Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Suggestion/Request - Discord Webhook for MMO-Champion

I would love to see a well-developed webhook to dump WoW related news posts into community Discord servers. Wowhead News recently added one that works great, and while that has provided some great content in my server currently (and am sure many others), would really prefer to have the full scope and depth of MMOC news there as well.

I have managed to roughly achieve this functionality through a custom webhook and zapier I was able to create to scrape the RSS from the news forum, but it really lacks in display, formatting and functionality that a proper webhook could have.

Please take this into consideration as it would be a great addition and benefit for your readers and community, especially as Discord keeps growing popularity and becoming a single platform for various things.

Quote Originally Posted by AegysGaming View Post
    I would love to see a well-developed webhook to dump WoW related news posts into community Discord servers. Wowhead News recently added one that works great, and while that has provided some great content in my server currently (and am sure many others), would really prefer to have the full scope and depth of MMOC news there as well.

I have managed to roughly achieve this functionality through a custom webhook and zapier I was able to create to scrape the RSS from the news forum, but it really lacks in display, formatting and functionality that a proper webhook could have.

Please take this into consideration as it would be a great addition and benefit for your readers and community, especially as Discord keeps growing popularity and becoming a single platform for various things.
    I can definitely look at doing this, but is there not an existing bot or something that will just check the RSS feed every X minutes and then notify the channel?
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-03-16 at 07:35 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    That is essentially what I had created, with the combination of a custom webhook created on one of my servers, and plugging that into Zapier's RSS scraper module. Pointed it to the News forum, and it relays each new forum post to a channel in our Discord. This is working decently, but if you have seen the Wowhead Webhook, it is quite a world of difference. RSS is just able to provide a title and link, whereas a more native/custom webhook and provide more content complete with image in a much cleaner fashion.

Here is a screenshot of the difference between the two currently.

i.imgur.com/j9nrSWJ.jpg
    Last edited by AegysGaming; 2017-03-16 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by AegysGaming View Post
    RSS is just able to provide a title and link, whereas a more native/custom webhook and provide more content complete with image in a much cleaner fashion.
    Ah okay, we currently don't write a snippet and select an image like that, so a webhook wouldn't help in this case.