Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I need to buy the zelda book with the timeline in it.
    its not out yet outside of japan and it has no info on botw in it. maybe the third book will

- - - Updated - - -

Really hope they release a updated version of Hyrule Historia.

Haven't bought the original yet, Now I kinda want to wait and see if they do.
    hyrule encyclopedia already retcons hyrule historia
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hyrule encyclopedia already retcons hyrule historia
    Cool ill just grab that when it comes out.

I mainly wanted it for the image showing the timeline
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

That doesn't prove anything, That is one person's opinion. Also a 7.8 is not a bad score.

Do people not realize its illegal for company's to take money for reviews and not post that its sponsored? Ya I'm sure a Multi-million dollar company like IGN really wants to risk being sued over a game score...

Its 2017, If any company was being paided for reviews it would come out.
    Ummmmm... actually the gaming press industry has been notoriously rife with it, form Gamergate to Reviewers being voice actors in GTA games. On a personal note, I used to work on the press-side for over a decade - it's definitely there.

Also, it's not illegal. There's no law saying you cannot pay somebody for a specific article to be written, especially in VG reviews. If there is one, please show me cus I'm not aware of any that exist.

And the way it works is they don't "Pay" for reviews... what they do is purchase advertising, and people tend to water down/favor reviews towards that game/company who bought adds for them. I've personally known a couple of people who left the employed-press industry due to this practice, and personally one of my bosses had us send our reviews to approval to a specific company that we later found out he held stock in. ((if you want to know my cred, feel free to mail me)).

i think encyclopedia has a new timeline in it but again, nothing about botw is in it. i really hope the third book being released for the 30th reveals where botw is at.

but until them im continuing to believe it is a dragon break type merging of the timelines. everything in this game contradicts eachother.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Also, it's not illegal. There's no law saying you cannot pay somebody for a specific article to be written, especially in VG reviews. If there is one, please show me cus I'm not aware of any that exist.
    Yes in the US that does exist(and in EU as well). Because by law any sponsorship must be disclosed, A payed review is that a sponsorship.

Not only does this break the law it also breaks Youtube TOS and Youtube will shutdown your channel if you fail disclose sponsorship. That is why there was a big stink about awhile back.

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/fi...mentguides.pdf

There is only one time that it was proven true that a review was paid'ed for. That was over Kane and Lynch 2.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-16 at 05:07 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just beat the game. Ending was a bit lackluster, although I read that there is an alternate ending if you have all the memories. Time to do that I guess.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    I just beat the game. Ending was a bit lackluster, although I read that there is an alternate ending if you have all the memories. Time to do that I guess.
    I "spoiled" myself the endings and story a while ago and to be honest, what I've seen so far indicates to me that the game is not really worth it from a story perspective. It's rather simplistic and flat imho. The gameplay is the good part, well besides the durability crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think encyclopedia has a new timeline in it but again, nothing about botw is in it. i really hope the third book being released for the 30th reveals where botw is at.

but until them im continuing to believe it is a dragon break type merging of the timelines. everything in this game contradicts eachother.
    I have the feeling that every new entry to the series is going to retcon this nonsensical timeline bogus.

10+ Year Old Account
    oracle games are nolonger sequels to alttp. its now a different link and takes place after links awakening
    I am really glad for this, though to be honest I don't think they gave those two much though anyway since Capcom developed them and they just wanted to throw them somewhere. Still makes a hell of a lot more sense for it to be a new Link and not the LttP one that randomly de-aged and forgot about Zelda and then got his years back for Awakening.

Yes in the US that does exist(and in EU as well). Because by law any sponsorship must be disclosed, A payed review is that a sponsorship.

Not only does this break the law it also breaks Youtube TOS and Youtube will shutdown your channel if you fail disclose sponsorship. That is why there was a big stink about awhile back.

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/fi...mentguides.pdf

There is only one time that it was proven true that a review was paid'ed for. That was over Kane and Lynch 2.
    That's only direct pay w/evidence. What about what the majority do, slant reviews to appease their advertisers? That's not illegal (and much more difficulty to prove without direct audio recording)

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    I just beat the game. Ending was a bit lackluster
    That's the exact word I'd use to describe the ending. I can't imagine having to have grinded and traversed that huge world for an ending like that. Even the buildup to the final fight was lame as fuck. They really should have just stuck to traditional dungeons.

