Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They didn´t address RNG issues and Titanforging at all. And most upvoted questions from official forums got shunned.

What a fancy PR event that was.

The community is better at evaluating stats now than they were in Mists of Pandaria.
    Umm.. is this dude on drugs?

Did he completely forget this is how the game was designed back then? We had stat weights because we had reforging. We had a lot more choice back then and a lot more variety with stats BECAUSE THATS HOW THE GAME WAS DESIGNED BACK THEN.

There used to be a stat priority list, now we have precisely calculated stat weights.
    Guess they haven't even bothered to look at Resto druid stat weights. Its a complete cluster fuck. Depends on what exact content you're doing, any item you get changes ALL your stat weights.. its a god damn nightmare, I have no clue what these buffoons are talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    The team would love to offer some of the armor from NPCs, especially bosses to players.
    Does this mean i might finally get to have a armor set to look like ysera or alexstrasza from dragon soul or even how jaina lookedlike in icc i hope so.

7+ Year Old Account
    well no 7.2 announcement, seems like it will be next week with the Q&A so its confirmed, not coming this tuesday, but maybe the next? or first week of april

Lets see.

The Spike Collar Chain in Karazhan did damage when people hit you, the effect makes sense.
    Oh I dont know, name it so it makes sense? Absurd answer.

The team is still looking at how they can bring back another trait on relics, while giving players more choice and control.
    So many possibilities. You could allow us to merge relics, or tie it with a profession and group content.

Reforging also meant an interruption to your raid, as you had to go and reforge an item.
    First of all, I can't believe this is still being discussed. If you have no plans to reintroduce the system, say so and stop bringing it back every couple months.
    Secondo, there was a mount that allowed you to reforge. You could also have added an engineering items that lets you reforge.. maybe a little robot or a consumable.

These Q&A sessions show how much there needs to be a FAQ section on their website so they can answer real questions instead of rehashed stuff sprinkled with a little bit of new infos. You want to be better at communication with the public? Start with a compendium of where you can find vital informations rather than news spread all over the different social medias you guys use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well no 7.2 announcement, seems like it will be next week with the Q&A so its confirmed, not coming this tuesday, but maybe the next? or first week of april
    The latest PTR is not even set to release candidate, so it wouldn't make sense to release it next week. My feeling is first week of april.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Powerfully weak arguments against reforging especially now that hit and expertise are out of the game. This strawman they've setup where reforging doesn't work because it either breaks the flow of the game or because it relies on an extra step through the push of a button (their first excuse) is their way of thinking what's best for the game without realizing the current state of the itemization is beyond recovery thanks to all the RNG stacked on top of RNG stacked on top of RNG.

I'd rather push a button at the end of the night to make a bad item slightly better than go through all the hoops required immediately after a boss drops to find out if the item is worth rolling for. Christ knows this should have been the expansion which brought reforging back but here we are neck-deep in vile.

Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    First of all, I can't believe this is still being discussed. If you have no plans to reintroduce the system, say so and stop bringing it back every couple months.
    That's because people keep asking it, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Powerfully weak arguments against reforging especially now that hit and expertise are out of the game. This strawman they've setup where reforging doesn't work because it either breaks the flow of the game or because it relies on an extra step through the push of a button (their first excuse) is their way of thinking what's best for the game without realizing the current state of the itemization is beyond recovery thanks to all the RNG stacked on top of RNG stacked on top of RNG.

I'd rather push a button at the end of the night to make a bad item slightly better than go through all the hoops required immediately after a boss drops to find out if the item is worth rolling for. Christ knows this should have been the expansion which brought reforging back but here we are neck-deep in vile.
    If you were only reforging one item whenever you got a new item you clearly weren't using Reforge to its fullest extent. What they said in the Q&A did happen-- once you reforged one item you ended up reforging EVERYTHING.

