10+ Year Old Account
    Dontari Poe signing with the Falcons! Hellz yea I'm excite!

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, we don't know how he was in interviews with teams, but the fact that there's been no news about it in a negative way, even though his pro day has already been, tells me he probably did alright when teams questioned him about everything.

So, I agree, I'd prefer Mixon over any of these other guys that did similar things but got off. Even more so I'd prefer guys that hadn't gotten in trouble at all though.
    The thing with Joe Mixon is he wasn't the one that initiated the physical part. If he punched without her pushing first, it would be different. No idea if he has had any other issues since then, if not it shouldn't be an issue.

Raiders sign TE Jared Cook to a 2 year deal. Rams sign Connor Barwin for 1 year. Cowboys resign Darren McFadden.

I think the Cook signing is a nice addition, dunno who their TE was but with Carr being the real deal I am looking forward to how that pans out. The McFadden signing is interesting considering how little carries RBs out of Zeke got last year. He was over 3/4th of the carries of that team so I cant imagine they resign Morris as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Dontari Poe signing with the Falcons! Hellz yea I'm excite!
    Gratz, Princess Daisy.

Should beef up your run defense. Between Grady Jarrett and Poe in the middle and Vic Beasley on the outside and maybe some kind of veteran or drafted rookie on the opposite side, you should have a pretty damn solid D-line.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been sat on this one since yesterday waiting for better sources. But if Schefter can stick his neck out then so can I.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...12459379204096

Oakland in talks with bringing Lynch out of retirement.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle resigned Luke Wilson and DeShawn Shead. Both 1 year contracts. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...deshawn-shead/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So I've been sat on this one since yesterday waiting for better sources. But if Schefter can stick his neck out then so can I.

Its a matter of him wanting to play + being in football shape. He hasn't handed in the retirement paperwork, and I'll assume the Seahawks contacted him at some point or another to bring him back last year after all the injuries.

I say not gonna happen.

Giants signed both Josh Johnson and Geno Smith. I know Eli doesn't miss starts, but that is a horrible back-up QB situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    WR Andre Holmes signing with the Bills, 3 year deal (how novel!) worth 6,5 M.

- - - Updated - - -

So little football news today. We're only about 10 days into Free Agency.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's just one bit of news I'm waiting on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

He's just going there so he won't be raided.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There's just one bit of news I'm waiting on.
    It would be pretty hilarious if Butler was traded for the exact same pick exchange as that went to the Saints for Cooks and both teams end up at zero again, just with players exchanged.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bengals finally figured out that Signing LBs 30+ years old isn't the best option. Signed Arizona LB Kevin Minter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Bengals finally figured out that Signing LBs 30+ years old isn't the best option. Signed Arizona LB Kevin Minter.
    So basically the cardinals defense is now honey badger, PP, and Buchanan?

hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Chandler Jones got the big contract, some other interesting veteran signings in Dunlap & Jarvis Jones, could lead to nothing or be very helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, 34 pages? I just noticed this thread got made. Damn I suck at keeping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Holy shit, 34 pages? I just noticed this thread got made. Damn I suck at keeping up.
    It's okay, the really REALLY good parts aren't till September anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of rumors going around about beast mode. Just a friendly reminder that hes unpredictable AF, plus the fact that there is some uncertainty where the Raiders are playing makes it a weird situation. I dunno if I see Marshawn playing for his home team that relocates away from his home. Plus if he does want to get released or traded, the Seahawks can go after his 2.5m signing bonus. With the fact that the Seahawks were still looking for a veteran back even after signing Lacy, it makes me wonder if the Seahawks are really using the 2.5m to hold him hostage. More than likely the reason why we haven't heard anything yet. Once the reinstatement paperwork is filed (I was wrong, he actually submitted it last season) that news gets out quick.

The Raiders have cap space, they likely don't want to give Lynch his 9m remaining on his active roster contract if traded because of the looming Carr, Cooper, and Mack contracts. Which will all be respectively big contracts. The Seahawks could afford it, but would likely have to move a player who I'd point to Jeremy Lane. After the rumors of Sherman being tradable were fabricated, it likely sparked some questions from teams regardless of legitimacy. Seahawks could really be looking to move Lane after a down year after getting paid.

Lots of things to consider. Part of me thinks with all the "politics" involved that Lynch would just says fuck it and stay retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Lots of rumors going around about beast mode. Just a friendly reminder that hes unpredictable AF, plus the fact that there is some uncertainty where the Raiders are playing makes it a weird situation. I dunno if I see Marshawn playing for his home team that relocates away from his home. Plus if he does want to get released or traded, the Seahawks can go after his 2.5m signing bonus. With the fact that the Seahawks were still looking for a veteran back even after signing Lacy, it makes me wonder if the Seahawks are really using the 2.5m to hold him hostage. More than likely the reason why we haven't heard anything yet. Once the reinstatement paperwork is filed (I was wrong, he actually submitted it last season) that news gets out quick.

The Raiders have cap space, they likely don't want to give Lynch his 9m remaining on his active roster contract if traded because of the looming Carr, Cooper, and Mack contracts. Which will all be respectively big contracts. The Seahawks could afford it, but would likely have to move a player who I'd point to Jeremy Lane. After the rumors of Sherman being tradable were fabricated, it likely sparked some questions from teams regardless of legitimacy. Seahawks could really be looking to move Lane after a down year after getting paid.

Lots of things to consider. Part of me thinks with all the "politics" involved that Lynch would just says fuck it and stay retired.
    That last bit is probably very true. Lynch might like the idea of playing, but when he then has to consider all the hoops he;d have to jump through to get there, it's probably just easier to stay retired and just cheer for the Raiders if that's what he wants to do.

That's actually pretty interesting question. These guys all grow up football fans. They all must have a team they supported when growing up. Then they get to the pros and play for their own teams. Then they retire.

You would assume most players will cheer for the teams they played for and especially the teams where they had most success. I can imagine to a guy like Lynch it's more the players he played with and not the logo on his jersey that he played for. So for a guy like Lynch, who's always been mostly on Team Lynch, is it that crazy to think he'd consider just cheering for the team he loves, instead of a team he was part of for a few years?

And that goes for any other guys like him too. I doubt Terrell Owens really cheers for any team except the team he likes either. There's probably more guys that have been well traveled for whom it would be easy to just cheer for who they enjoy then necessarily for any particular team they played for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That last bit is probably very true. Lynch might like the idea of playing, but when he then has to consider all the hoops he;d have to jump through to get there, it's probably just easier to stay retired and just cheer for the Raiders if that's what he wants to do.

That's actually pretty interesting question. These guys all grow up football fans. They all must have a team they supported when growing up. Then they get to the pros and play for their own teams. Then they retire.

You would assume most players will cheer for the teams they played for and especially the teams where they had most success. I can imagine to a guy like Lynch it's more the players he played with and not the logo on his jersey that he played for. So for a guy like Lynch, who's always been mostly on Team Lynch, is it that crazy to think he'd consider just cheering for the team he loves, instead of a team he was part of for a few years?

And that goes for any other guys like him too. I doubt Terrell Owens really cheers for any team except the team he likes either. There's probably more guys that have been well traveled for whom it would be easy to just cheer for who they enjoy then necessarily for any particular team they played for.
    Thats why its an interesting situation. He likes the Seahawks, but Oakland is his home. If Oakland relocates I don't see any reason for him to play for them. Things could get ugly for the Seahawks if they hold him hostage though, and I'd rather not piss him off.