Thread: Suramar in 7.2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    Is the artifact power cap somehow gated behind the suramar questline?So will I need to finish the suramar qline or reach exalted with the nightfallen before I farm ap say above the 37th trait?
    No.

We're talking about it, cuz it's a good source of AP for fresh alts.

I think that what they mean is the AP items obtained before doing the quest chain to unlock the 2nd trait tree / obtaining AK 26 will be unable to be used. If you haven't started the Suramar questline then you haven't gotten the tokens yet ie if you have the tokens in your bank or bags, then they wont be able to be used; so either use them to power up your weapons or vendor them before hand.

In other words, don't start the questline if you can help it since its most likely that 7.2 will be most likely going live around April the 4th; No I don't work for Blizzard, but since the background downloader has already happened and them coming out and saying that 7.2 wouldn't be going live for the next 2 weeks. If not this date, then it will probably coincide with the release of other MMO's expansions that are coming up (heard 2 are coming up but I cant recall which games they are for).

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    lol you realize that AP isn't retroactive and stays at the number you get when you looted it, right?
    you do realize i also said on a toon that has yet to do the Suramar quest chain? aka from start to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Banked? Tokens in your inventory won't be affected in any way.
    yes, as i stated.

from a fresh 110 who has not done any of the suramar quest chain.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I copied my fresh pala once again and tested another thingy. Actually it doesn't matter if a token was earned before or after empowerment, everything works just fine.

I'll copy my pala once again tomorrow to test one last thing, I'll copy her w/ few pre-7.2 tokens in her inventory, I wonder if I'm able to use them after artefact's empowerment o_O

- - - Updated - - -

@JemiS, @f4ncybear, k, tested everything I wanted, and here's how it works. After you empower your artefact in 7.2 and unlock new tier of traits, you'll no longer be able to use ANY tokens you earned at AK25 to upgrade empowered artefact. If a token was earned at AK26, it'd work just fine.

You get AK26 really fast, that's the first thing you'll do in 7.2, so you aren't going to waste anything.
    Awesome, thanks. That, coupled with Magicpot's AP gains (100,000% vs 25,000%) means I'll be hitting AK26 on my alts before doing the Suramar quest line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm pretty sure level 26 knowledge scales by a shitload more than 25. it takes normal like 40kish tokens and makes them 200k.

you'd be getting obscene amounts of ap if you saved suramar for this.
    Ak26 is 1000 increase factor, vs 250 at Ak25. So yeah 4x more AP 5 days into 7.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Awesome, thanks. That, coupled with Magicpot's AP gains (100,000% vs 25,000%) means I'll be hitting AK26 on my alts before doing the Suramar quest line.
    No point saving it, better do mythic plus, most dungeons will give you 2-5million AP per run. Making it far more efficient than Suramar questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Ak26 is 1000 increase factor, vs 250 at Ak25. So yeah 4x more AP 5 days into 7.2.
    actually, you get that level 26 book instantly.

level 27's only like 2 or 3 days to research, too. by that time, some of the tokens are 1mil a pop.

bad thing is though, once you get your 1.9mil trait, it spikes to 10mil for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No point saving it, better do mythic plus, most dungeons will give you 2-5million AP per run. Making it far more efficient than Suramar questing.
    For a main, sure. For alts that I just want to do the class mount/get pets on? Much easier to let them sit and then run Suramar to max the artifact.
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    you do realize i also said on a toon that has yet to do the Suramar quest chain? aka from start to finish.
    and no ranks in their weapons, with about 5m banked AP.
    either your english sucks or you're just bad at trying to get this specific point across, because this part says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    either your english sucks or you're just bad at trying to get this specific point across, because this part says otherwise.
    sadly, that 5mil is only gonna get him half way on the first new tier.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    actually, you get that level 26 book instantly.

level 27's only like 2 or 3 days to research, too. by that time, some of the tokens are 1mil a pop.

bad thing is though, once you get your 1.9mil trait, it spikes to 10mil for the next one.
    Well they designed it so that the next trait cost, scales at the exact same rate of Artifact knowledge.

Which comes down at Casual play, each trait from 37 to 61 almost takes the same time if you do 1 per AK level.

10 million with 100.000% increase (100 AP token becomes 100.000) is almost the same as 5.528.000.000 with a 55.200.000% (100 AP token becomes 55.200.000).

After 61 traits, a huge wall will be hit, unless by design they add even further AK levels. So I assume early Tomb isn't tuned higher then 61 traits

Anyway what it comes down to, if you did 1 trait every 5 days, it's the same amount of work every time you learn a new AK.

I can see this system actually continue for 7.3, increase AK levels linear to cost, so amount of time per trait is effectively the same at the "intended" pace, players that want more will obviously need a lot more time put in.

They effectively use AK levels as time-buffers for the normal playerbase.

Mark my words if they add AK60 to be around 762.280.000% , trait 71 costs 76.228.000.000 in a Future patch.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-17 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyone else find these numbers stupidly obscene? It's hilarious to go and pick up a treasure while leveling and alt and having it say "congrats! You got 25 artifact power!" Then you're like, sweet, how much do I need, and they're like, about eleventy billion.

It's such garbage.
    I don't understand what you're complaining about.

The system is set up to scale the rate of AP acquisition as a soft cap. Artifact knowledge is the scaling factor that removes the effective soft cap.

It's much better than a hard cap, since people who want to grind can get ahead, or no cap that lets people who grind a ton get too far ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It just makes the treadmill apparent: if you play twice as much as someone this month, congrats you're maybe three traits ahead. But if you don't KEEP playing twice as much, the gain will be trivialized within a few weeks as ak scales up.

They're trying to make it seem like AP matters but at the same time make it not matter too much, which means you have people pushing really hard for things his week that are ridiculously trivial next month, so if you actually play a lot in order to get ahead, you end up looking back next month and thinking "well that was dumb". And yet the whole point of it is to try to get you to play more. It's inherently contradictory.

And it's destroying competitive raiding.

I prefer no AP as the solution.
    It really shouldn't destroy competitive raiding. People need to learn discipline and prioritization. Once you've got your major traits done, there are a dozen other things you and your guild could be doing to benefit the guild, its members and its competitive edge instead of mindlessly grinding for that extra 0.05% increase that will come naturally via artifact knowledge increases.

Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    I'm currently leveling a druid alt and I'm thinking of leaving him aside and stacking artifact knolwedge to oblivion till 7.2.Is it possible to stack ak and then start doing suramar during 7.2,I mean will they nerf the ap gains?
    Yes, doing that on my Balance Druid Alt right now ... and I'm already at 34 on my weapon thanks to Surumar questline + AK.

Currently 4/11 in Surumar and AK 23 .... so yeah, Surumar is going to pile my weapon within 2-3 weeks

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.