LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

T19 2pc + T20 4pc? WTF?

More RNG grinding confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you need a Ring of Royal Grandeur to only equip 3 each

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    How would that be different from the normal grinding you would do for gear? If anything, it lessens it slightly, because you probably already have T19.

Besides that, you're making this post with zero knowledge of ToS itemization and gear levels. T19 could be a massive loss even with the 2-pc bonus. Or it could be amazing, and you're back in Sunwell rolling 2-pc T4 with 4-pc T6. Either way.... it's not a big deal.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I love the idea , but they're gonna be carefull with balance.

Deleted
    This is not news. They confirmed it weeks/months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    I love the idea , but they're gonna be carefull with balance.
    The additional information from Q&A is that if T19 2pcs remain too powerful, as in, you 100% don't care about ilvl gain, they'll nerf the set.

My biggest concern is then having to continue to farm M NH for higher titanforged 2p while also doing M TOS for its 4p. Mergh. Luckily, I think BM hunters won't have to do this due to our legendary shoulders preventing use of 2p and a 4p.

Many classes have issue with having bis legendary in one of tier slots. So that can be softcap for combining tier sets.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

This won't even be an issue for most people because you'd have to choose between optimal legendary items and your 2 piece. The legendaries will win that battle almost every time.

Thank god second piece set bonus is shite

Deleted
    tbh most classes 4pc seems useless (Affliction warlocks never do whole Drain soul ever unless they let every single dot drop which is absurd)

So its going to be 2pc (UA dmg is already huge compared to any other spell, 10% increase to that is good)
    And 2pc for next tier.

Then legos for 2 other slots if any.

Nothing changes from past xpacks. Its always been possible every tier (expect that one where there was 6 set bonuses but shh..)
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2017-03-16 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    This won't even be an issue for most people because you'd have to choose between optimal legendary items and your 2 piece. The legendaries will win that battle almost every time.
    pretty sure for a lot of classes a less optimal dps legendary+2pc is better than just a bis legendary

for rogues bracers+boots+2pc+4c is definitely better than 4pc+shoulders+boots

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    pretty sure for a lot of classes a less optimal dps legendary+2pc is better than just a bis legendary

for rogues bracers+boots+2pc+4c is definitely better than 4pc+shoulders+boots
    Its really just going to come down to class. For some classes it will be a viable gearing strat, for others the throughput of the legendary out does the 2pc plus sub-optimal legendary. Just depends on how strong your 2pc is and how strong the leggo is. Some classes have extremely underwhelming 2pc.

EDIT: Example, Ele shaman have a meh 2pc. Depending on your build, you don't even cast Lightning bolt very often. 10% crit on a spell that isn't cast a ton in the first place isn't worth losing the legendary helm if you have it.
    Last edited by PraisCthulhu; 2017-03-16 at 08:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you're realizing this 6 months after most of us is amusing
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Watch out, pretty soon he'll confirm that AP is changing in 7.2.

Well considering that most people probably have a full set by the time ToS comes out I really don't get the outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Many classes have issue with having bis legendary in one of tier slots. So that can be softcap for combining tier sets.
    Which is why I'm swapping to my Ret Paladin, as BIS is ring+belt, instead of my warrior, who doesn't even have a second throughput legendary to choose from as only helm/cloak and ring increase ST DPS.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Mage can use any combo of wrists, ring and belt with 2 different tiers. Same for DH (ring and belt combo)
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    tbh most classes 4pc seems useless (Affliction warlocks never do whole Drain soul ever unless they let every single dot drop which is absurd)

So its going to be 2pc (UA dmg is already huge compared to any other spell, 10% increase to that is good)
    And 2pc for next tier.

Then legos for 2 other slots if any.

Nothing changes from past xpacks. Its always been possible every tier (expect that one where there was 6 set bonuses but shh..)
    You never cast a full drainsoul as affliction? Are you serious with this kinda statement?

Or join a guild instead of LFR/pugging? Tokens >>>>>>> Personal Loot for tier.

I know Legion is RNG-heavy but this is one thing you're bitching about RNG where it doesn't exist.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Or join a guild instead of LFR/pugging? Tokens >>>>>>> Personal Loot for tier.

I know Legion is RNG-heavy but this is one thing you're bitching about RNG where it doesn't exist.
    You'd think anyone could see that the rng is in getting tf'ed tier pieces, not the actual tokens themselves. I guess not everyone can see that though. lul