Deleted
    Pretty sure we could calculate stat weights prior to MoP. But whatever those Blizzard puppets think to know.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    If you were only reforging one item whenever you got a new item you clearly weren't using Reforge to its fullest extent. What they said in the Q&A did happen-- once you reforged one item you ended up reforging EVERYTHING.
    Complete non-issue now that hit and expertise are removed. It reforged everything because it literally had to make up for the fact that you were either making up for either a gain or loss of either stats which would cause a domino effect across the board in most cases.

If my Unholy Death Knight got an item with versatility and mastery, re-rolling that versatility in to haste would not cause a cascading effect on my other pieces or gear nor would it have to be done immediately since there is no longer a concern of whether or not I'll be missing my target.

You could set up stat break points but, again, it wouldn't have to be done right then.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-03-16 at 07:34 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Complete non-issue now that hit and expertise are removed. It reforged everything because it literally had to make up for the fact that you were either making up for either a gain or loss of either stats which would cause a domino effect across the board in most cases.

If my Unholy Death Knight got an item with versatility and mastery, re-rolling that versatility in to haste would not cause a cascading effect on my other pieces or gear nor would it have to be done immediately since there is no longer a concern of whether or not I'll be missing my target.

You could set up stat break points but, again, it wouldn't have to be done right then.
    100% this. It's beyond belief that people still can't put 1 plus 1 together: with the hit and expertise gone, reforging would have been the ideal tool to let people customise their gear and have fun because changing items in 1 slot (or more) would not make you drop below the hit/expertise caps and start missing with your attacks. But in such an environment, reforging would be invalidating the bollocks RNG gearing systems that they've pushing since WoD and that's the real reason they removed it. All the rest is just nonsense.

Deleted
    WF and TF proced are too high ?
    LeL
    I don't have ANY -_- Yeah sure it is.... dumbass

They should remove RNG like that, it's stupid how some people got all the luck and other don't get any proc at all.

Deleted
    "The team doesn't want tertiary stats to be a huge factor, just a bonus.
    Avoidance is something like 8-10% damage reduction with just one piece, so these stats are powerful."

Wellt well, that makes so much sense.

"Reforging also meant an interruption to your raid, as you had to go and reforge an item." and thats bs too. Reforging was great and there was really no reason to delete it. When this is the best reason blizz has, then wtf.... Nobody left the raid to reforge. They did it after the raid... Can't belive what these guys are talking. They have absolutly no clue what they are doing.

These Q&As serve no purpose other than further convincing the playerbase that these devs know absolutely fucking nothing about the state of their game.

Reforging was shit, I hope it will never come back.

What concerns me immensely is they seem to think that they have "solved" legendaries in 7.2, when the feedback thread on the 7.2 legendary changes is almost entirely negative feedback.

Also, lel, brewmaster still doesn't exist to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    This Q&A is getting more viewers than PVP one, is that weird or what
    Sarcasm? A majority of the player base doesn't really care for PvP. This is PvE related, so....?

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Reforging was shit, I hope it will never come back.
    Most. Constructive. Post. Ever.
    Last edited by Moridius; 2017-03-16 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    If you right-click on an item, it opens the reforge menu to allow you to swap the stats around. You don't have to go anywhere.

See? I can make it work just fine too.
    Yeah? I thought that too when I read what Blizzard said. That's still not relevant to the comment I replied to, though, which was using an example that's not true anymore. If you meant that they should use a similar system for reforging, you should have said that instead.

"You shouldn't feel like you need a specific legendary item to do content. If you have multiple legendary items, you should feel like you have a choice."

Tell that to all the fucking Havoc DH starving because they dont have the ring, or all the Rogues stuck with Will of Valeera like me

15+ Year Old Account
    "Solo Challenges
    The challenges are in Patch 7.2 and are very difficult. Very difficult."

This gon be hard for people who wipe in LFR, or people who is 8/10Mythic? im betting its the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I did say that.
    All you said was that you can't equip a token and had to go turn it in to make it usable, which is untrue. Without further context it was impossible to know if you don't raid or haven't played the game in a while and were unaware of the change to tokens, thus a correction seemed beneficial. Your hostility is unnecessary.