Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Well I mean, what did you expect from a Republican healthcare plan like Romneycare?

Also, maybe you should live in a better state.
    these were all thanks to obamacare. not romneycare. but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    funny cuz i'm pretty sure that they killed hundreds of our people on 9/11, and lets not forget the orlando night club, the attack in california, the osu event recently. and lets look at what has happened in other countries that have recently went wide open on accepting people who follow the beliefs of islam. should we take, for example, Germany and Sweden for good examples? they took them in, then they have to ignore the crimes they commit because Islamic, then they have to change laws to accommodate them. sorry. but no.
    And all of those deaths added together are a rounding error in the murder statistics. It's a practically inconsequential number of deaths when you look at what actually kills people. Lightning has killed more Americans than terrorism over the last decade.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Where's the Republican alternative, then?
    well maybe we would know, if cities like flint, detroit, or chicago actually elected republicans for once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Hey look it's another one of those people that makes up a personal horror story about Obamacare.
    its not just a personal horror story. its happening nationwide. the evidence is literally everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    funny cuz i'm pretty sure that they killed hundreds of our people on 9/11, and lets not forget the orlando night club, the attack in california, the osu event recently. and lets look at what has happened in other countries that have recently went wide open on accepting people who follow the beliefs of islam. should we take, for example, Germany and Sweden for good examples? they took them in, then they have to ignore the crimes they commit because Islamic, then they have to change laws to accommodate them. sorry. but no.
    Do you understand the definition of the word 'existential'?

9/11, Orlando, etc. were tragic events, but issues of national security? Not in the slightest. They just happened to be sufficiently spectacular to capture the interest of political discussion when in reality there are far more dire threats to the US' national health than a few brown people with box cutters.

Germany and Sweden are doing fine. Better than the US in a lot of ways.

- - - Updated - - -

well maybe we would know, if cities like flint, detroit, or chicago actually elected republicans for once.
    Not how it works. What policies are they offering that are different?

Clearly, what they're offering is even worse or else they would get elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

- - - Updated - - -

and yet i see nothing denying the statements presented.
    You have Pinterest, we have Harvard.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...uns-and-death/
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    these were all thanks to obamacare. not romneycare. but thanks for trying.
    Romneycare and Obamacare are pretty much indistinguishable at their base level.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

When exactly do you expect the deficit to decrease?

- - - Updated - - -

Violent crime is less likely to escalate to homicide when guns are not as widely available.

To say nothing of the fact that mass shootings at say, schools, or abortion clinics don't tend to be a common thing outside the US.
    and violent crime is worse in a lot of places that outright ban guns. just saying.

The programs that are being cut amount to a fraction of the US budget and won't make a lick of difference. Especially if taxes are being cut and defense and infrastructural spending are going through the roof.

- - - Updated - - -

Last I recall a Senate committee can't unilaterally appropriate funds for a given program.
    It'll make a big difference in the end. We need defense spending to maintain what we have. If we listen to the hippies and crawl back into our safe space then we lose out huge. Infrastructure spending won't be that bad. The changes proposed bring costs down quite a bit. I don't think MSM has really talked about any of those changes in depth because they make more money whining about what trump tweeted than anything with substance. Plus it's easier to bitch about the president current or past.

The homicide rate in the U.K. Is a fraction of what it is in the US.
    there is more to violent crime then homicide. just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

its not just a personal horror story. its happening nationwide. the evidence is literally everywhere.
    No it really isn't. Premium growth slowed down compared to before Obamacare, and 20M more people have coverage. Those are facts.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    yes because the very democratic obamacare has done so well for itself hasn't it? oh wait. except you know, the fact that you can keep your doctors was proven false, your rates not going up was again false, and the better coverage then ever was false.
    Yes, and I pointed this out at the time because free market based healthcare initiatives don't fundamentally work.

the fact is that democrats take away freedoms. they make you ENTIRELY RELIANT on the government. if it was there choice i'd be dependent on them for healthcare, for self defense, for everything. and frankly i'd rather be MORE self sufficient.
    Freedom is useless if you're barely scraping by an existence in poverty and debt.

there is more to violent crime then homicide. just sayin.
    Predatory violent crime is lower in the U.K. Too.
    -ynnady

You have Pinterest, we have Harvard.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...uns-and-death/
    how about looking at more then just homicides. how about violent crime in general?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It'll make a big difference in the end. We need defense spending to maintain what we have. If we listen to the hippies and crawl back into our safe space then we lose out huge. Infrastructure spending won't be that bad. The changes proposed bring costs down quite a bit. I don't think MSM has really talked about any of those changes in depth because they make more money whining about what trump tweeted than anything with substance. Plus it's easier to bitch about the president current or past.
    The proposed changes are in the realm of tacking on another four trillion dollars to the deficit; that's just what it costs to get US infrastructure in good shape, let alone improving it.

Things like PBS, NEA, the EPA are not the big money suckers when it comes to government expenditure - cutting them will do fuck all, especially since the Republicans are almost certainly going to cut taxes across the board.

Romneycare and Obamacare are pretty much indistinguishable at their base level.
    and i never said i support either. as a matter of a fact, i don't like either. i'd like something more like sweden or denmark has - tax us more but provide us universal health care. but don't make me buy a 3rd party health care, then make my rates go up, and fine me when i can't afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about looking at more then just homicides. how about violent crime in general?
    Really isn't related to the gun argument, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

and i never said i support either. as a matter of a fact, i don't like either. i'd like something more like sweden or denmark has - tax us more but provide us universal health care. but don't make me buy a 3rd party health care, then make my rates go up, and fine me when i can't afford it.
    Good luck getting that under the Republicans.

No it really isn't. Premium growth slowed down compared to before Obamacare, and 20M more people have coverage. Those are facts.
    so growth was so large that people would have literally seen there rates go up 100% in a few years in certain areas? i doubt that

Replacing homocides woth violent crimes where people survive would be great. You might want to think that dumb talking point through.
    -ynnady

Yes, and I pointed this out at the time because free market based healthcare initiatives don't fundamentally work.

Freedom is useless if you're barely scraping by an existence in poverty and debt.
    and that was the problem iwth obamacare - if the democrats relaly wanted to help people, maybe they should have gone with something like what denmark has. instead of fucking the middle class to help the poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    so growth was so large that people would have literally seen there rates go up 100% in a few years in certain areas? i doubt that
    Those 'certain areas' being the shit states that chose not to undertake things like the Medicaid expansion?

That's on them and the governments they elected, friendo.