Explains some things.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...owares_b_team/

Seems that gameplay and the MP is supposed to be very good though.

Any predictions on what the Metacritic score is going to be?

Last edited by ramjb; 2017-03-16 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The poster faces for Ryder's are modelled after real poeple. BW didn't have/want to get constent to make those customiseable.

Bioware already took the liberty of customizing Jayde Rossi's face.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is giving us great memes. Certainly a game I'll avoid having never been a mass effect fan. Might get it cheap one day, animations and dialogue are worthy of a place alongside early resident evils at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

4chin blocked at work : (

Any chance of uploading to imgur or something? >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The poster faces for Ryder's are modelled after real poeple. BW didn't have/want to get constent to make those customiseable.
    You don't need consent to modify a face based on a real life person. If they original model had this clause in their contract then Bioware is stupid for using them. The male commander Shepard had an "appearance" model as well but could have more customization done. And yes I know most of that article is about voice actors rather then appearance.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/themetalcat...ABmg#.tuXwgX4Y
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    mid 70s to Low 80s somewhere. While it has all this animation jank it's actually a pretty solid third person shooter at the same time in regards to combat.

Mid-80's. The Mass Effect brand as well as EA publishing it will carry it through most reviewers critiques.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I think the large quantity of memes that's flowing around the media is a major red flag.

I'm 2ish hours in - am not having the problems some people here seem to be having. The faces bothered me at the beginning but I'm not really bothered by it now. Gameplay is fun - playing on Hardcore and it's definitely more difficult than the OT was on hardcore. Just unlocked apex MP missions - taking a break before trying those.

IDK, the story has me intrigued, I love most of the NPCs I've met so far - they seem to have some interesting quirks.

I guess in the end - I'm having fun. Minor complaints aside, I'm enjoying the game.

A solid game so far.

Very fluid. Great combat. Gorgeous graphics. Decent performance too.

Eye movements are weird. No real introduction either. I'm expected to know all these people? No bonds really made.
    I'm only half way through the first mission though, so I'll give it time.

Can't believe it's out in a few days! SUPER EXCITED!!! So far I have managed to stay away from all videos of the game so far, with the exception of the teaser. I want to experience every little thing first hand, clutching a controller.

So dad ryders facial features are probably based off your preset, I used preset 6 as the basis for my scott, has Sara on default considering they looked similar, Alec ended up looking eastern Europeanish which fits with my Ryder, but if you try to pick the black ryder and make him white Alec is going to look weird.

About Momryder, has anyone else gotten to the part where we see her, mine looked mostly white with jsut a little bet of exoticness thrown in, i wounder if she changes or always stays the same.

Also the Scott preset one looks soooo good, i may have to do an Asain ryder family even tho I'm white.

So far I'm not a huge fan of the cover system. Feels way clunkier than both the ME2/3 and the ME1 system. It might just be that I don't fully know how to use it to its full potential yet.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It rather looks like she needs a bathroom badly, but cannot find it in a huge ship...
    It looks like something already happened.. that's at least what's associated around here with running around like that.
    Well that or that you were born on a horse .

*snicker*

A bit meme heavy but I think it gets the point across.

Man, you'd think Andromeda was the only game with janky animations to ever release. Did Uncharted 4's cutscenes become the industry norm while I wasn't looking?

I mean, yes it doesn't look good I agree, but at some point we get it. If I judged every game purely by its animation quality, I'd have to trash most of my favorite titles. I care more about what's under the hood, how's the combat, the writing in general, the side-quest quality.

It's also easy to cherry pick footage from TW3. I'm replaying it on my new computer right now, and while the animation quality is above Andromeda's for sure, it has more than its fair share of janky spots too, especially amongst minor NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Man, you'd think Andromeda was the only game with janky animations to ever release. Did Uncharted 4's cutscenes become the industry norm while I wasn't looking?
    Uncharted and about a dozen other major releases over the last year, yeah. This is gen 8, last generations janky, technically limited animations aren't going to fly anymore in a AAA game unless the developer can find a way to hide them with clever art direction and cutscene direction. Two things ME:A is lacking.

I mean, yes it doesn't look good I agree, but at some point we get it. If I judged every game purely by its animation quality, I'd have to trash most of my favorite titles. I care more about what's under the hood, how's the combat, the writing in general, the side-quest quality.
    One of the issues folks are talking about is that yes, while you can generally overlook some level of jankiness if the rest of the game is great, that doesn't really seem to be the case here. There's plenty that's great, and the combat is regularly called out as being the best so far, but between how bad the animation/etc. issues are and the fact that there's not a ton else that's really standout to help folks overlook them, they're almost put under a microscope.

It's also easy to cherry pick footage from TW3. I'm replaying it on my new computer right now, and while the animation quality is above Andromeda's for sure, it has more than its fair share of janky spots too, especially amongst minor NPCs.
    Yep, but again, the game overall was fantastic enough for folks to largely overlook the issues that popped up here and there. Folks expect at least the same level of quality out of BW, as they're working with larger budgets than CDPR had to work with on Witcher 3 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uncharted and about a dozen other major releases over the last year, yeah. This is gen 8, last generations janky, technically limited animations aren't going to fly anymore in a AAA game unless the developer can find a way to hide them with clever art direction and cutscene direction. Two things ME:A is lacking.

One of the issues folks are talking about is that yes, while you can generally overlook some level of jankiness if the rest of the game is great, that doesn't really seem to be the case here. There's plenty that's great, and the combat is regularly called out as being the best so far, but between how bad the animation/etc. issues are and the fact that there's not a ton else that's really standout to help folks overlook them, they're almost put under a microscope.

Yep, but again, the game overall was fantastic enough for folks to largely overlook the issues that popped up here and there. Folks expect at least the same level of quality out of BW, as they're working with larger budgets than CDPR had to work with on Witcher 3 IIRC.
    TW3's budget was slightly larger than Inquisition's by the estimations I found on Wikipedia (CDPR unveiled their budget, EA did not, not to mention their pay their employees in Polish money and thus save a lot since they sell worldwide that way).

As to the rest, footage I saw of Horizon Zero Dawn and Mankind Divided made them out to have even worse animations and I didn't see half the memes I do now. I just see a good amount of cherry picking. I haven't played the trial, but I've spoiled myself the first 2 hours of the game, and most animations looked fine. The lady shown often does have horrible animations and dialog, and Ryder has the occasional derpface in dialogs, but aliens by and large look nice and most actual cutscenes (not dialogs) look pretty decent.

What I'm saying is that it didn't overly distract me from the rest of the game. If some people are so hung up, well, shame on Bioware I guess, but it's not my case.

Oh well, it's not a big issue. The internet will move on once they find the next source of memes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most of us just expected more from the next in what's most likely going to be another saga, another trilogy. We didn't expect to be going back to November 20th, 2007.

10 years later and the faces are just as bad as day one. It feels like they've learned nothing.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