    Yeah. And then you have legendaries on top of the grind too. :/ So much so that rolling a new alt from scratch to abuse the first legendary drop thing is a legit tactic. What the fuck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach had a good video yesterday. Pointing out a part of the problem I had felt and heard others express, but didn't quite make sense until you look at the stats.

Fights feel long and stay feeling long even months into the tier.

1st kills w\o gear and kill times after 6 weeks of gear are about the same. Where in the past they have sped up by 50-70%.

The thought can lead to different conclusions and suggested solutions, but it seems to be a piece of the burnout puzzle this tier. Check it out if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YLx62dih4