Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, I didn't mean a "pure MOBA" but rather a "instant-raid" game where you skip RPG elements. I can't find a single game like that on the market, which makes me wish I was a programmer, I could make serious money with that idea :P

And I never wanted it to REPLACE wow, just an additional MODE.
    you wont never gain money from this formula.
    content will be so much quickly consumed that the waiting from a raid to another will be greater than now, even without making new assets for bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    Well, glowpipe has spoken for all of us. I guess the idea is shit-canned.
    There you have it. Listen to this unsarcastic man !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yes but "forced" in this context is used in such a negative way. Every mount you're "forced" to do something to obtain it but other methods you enjoy and others you don't. Still seems silly to me to blame Blizzard that you're "forced" when the decision to be a mount collector that will collect every single mount is up to you, the individual.

The criticism I'll accept is the time limit on the offer. I do think it's a bit dumb they do that, even if they gave everyone a month. The mount isn't supposed to be prestigious or something, way too many people have it now so might as well just let people get it whenever they want.
    it's your decision to be a collector, but on your way to completion there is things you have to do that you can't skip, doesn't mean you enjoy doing it when you discover it, but you do it, because your will is stronger than that

And everyone clears the raids and quits. Next game please.

Most guilds, including my own, would instantly kick someone who raid for gear. Loot never mattered, at all. The FUN of raiding is killing a hard boss after tons of wipes. That is the satisfaction real raiders want.
    And whats the satisfaction in killing the same boss for 2,4,10 times if not the gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why kids, our beloved RTS games are dying...

Deleted
    Basically this would be a HoTS or OW version of WoW, that takes out everything that is not end game and actual content FOR ME. No more leveling, grinding, gearing etc.
    FIXED your FLAWED "logic".
    If you dont want an rp game which NEEDS leveling, dont play one!

Obviously this won't replace regular WoW, but why not make such "MOBA servers" for WoW? I can't be the only one who love Raiding and PvPing but hate gearing and leveling.
    Then play another game as WoW is OBVIOUSLY not for you!
    Dont ruin the fun of others just because you SILLY dont like 99% of the game.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

So, someone's putting a gun over your head to do it?

..No?

Alrighty then....
    So a person is only forced by having a weapon on his head. Right. Do you understand how ridiculous your comment/argument is? And how does it reflect on your perceived by others intelligence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    FIXED your FLAWED "logic".
    If you dont want an rp game which NEEDS leveling, dont play one!

Then play another game as WoW is OBVIOUSLY not for you!
    Dont ruin the fun of others just because you SILLY dont like 99% of the game.

Like I said, there are no "raiding mobas" out there, no game has close to the quality of WoWs raids.

And I also said it would NOT replace normal wow, just another game mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    And whats the satisfaction in killing the same boss for 2,4,10 times if not the gear?
    The satisfaction comes from the boss dying.

If you never felt such satisfaction after killing a boss, you are not raiding hard enough content.

Nothing beats the feeling of killing a boss after like 100 wipes!

I personally love the idea, it sounds like it would be right up my alley as raiding is the only enjoyable part of the game for me right now. That's having quit after killing M Xavius. My only concern (it might have been addressed already) is the longevity. What's the incentive to continue doing the raids without a sense of progression? The content will be consumed at break-neck pace

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    good luck with your dream, people call playing a game a "grind" around here, i've seen doing basically anything in WoW as a "grind" so yeh let's call this forced, it's clearly how things work around here, you're "forced" to do "everything" in wow and it's all a "grind"
    It's not forced though, you're just saying 'lets call this forced' when it's not. Besides, if the dude wanted the mount he could join up any vs AI group and get it all done in under an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

So what I would LOVE to have is what I call a Raiding MOBA option. You see I love raiding but I have grown to really dislike everything else about this mmo. I don't care at all about leveling, questing, lore, story, economy, exploring or anything other than actual gameplay in raids. Everything pre-raid is just a mean to an end for me, it feels like unnecessary and a waste of time.

