Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Oh, I see, it takes the greatness of a superior non-European mind Seriously you do realize they justify their attacks by saying God is on their side, saying God obviously isn't, is borrowing their own vocabulary in order to justify your own attacks. It doesn't work that way. Even better this kind of Bush era level of justification of "precision attacks" is in the end nothing more than fuelling their engine of hatred which in return will see this as a proof that "God is on their side" since he obviously wants more people to join their cause and no better people than those who lost someone close to them.
    No, I'm saying Ahmed is an al Qeada leader who everyone considers a righteous man. One day out of the blue, literally, he is slain by a drone strike. People will think, surely if Ahmed was a righteous man, he would've been protected?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No, I'm saying Ahmed is an al Qeada leader who everyone considers a righteous man. One day out of the blue, literally, he is slain by a drone strike. People will think, surely if Ahmed was a righteous man, he would've been protected?
    I am afraid if that were true all Islamist terrorism would have ceased by now. You will never throw that magic missile that will end it and no acknowledgement of creating hydras will help. These people, if you haven't noticed, do not believe God will literally shield them from harm. In fact they highly believe in martyrdom. However they do believe in that God guides them in their doing and blesses them and their actions. They dream of the final battle where it is us vs. them. For that they need a lot people turning over to their side, either by force, by recruitment or volunteering. Actions like these create a lot of volunteers.

I also happen to believe that it is unlikely that ISIS supporters were among the crowd. ISIS doesn't seem to like mosques.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I am afraid if that were true all Islamist terrorism would have ceased by now. You will never throw that magic missile that will end it and no acknowledgement of creating hydras will help. These people, if you haven't noticed, do not believe God will literally shield them from harm. In fact they highly believe in martyrdom. However they do believe in that God guides them in their doing and blesses them and their actions. They dream of the final battle where it is us vs. them. For that they need a lot people turning over to their side, either by force, by recruitment or volunteering. Actions like these create a lot of volunteers.

I also happen to believe that it is unlikely that ISIS supporters were among the crowd. ISIS doesn't seem to like mosques.
    So you're on the side of letting them kill us and doing nothing about it? The biggest recruitment tool they have was their victory in killing 3,000 Americans.

All of these terrorist attacks in Europe lately, they'll see God's hand in those victories.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're on the side of letting them kill us and doing nothing about it? The biggest recruitment tool they have was their victory in killing 3,000 Americans.

All of these terrorist attacks in Europe lately, they'll see God's hand in those victories.
    No, I am saying by justifying these kinds of attacks you are on their side of killing us. You just haven't realized it yet. It's also a good thing that you mention Sep 11. As horrifying as it was the wars in the aftermath in order to defeat terrorism haven't reduced terrorism by one bit and it has actually multiplied terrorist potential and added a lot more volatility across the Middle East. When Obama took out Osama that was one action I could get behind because that's as close to precision you can get.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

No, I am saying by justifying these kinds of attacks you are on their side of killing us. You just haven't realized it yet. It's also a good thing that you mention Sep 11. As horrifying as it was the wars in the aftermath in order to defeat terrorism haven't reduced terrorism by one bit and it has actually multiplied terrorist potential and added a lot more volatility across the Middle East. When Obama took out Osama that was one action I could get behind because that's as close to precision you can get.
    We are fighting an idea, you don't seem to understand that. How do fight an idea? You also don't have a good grasp of the religious mind.

Let's just reduce it down to that radicalized fellow who attacked all those civilians in Germany with an ax the other day, what he did is good for recruitment.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-03-17 at 08:50 AM.

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    It's probably a troll, but there's a large swath of western society thinks people overseas (and sometimes not even then) with brown skin are automatically the enemy and thus their lives are basically valueless.
    Us millitary clasdifies children 14+ as enemy combatants

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Obama was often hesitant when it came to bombing targets where there was the possibility of high collateral damage. This kind of weakness is gone now.
    What is wrong with you?