That's only direct pay w/evidence. What about what the majority do, slant reviews to appease their advertisers? That's not illegal (and much more difficulty to prove without direct audio recording)
    Once again and back to my original point.

There has only been one time that it was proven a Review was paided for. If you got proof great show it, until then its a unproven opinion at best.

Buying ad space isn't paying for a review.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That's the exact word I'd use to describe the ending. I can't imagine having to have grinded and traversed that huge world for an ending like that. Even the buildup to the final fight was lame as fuck. They really should have just stuck to traditional dungeons.
    The biggest problem was that you couldn't have earth-shattering plot changes (and by that I mean you can't have anything even slightly story-like happen ever) since everything needs to always be accessible at all times because 'open world lol.'
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The biggest problem was that you couldn't have earth-shattering plot changes (and by that I mean you can't have anything even slightly story-like happen ever) since everything needs to always be accessible at all times because 'open world lol.'
    Yeah it's pretty retarded. The whole thing that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game is that there's an open world, but parts are blocked off until you get new items from completing what's currently available to you. So it's linear but open world but you can still explore and go back to places with your upgrades so everything is nice.

Completely open world/all time accessible makes it feel like an unpolished indie game.

Once again and back to my original point.

There has only been one time that it was proven a Review was paided for. If you got proof great show it, until then its a unproven opinion at best.

Buying ad space isn't paying for a review.
    Dude, I'll write ya a PM later on with my own personal experiences in the i dustry plus others i know. I just find it so strange how you are so open to the idea of politicians exchanging favorable legeslation for campaign contributions despite lack of evidence, but that somehow gaming press are immune to exchanging favorable reviews for add dollars purchased...

Dude, I'll write ya a PM later on with my own personal experiences in the i dustry plus others i know. I just find it so strange how you are so open to the idea of politicians exchanging favorable legeslation for campaign contributions despite lack of evidence, but that somehow gaming press are immune to exchanging favorable reviews for add dollars purchased...
    My stance is always been I want proof.

Also I find our politicians to be a bit more corrupt then some game review site. There has been proof that politicians have done this, there is only one proven instance it happen with game reviews.

Also once again as proven with the link I provided, Its illegal.

Hell you could be correct there is always that chance, But I want proof not claims. Feel free to prove me wrong, I welcome it its how people learn

there is only one proven instance it happen with game reviews.
    If you're talking about Gerstman/Gamespot* (not Giant Bomb, that's what he made after -_-), it was actually the reverse. He shit on the game and Squeenix pressured GameSpot into firing him. So not even a paid review : P
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-16 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you're talking about Gerstman/Giant Bomb, it was actually the reverse. He shit on the game and Squeenix pressured GameSpot into firing him. So not even a paid review : P
    Ya I was, so valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah it's pretty retarded. The whole thing that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game is that there's an open world, but parts are blocked off until you get new items from completing what's currently available to you. So it's linear but open world but you can still explore and go back to places with your upgrades so everything is nice.

Completely open world/all time accessible makes it feel like an unpolished indie game.
    That was one of the things I liked about LttP and the Oracles games; you got a new item and then realised you might be able to use it to get past that thing halfway across the map you saw half an hour ago that stopped you from getting to that Piece of Heart that was just out of reach.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    That was one of the things I liked about LttP and the Oracles games; you got a new item and then realised you might be able to use it to get past that thing halfway across the map you saw half an hour ago that stopped you from getting to that Piece of Heart that was just out of reach.
    yup that's really missing in botw, the oh i can't get here yet moment i need gloves/hammer/rod/hookshot/cane the list goes on.

in botw all i get is, OH RAIN exploring canceled i can't climb i can't even kill a damn stone talus because i can't climb on him! lets afk until the bloody rain stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i can't climb on him! lets afk until the bloody rain stops.
    Or you could do something else and come back to him or get creative and kill him some other way.

I love that BOTW and also ALBW was open world and it lets you tackle it however u want. It adds new flavor to Zelda, but I can understand why some didn't like it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-16 at 11:35 PM.