1. You pick a class.
    2. You design the appearance and give it a name. Both hairstyles etc as well as transmog appearance.
    3. You are done. There are no levels, no gear and nothing else that define you. If you pick a hunter, you are equal to all other hunters.
    4. You get into some kind of lobby-menu, like in OW or CS:GO. You can queue for raids or group up with friends. You select the difficulty you want to raid.
    5. You can of course hot-key all abilities your class have, just like now, to customize your gameplay. You don't have any gear so no trinkets or anything else, just the abilities of your class.
    6. Once you queue you get into a raid. Everyone of same class are equal, and your ability to kill bosses are only based on skill and team-play.
    7. If you get bored, you can log out and just create another class. You will be raid-ready and able to re-queue in minutes.
    8. You can queue for raids, dungeons or PvP. Rated and non-rated.
    Ideas?

If you don't like the idea, please explain WHY it would be harmful to have this as an OPTION to regular WoW.
    I don't like it personally because I need some form of progression. I think you could tailor this type of environment to increasing character power honestly instead of gear though, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

Baseline Ret Paladin starts with just normal old wings. You can unlock things that empower wings by completing raids/dungeons. let's say an item that turns Avenging Wrath into current Crusade. An item that grants a new ability (say gives HoW back)? Empowers or changes an existing one? Maybe allow you to only have a certain number of them active at a time until you clear other content that further empowers you. Everyone might start the same, but acquiring these effects allows you to create your own version of Ret that not everyone might have.

This is also going to sound corny but what I don't really enjoy a raid unless I have a reason for going there. Like why is my character going here. The world building does help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    The challenge/Adventure of raiding is tied up with character progression... you remove that why should ppl do raids?
    If that was true you wouldn't be forced to stop leveling before you can do the raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, there are no "raiding mobas" out there, no game has close to the quality of WoWs raids.
    I mean, if you're willing to get creative with your definition of "raiding", I'm sure you could find lobbygames with a similar game experience. Of course, these would generally be focused on smaller groups of players... but still...

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Nobody would raid if there is no form of character progression.
    People climb the mountain because it's there.

The idea of leveling the playing field some how in raiding would be cool for a world first type thing, but raiding is way too long form to be much of a spectated e-sport. I'm sort of curious if raiders would play stock toons as part of a world first + a prize although it might feel cheap not actually working on something "permanent" unless you kept the character afterwards, and it would also completely remove any aspect of preparation (i.e. your previous gear and progression would be worthless). Characters would be seasonal if they are customizable *at all* and personally I don't like that.

Skipping any kind of RPG element ruins it for me. It gets way too gamey and artificial feeling. The identity of what the game is (rather than just a game for game's sake) is lost if you're just playing cookie cutter build characters all the time. Part of why I ultimately dislike games like HotS and League. As little customization as WoW offers, it is at least your character and there is value to the uniqueness and "ownership" of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxgg2k View Post
    I would play a lot of World of Starcraft, rest of your comment didn't make a lot of sense though.
    It already exists on the arcade

Nothing beats the feeling of killing a boss after like 100 wipes!
    Yes but whats the satisfaction in killing it over and over again once you know and can kill him in one go? Then the ony satisfaction is the gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea, but see 2 big problems:
    - with no gear and no character advancement, what is the goal of the game? How you get rewarded, why would you kill the same bosses every night?
    - with no grinds necessary, the game would last a few weeks like conventional games.

I want to see an MMO have the balls to remove the leveling system.
    We spend the largest chunk of our time at max level, at "end game".
    So why not start the game there? Leveling has long since lost it's point in MMOs.
    Or well, in WoW anyway. Even in something like FF14. The story makes it seem
    more worth it but in the end, you're still aimin' for the end game and shit, so.

Just let people jump right into the content they want to do anyway.

If you don't like the idea, please explain WHY it would be harmful to have this as an OPTION to regular WoW.
    It would cost us a raid tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.