10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    gaming in general is a waste of time.
    that's the entire point of gaming.
    Here here!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Heya.
    This's a mostly full transcript of my video review of Legion from a broad perspective. It's uh, long.
    You can watch it here.

TL;DR:
    Yes, you should try it out. RNG threatens to define Legion. In my opinion, it does not; just depends on your competitive attitude and the approach to your desired endgame.
    I feel like this type of review is lost in a community full of WoW fans...

Also isn't this a self-promotion post... as the link here is to a video created by the OP with the exact same message?
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-03-16 at 04:05 PM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Oh by the way, Legion Is doing the same thing, you remember that isle they removed from the map that was supposed to be the Ashran of Legion? Ofcourse you don't, they removed It just like Farahlorn and won't bring It back.
    A very strong, critical review.
    Although it appears to be influenced by misinformation and if your sig rings true and you haven't made an account since your ban, I suppose I'd come to a similar conclusion if I were to review a game based on MMOC posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I feel like this type of review is lost in a community full of WoW fans...

Also isn't this a self-promotion post... as the link here is to a video created by the OP with the exact same message?
    Now's a good time to make a review to answer the "should I play Legion now?" questions that pop up from time to time, be it here or elsewhere.
    And yeah, there's a non-embedded video link for people who'd rather watch and listen, but since the full text/tldr is here, I'm not forcing you to click or showing a flashy thumbnail to tempt you to.

10+ Year Old Account

Now's a good time to make a review to answer the "should I play Legion now?" questions that pop up from time to time, be it here or elsewhere.
    And yeah, there's a non-embedded video link for people who'd rather watch and listen, but since the full text/tldr is here, I'm not forcing you to click or showing a flashy thumbnail to tempt you to.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeW...AhPoYwA/videos

Its a shameful plug. But it sounds like you may have received moderation action before and have found an acceptable workaround. *dips hat*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeW...AhPoYwA/videos

Its a shameful plug. But it sounds like you may have received moderation action before and have found an acceptable workaround. *dips hat*
    Oh I did, haha! Of course if this is also a violation or is in bad taste of the current rule, I'll go back to popping direct embeds into that one video thread that hardly anyone looks at anyway =).

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    gaming in general is a waste of time.
    that's the entire point of gaming.
    It's not a waste of time if one is having fun. We all only live once, so might as well have fun with it.

Blizzard came back to state that despite their efforts, they couldn’t come up with an effective third spec, be it another melee, ranged or even healer, that fit the class’ theme and fantasy.
    This might step on the toes of the Warlock fantasy a bit, but what if they created a third buffing/healing ranged spec that would cast temporarily enhance allies using fel magics and their demonic soul. I mean demon hunters absorb the souls of demons to gain their power. There's a lot of demons out there that stay in the backlines and probably empower or heal their allies.

It's a huge stretch, but it's interesting to spitball a third spec for DH.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    I'm absolutely casual
    I'm at the point where I can raid mythic with the guild.
    It's one or the other but not both. Unless, of course, you're referring to older Mythic raids.

Everything is dying, doesn't mean it's not worth the time you spend on it. Be it on yourself, other people, hobbies etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Should you play Legion? - If you enjoy WoW lore and/or raiding, sure. If not play a more relevant solo RPG or MMO.
    Is Legion good? - Compared to WoD, yes.
    Is Legion dying? - No, it's in a content lapse, but 7.2 and 7.3 are coming.
    Legion is good compared to most expansions, AND better than most in terms of range of content available and pacing of content releases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    It's one or the other but not both. Unless, of course, you're referring to older Mythic raids.
    Not at all. I'm playing casually. Roughly 2-3 hours about 5 days a week with maybe 1 or 2 longer evening session if my wife and daughter are in bed and I'm not drooling over the keyboard. M+ gave me the gear necessary to raid NH. NH normal gave me the gear necessary to raid heroic and now I'm in a position where I was asked to join the mythic raiding team of the guild I'm in, only I can't join due to me being unable to dedicate a set amount of time to the game.
    I don't grind, I have 50 levels on my weapon and missed the whole ToV patch for family reasons, I do whatever the fuck I want when in game.

Wow has reached a sweet spot in casual raiding. Not fully casual, not lfr and not hardcore. A perfect way in between where knowing your class still makes the difference and gear is a consequence of what you do.

I'll ah, politely decline, lol. Like I said, the argument would be misleading due to a woeful lack of data.