15+ Year Old Account
    We are fighting an idea, you don't seem to understand that. How do fight an idea?
    You fight ideas by convincing the moderates, the inconclusive ones and the disenchanted by proving that your ideas a lot better and helpful to them than joining groups that follow ideas opposing yours.

You also don't have a good grasp of the religious mind.
    Actually I do. I am coming from a very religious household. I've also educated myself quite thoroughly on the aspect of different religions. Your mistake is to see Islam from a Christian perspective. That's not how things work, and never did and that's something that even ancient crusaders came to realize in the end.

Let's just reduce it down to that radicalized fellow who attacked all those civilians in Germany with an ax the other day, what he did is good for recruitment.
    What about him? His attack had nothing with religion, he was mentally ill. You know everyone agrees humans are difficult animals at times with their many facettes and aspects which forms a single individual but in no other case it seems so clear than when some individual is coming from a Muslim country: then it's because of the faith his mother country is adhering too. Nevermind the axe attacker had no motive whatsoever. So, that's one terrible example to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    wt: 52.0kg

Would be lbs in US, no? I'm not sure where US arms are manufactured, or how they are labeled.
    The military works in metric doesn't it? As do many government agencies. Because when you have to work internationally it's a pain in the ass to have to keep converting to an archaic measurements system.

The US began metricising in the 60s and 70s, but then the political wind went out of its sails and they got lazy. Now they have a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Not sure what you're saying or if it's sarcasm? Vietnam was a success?
    That depends on who's point of view you want? The NVA supporting hippies that wanted the commies to win? Seems successful on their part that south vietnam fell 2 years after we left when they got what they wanted right?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I wouldn't go to a mosque terrorists visit or I'd just leave if they showed up. It's all about self preservation. You can pray anywhere.
    Isn't it that if you do not show up at mosque ISIS are free to shoot you anywhere they find you outside of it at prayer time?

Because in ISIS-controlled areas prayers for population are mandatory.

Obviously many ISIS leaders/commanders are no exception, which is why targeting them near mosque is easier then anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Isn't it that if you do not show up at mosque ISIS are free to shoot you anywhere they find you outside of it at prayer time?

Because in ISIS-controlled areas prayers for population are mandatory.

Obviously many ISIS leaders/commanders are no exception, which is why targeting them near mosque is easier then anywhere else.
    Well according to rules ISIS published for a christian they basically don't want prayer to be in public view. So apparently it's not a big deal if you don't go to mosque?

Deleted
    How old are you? Serious question. Just stick to one-liners hubcap....

Deleted
    We are fighting an idea, you don't seem to understand that. How do fight an idea? You also don't have a good grasp of the religious mind.

What most members of ISIS seem to believe is pretty much what many US evangelicals believe. End-time rapture armageddon bullshit.

You want to understand why are ISIS ISIS? Look in the mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    do these people know that this mindset isnt different from ISIS or Al-Qaeda or Al-Nusra? if you advocate the murder of innocent civilians, just for furthering your cause...
    There is a huge difference between killing some civilians (collateral damage) as a byproduct of taking out the enemy, and intentionally seeking out civilaian to kill like ISIS, al Nusra etc.. do

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully there weren't any humans that were harmed in this airstrike.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-17 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That depends on who's point of view you want? The NVA supporting hippies that wanted the commies to win? Seems successful on their part that south vietnam fell 2 years after we left when they got what they wanted right?
    Uh, I was asking for your point of view.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    There is a huge difference between killing some civilians (collateral damage) as a byproduct of taking out the enemy, and intentionally seeking out civilaian to kill like ISIS, al Nusra etc.. do
    Pretty sure that will be seen the same way by the victims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So you yanks were all OK with the Pentagon being attacked on 9/11 then?

The self-deception of the atrocity apologist never ceases to amaze me.

(oh wait, Trump supporter, let's rephrase that...)

You people BAD...like ISIS BAD...BAD People.