10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Dunbar to the Rams.

While we really didnt need him, its sad seeing a local guy go away. He graduated from UNT, which is 45 min away
    Yeah, and he never seemed to complain about being like, fourth on the depth chart. In any case, McFadden also got a one-year deal to stay on, so we still have our one-two-three combo for now.

Lotta people are saying Dallas should cut Morris, but I'm against that. Would rather have that third back in there, just in case. Especially on a run-heavy offense.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-03-16 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Seems like we have agreed to deal with Brandon Carr

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...64254238330880
    hate you, haaaate you <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders getting Jared Cook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Raiders getting Jared Cook.
    Early reports suggest a one year deal, Derek Carr was heavily involved in recruitment.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many 1 year deals...

What the hell is up with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, seems the Saints and Malcolm Butler are trying hard to create the deal that will get Butler in NO. Should be interesting the next few days. (and it's already been such a ridiculously interesting free agency for the Patriots)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cook's come off a couple of underwhelming seasons, Reggie is good at giving one year prove it deals. Worked wonders for Crabtree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills got Steven Hauschka for three years, almost nine million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Cook's come off a couple of underwhelming seasons, Reggie is good at giving one year prove it deals. Worked wonders for Crabtree.
    Yeah people only really saw that one catch in the playoffs it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bills got Steven Hauschka for three years, almost nine million.
    LOL have fun with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Cook is a good fit there, Rams also sign Connor Barwin.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Seems Dontari Poe has signed with the Falcons.

Seems like a good pickup for a team that definitely needs some help on the defense. A lot of games were closer then they should have been for a team putting up 35+.

I dont really get the signings of Murray or Lacy. In Seattle it seemed like their RBs were fine, just a terrible line. Vikings didn't have much run game but they also have a terrible line. Making a FA splash without the support needed doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

On the flip side the Lions seem to be spending like they have a running back lined up but seemingly passed on the FA options. I am guessing they trade up in the draft, although with 4 solid RBs they might not need to move up.
    I'm hoping the Bengals sign Joe Mixon in the third.

No need to spend a 1st on Fortunette or Cook when you need pass rushers or Rueben Foster alongside Burfict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I'm hoping the Bengals sign Joe Mixon in the third.

No need to spend a 1st on Fortunette or Cook when you need pass rushers or Rueben Foster alongside Burfict.
    Going to be one of the great Draft questions this year: Where will Joe Mixon go?

If teams were serious about violence against women, he'd not get drafted at all. It's probably still too much of a PR nightmare to draft him in the first round. He's definitely getting drafted though.

I'm going to bet he goes early second round. First half. I'm a cynic like that. Teams won't be able to pass up his ability and early second round would take the worst of the heat off his signing. He won't be the star of that team's draft class then (provided they have a first rounder). That's just enough to smooth things over and get amazing talent.

Consider me impressed with the NFL's desire to not have a PR nightmare if he goes on day 3 of the Draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mixon is at least someone who was punished for what he did. Rapists get drafted #1 overall, so I don't feel the need to pile on Mixon for his fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders sign EJ Manuel to a one year deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what the hell us up with Blount? Seems like it's been a ghost town for interest in him

Edit: I guess he is 30, but still looked super solid the last 3/4 of the season

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Mixon is at least someone who was punished for what he did. Rapists get drafted #1 overall, so I don't feel the need to pile on Mixon for his fuck up.
    True. They said at Combine coverage that there's players there that did pretty much the same thing as Mixon, except they weren't brought to court and there's no video evidence of them around. And they got to be there and they'll get drafted with very little questions asked.

But, fact is, Mixon was exposed to all that and is very much a story that will get the team that selects him some negative publicity. With nothing like this happening, it's very much in play he would have been the first RB selected. Dalvin Cook kind of disappointed at the Combine and Fournette is a specific type of runner and not an every team runner. Mixon tested physically off the charts.

It's going to be interesting to see just how much the bad press reduces his draft position. Like I said, I'm a cynic, I still think he goes early.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    So what the hell us up with Blount? Seems like it's been a ghost town for interest in him
    Over 30, not been as successful outside of NE as he was in NE. He'll get a good contract outside of NE if he wants it, probably another 1 year deal with options. But I think he'll probably return to NE on a similar contract as he had, with slightly more baseline and slightly better incentives.

IF he returns though, he's probably no. 1 on my list of current Patriots that doesn't make it out of training camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    True. They said at Combine coverage that there's players there that did pretty much the same thing as Mixon, except they weren't brought to court and there's no video evidence of them around. And they got to be there and they'll get drafted with very little questions asked.

