Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Didn't DA:I lack quick saving? Like, you had to be a camp or some shit?
    Nope, DA:I has quick-saving. Every bioware game has had it since Neverwinter Nights. This is literally their first game without it, and I have no idea why they felt that'd be a good idea.

Like I said, I hope they reconsider. Lack of quick-saving is a feature that can easily be patched in. The game is still enjoyable without it, I've played plenty of great games that lacked quick-saving (For example: Every Metal Gear game ever made) but they're always lesser than the ones that do allow you to quick save.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    MMmmm, just goes to show how little I remember of DA:I. Oh well. It's odd. Not an impassable feature by any means, but certainly an odd choice.
    Probably to prevent savescumming, which you could do for pretty much everything in Dragon Age.

Any box, any area, any set of enemies. Just save your game, then open it, clear it, kill them, etc... Don't get what you want? Reload save and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I don't understand decisions like this. Why take away that freedom to save where you please? What benefit does NOT being able to save during a main quest mission provide? I'm not so stupid that I can't come back to a save without remembering what I was doing prior. I don't need a refresher on what I'm doing, and if I did, I'd load a previous save.

I can't just save, turn off my PC and run to the store? I have to restart the mission from the beginning or see it through to the next save point? Why? :/
    There are some reasons for that I can think of. First, it might be done, like in Doom, for balance reasons: the devs don't want you to save after killing every minor group of enemies and then relax, they want to keep you focused and stressed, to add a layer of challenge. Second, they might be using some very complicated scripts that, if saved mid-point and then loaded, can break (happens in Bethesda games sometimes).

Why they wouldn't include quick saves though, I have no idea... I've seen some games lacking that feature, sometimes added in later versions (I think Neverwinter Nights 2 was like this?), and I've never thought of a good explanation, other than plain dev laziness.

Didn't DA:I lack quick saving? Like, you had to be a camp or some shit?
    I think it was another game that lacked it upon release, but the feature was quickly added later on. Generally, in post-KotoR Bioware games you can save anywhere outside combat, with some rare exceptions (Therum elevator before the Krogan boss, anyone?).
    Last edited by May90; 2017-03-17 at 04:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Nope, DA:I has quick-saving. Every bioware game has had it since Neverwinter Nights. This is literally their first game without it, and I have no idea why they felt that'd be a good idea.
    I know why.

It rhymes with "Han Solo's Pheasants." Kappa
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I don't understand decisions like this. Why take away that freedom to save where you please? What benefit does NOT being able to save during a main quest mission provide? I'm not so stupid that I can't come back to a save without remembering what I was doing prior. I don't need a refresher on what I'm doing, and if I did, I'd load a previous save.

I can't just save, turn off my PC and run to the store? I have to restart the mission from the beginning or see it through to the next save point? Why? :/
    From what I heard, it auto-saves frequently during priority missions, so you don't need to do it all in one sitting. But yeah, not allowing manual saves during these missions is a dumb and indefensible decision. It brings nothing to the table.

EDIT: also pretty sure the game allows quicksaving. I haven't seen anything about that before it popped up in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I am out until I beat the game. People are not using spoiler tags. So see people when I am done.
    Don't look at me. Every single plot detail I've laid out has been thoroughly covered in spoiler tags.

Except for the part of Miranda being Ryder's father.

Its complicated.

that was a joke
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-17 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    From what I heard, it auto-saves frequently during priority missions, so you don't need to do it all in one sitting. But yeah, not allowing manual saves during these missions is a dumb and indefensible decision. It brings nothing to the table.
    So it's already saving! Wah! Why not just let me pick when?!

I need to go to bed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    The console has quick saves...
    http://i.imgur.com/bReJqFm.gif

Exqueeze me? CONSOLE gets quick save and PC doesn't? What parallel universe have I found my way into?
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-03-17 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Saving myself from another infraction
    [/url]

God the new biotic charge is the most satisfying thing ever. Pair it with the flame thrower and you murder anything that doesn't have a shield, even on insanity, they just all panic in the fire.

Side quests are pretty fun as well as deep.

One has you scaveng around Eos trying to gather data on a project, the other has you investigating a murder, forcing you to go deep into an insect hive to find evidence.

Kett do assimilate other species, i found the un Kettified version of the kett attack dog, it had biological cloaking as well
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-17 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Don't look at me. Every single plot detail I've laid out has been thoroughly covered in spoiler tags.

Except for the part of Miranda being Ryder's father.