I'm skeptical of your claims though; taking your word for it doesn't mean much when their page is pretty convincing:

"The ratios are color coded as follows. If the number you see is red, then there have been less than 50 data snapshots submitted for this server/faction in the last 30 days. This is BAD and we need more info on those realm/factions! If the number you see is in yellow, then there have been more than 50, but less than 100. This is better, but we really could use more data. If the number is green then there have been more than 100 snapshots submitted in the last 30 days. This is fairly acceptible to give reliable data!"

And it's well, pretty red.
    I'd appreciate it if you could at least point us in the right direction on how to identify this sufficient data. I'd like to see more than a few squiggly lines. If you want to just carry on about how smart you are while not giving information, there's no point feeding you any further.
    Look, you don't understand how to use numbers, it is evident from your posts including this one. Your request above basically requires me to educate you on stats. I have neither the time nor the desire to do this (nor the ability perhaps, because I am not a teacher, I work in a different area).

But I will help you try to understand where exactly you are wrong - again - this time.

The text from the site you are quoting talks about numbers from individual servers. It says that the author of the addon would like to have more than 50 data snapshots per server per month and if there's less, the author paints the numbers red indicating that there is less data that he would like to have. Why the author is aiming at 50 snapshots per server per month is clear from the stats that he shows for servers - he shows a distribution of characters by classes and races. The figure of 50 snapshots per month feels like made on the spot, but, fine, the intent is clear and the scale is OK.

But when we are looking at the activity graphs, the numbers from individual servers are taken together. The number of participating snapshots is a sum of those numbers for each server. The text you quoted does not apply to such use of data, it was written for a different use of data.

Hopefully, this makes it clearer. On that note, I am going to end it, because you are just one more guy on the internet who doesn't understand stats yet for some reason thinks that he can argue about it. Your stated position of "we don't have enough data" has no grounds, you just say it because you feel like it. Your reasoning that "the author himself says there is not enough data" is completely misguided, because you don't understand that those words refer to a different type of analysis.

My suggestion to you: either learn stats or stop pretending you can reason about it (because you can't and that you can't is only unclear to other folks who don't know it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Look, you don't understand how to use numbers, it is evident from your posts including this one. Your request above basically requires me to educate you on stats. I have neither the time nor the desire to do this (nor the ability perhaps, because I am not a teacher, I work in a different area).

But I will help you try to understand where exactly you are wrong - again - this time.

The text from the site you are quoting talks about numbers from individual servers. It says that the author of the addon would like to have more than 50 data snapshots per server per month and if there's less, the author paints the numbers red indicating that there is less data that he would like to have. Why the author is aiming at 50 snapshots per server per month is clear from the stats that he shows for servers - he shows a distribution of characters by classes and races. The figure of 50 snapshots per month feels like made on the spot, but, fine, the intent is clear and the scale is OK.

But when we are looking at the activity graphs, the numbers from individual servers are taken together. The number of participating snapshots is a sum of those numbers for each server. The text you quoted does not apply to such use of data, it was written for a different use of data.

Hopefully, this makes it clearer. On that note, I am going to end it, because you are just one more guy on the internet who doesn't understand stats yet for some reason thinks that he can argue about it. Your stated position of "we don't have enough data" has no grounds, you just say it because you feel like it. Your reasoning that "the author himself says there is not enough data" is completely misguided, because you don't understand that those words refer to a different type of analysis.

My suggestion to you: either learn stats or stop pretending you can reason about it (because you can't and that you can't is only unclear to other folks who don't know it).
    That did help, thanks =).
    As a counter suggestion though, you don't have to include the condescending speak so much. It'd save you some typing, that's for sure. I was wrong about not having sufficient data. I wasn't wrong about my being skeptical, and you helped resolve that.

^^ OK. I will try. Sorry.

Deleted
    If i knew what it would end up beeing, i would totally skip legion. That is because i value the gameplay fun more than anything. Draenor was my favorite expansion in that regard. The classes were alot of fun to play. It made me return to wow. There was a content draught and alot of stuff cut, wich sucked, but Warlords was the most fun i had playing wow alongside wrath.

Legion has alot of content, but the class changes and the legendary system greatly affected how enjoyable it is to play the classes and it simply isn't as good.

Of course, on top of it you have the AP grind, wich isn't exactly fun apart from the first few traits, when you get them at a good pace. Ultimately a completely unecessary system though.