But, fact is, Mixon was exposed to all that and is very much a story that will get the team that selects him some negative publicity. With nothing like this happening, it's very much in play he would have been the first RB selected. Dalvin Cook kind of disappointed at the Combine and Fournette is a specific type of runner and not an every team runner. Mixon tested physically off the charts.

It's going to be interesting to see just how much the bad press reduces his draft position. Like I said, I'm a cynic, I still think he goes early.

- - - Updated - - -

Over 30, not been as successful outside of NE as he was in NE. He'll get a good contract outside of NE if he wants it, probably another 1 year deal with options. But I think he'll probably return to NE on a similar contract as he had, with slightly more baseline and slightly better incentives.

IF he returns though, he's probably no. 1 on my list of current Patriots that doesn't make it out of training camp.
    On my phone so I can't easily pare your message down, but yeah I forgot he was that oldnuntil after I posted.
    Totally agree with you though about training camp though, with Bolden finally gone (didn't like him either), white and Lewis healthy, and Burkhead seemingly poised to take the big down back, Blount just doesn't have much room left, regardless of his age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    On my phone so I can't easily pare your message down, but yeah I forgot he was that oldnuntil after I posted.
    Totally agree with you though about training camp though, with Bolden finally gone (didn't like him either), white and Lewis healthy, and Burkhead seemingly poised to take the big down back, Blount just doesn't have much room left, regardless of his age.
    The Burkhead signing is actually a bit odd. For the past, god knows how many years, maybe as long as he;s been in NE, Belichick has made a fairly distinct seperation between the early down back and the 3rd down/receiving back. Dion Lewis was the first to accidentily break that trend, by being good in both roles, and Burkhead has that same potential. He's not completely that 230 pound RB that pounds it on first or second down or short yardage (he's only 210 pounds) and he's too good of an actual runner on early downs to be the 3rd down back role (even though he catches the ball well).

They have a lot of directions they can go in, but it seems fairly obvious with Dion Lewis, Superbowl Hero James White and Burkhead on the roster and with some kind of previous success or a clear investment that there's basically only 1 open roster spot on the final 53 man for a RB. So, I'm not sure what the Patriots plan is. Will they bring in another RB for that big back role? Will they rely on DJ Foster who's more of a 3rd down back for the 4th RB spot or Gaffney who is mroe of an early down back? Will they bring in another RB to play special teams now that Bolden is a free agent? Will they bring in a vet or draft someone or rely on rookie free agents? It could even be that the Patriots are actually done at the position and will not look to add anyone further unless injuries happen.

RB is not a position that I'm worried about on the roster, but it will be interesting from a roster building perspective what they do. If they bring in no other big backs, then clearly they rely on Burkhead to be that guy. That puts a lot of weight on his shoulders, cause Blount produced in that role when the Patriots needed him. There's always a question if a new player on the team could handle such a thing. And if he doesn't handle it well, it makes the team very quickly be one dimensional, something that absolutely killed them in 2015.

Dion Lewis is interesting to watch too this season. He was stellar in 2015 before getting hurt, but he was pretty much a non-factor in 2016, even after coming back from injury. Maybe his roster spot isn't as secure as I think it is and maybe it's not Blount who is the odd man out, but Lewis. That would certainly make the Burkhead signing more logical, cause he's more of of a dual threat like Dion Lewis then a typical early down short yardage pounder like Blount.

Either way, going to be interesting what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

I favor the guy who got all the bad press, national attention, and judgement from strangers. He's had to suffer the consequences of his actions, whilst other similar offenders got away with it and probably didn't learn anything from the experience. I hope that Mixon has grown from it and his draft status reflects it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I favor the guy who got all the bad press, national attention, and judgement from strangers. He's had to suffer the consequences of his actions, whilst other similar offenders got away with it and probably didn't learn anything from the experience. I hope that Mixon has grown from it and his draft status reflects it.
    Well, we don't know how he was in interviews with teams, but the fact that there's been no news about it in a negative way, even though his pro day has already been, tells me he probably did alright when teams questioned him about everything.

So, I agree, I'd prefer Mixon over any of these other guys that did similar things but got off. Even more so I'd prefer guys that hadn't gotten in trouble at all though.

In other news (and since we were talking about Blount earlier) Blount got himself a new grill. Never really understood this trend, so to me this is just hilarious: https://twitter.com/LG_Blount/status/842532874645622784