Its complicated.

that was a joke
    This is the only spoiler from you I opened, and it contained the exact phrase I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Glad to see the trademark Bioware humor still present in this game. Check out this really funny email you can read on the tempest. Its about Jaal trying to teach his language to the rest of the crew.

[Jaal]Gosan, v. To cling or to grasp. Say "go-san."
    See also: gosan yav daar, adj. Being Stubborn, lit. "clinging to a rock."
    See also: gosavar, n. The Resistance.
    [Comments]
    [Peebee]So the Resistance means "stubborn, pig-headed people"?
    [Jaal]That would be "gosavara."........ but yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This is the only spoiler from you I opened, and it contained the exact phrase I expected.
    I aim to please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post

Kett do assimilate other species, i found the un Kettified version of the ket atttack dog, it ha biological cloaking as well
    Shit........ that has some pretty damned ugly implications man.

Imagine a "Kettified" version of a Krogan........ now that's the shit that ought to give nightmares to most people.

Is this the part where I scream "CONSOLE PORT" at the top of my lungs?

Please keep the meme images out of the thread. Infracted. -Edge
    That infraction was undeserved. Only memes can express the "WTF!?"s neccessary here. And frankly even they barely can.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when the dialogue system is the castrated emotion A, B, and C rubbish and you end up saying something terrible you had no proper way knowing before. Half the fun of bioware games is fine tuning the conversations by reloading to get the result you wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That infraction was undeserved. Only memes can express the "WTF!?"s neccessary here. And frankly even they barely can.
    I know the rules and I did what made me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Cage
    JUST LET ME LIVE.
    [/url]

I know the rules and I did what made me happy.
    You are a hero of the people .

Let me tell yall tho, don't play on NG+ at least if you care about story immersion. On one mission Alec is a full bad ass using all 4 profiles, leaving you and you're squad in the dust, your supposed to feel pathetic beside him, coming in with maxed powers would ruin the feeling.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-17 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me tell yall tho, don't play on NG+ at least if you care about story immersion. On one mission Alec is a full bad ass using all 4 profiles, leaving you and you're squad in the dust, your supposed to feel pathetic beside him, coming in with maxed powers would ruin the feeling.
    Imagine NG++, or +++.

I think that lead dev tweeted a few days back about how you can do multiple new games+.

I wonder if it scales up each time and what the upper limit is?

are there any Me3 to MEA appearance convertors in the works? For when we can go all out with customization that is.

- - - Updated - - -

The most important decision in the game is visiting the good luck rock.

or i dont know <w>
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-17 at 05:55 AM.

Yet who ends up dying and ends up living?

I bet the twist is your father fakes his own death.

oh btw, the lightning strikes in the first mission do hurt you if they occur near or on you. Who'dathunkit.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Yet who ends up dying and ends up living?

I bet the twist is your father fakes his own death.
    I mean i can tell you what happens

When the intro mission starts kidRyder's shuttle is blown in half by lighting and their helmet visor is cracked is, the air is posinous but thankfully kidryder can mend the crack with an omnitool. Fast forward to the end of the mission Dad and kid ryder are blown off a remnant tower, This time Kidryder's visor pretty much completely shatters, However dadryder's helmet is fine, Likely because dadryders armor is better than kidryder's, and or becasue kidryders helmet was weakened from the earlier mending. So dadryder performs the ultimate fatherly duty, takes off his helmet and puts it on his child's head giving his life for his kid, and at the same time transfers Sam to kidryder, effectively making kidryder pathfinder.

I wasn't told what happens to dadryders body, it could have been left on planet, the area was swarming with kett and they already had to pack two shuttle crews into one shuttle so they may have had to leave him. The kett could very well recover his body and kettify him but i don't see how he could have faked his own death. Kid ryder technically died in the few seconds of breathing the planet air while dadryder was transferring his helmet theirs no way he survived.

Corra gets pissed at this whole situation, she was the 2nd in command, has 10 years of experence on kidryder, was dadryder's protegee, and she is a powerful biotic to boot, probably around jack's level, she ripped an armored personal carrier in half, that's why the Alliance sent her to the Asari so she could learn to control her massive power, her biotics flair up and she gives a footlocker a biotic kick.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-17 at 07:40 AM.

My only big gripe with the game so far is the lack of saving....

After playing an additional ~15min hoping to find a spot I could save I just gave up and logged out. Tonight I'll find out if the checkpoints are any good.
    Last edited by Yoica; 2017-03-17 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typos