Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    tbh most classes 4pc seems useless (Affliction warlocks never do whole Drain soul ever unless they let every single dot drop which is absurd)

So its going to be 2pc (UA dmg is already huge compared to any other spell, 10% increase to that is good)
    And 2pc for next tier.

Then legos for 2 other slots if any.

Nothing changes from past xpacks. Its always been possible every tier (expect that one where there was 6 set bonuses but shh..)
    Well with the new gold trait and the 2pc, yeah it'll 1000% be worth letting your corruption/siphon life drop off so you can finish a drain soul.

Corruption doesn't really do anything already, and you can already let it drop off sometimes right now. Siphon life can be specced out of with little to no loss, and agony won't fall off if you refreshed it before the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    You'd think anyone could see that the rng is in getting tf'ed tier pieces, not the actual tokens themselves. I guess not everyone can see that though. lul
    If the 2P is good enough to bother with, then sure, if you really want to follow the carrot on the stick Blizzard is blatantly dangling for you to do so you continue to play for no reason.

But hey, I tend to look at the side of things where the 2P isn't that huge a deal. If it is, they will nerf it, like they always do, and I sure as shit know that my 2P isn't really worth that much.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

"The team wants to give players choice. If the Tier 19 two piece bonus becomes dominant, the team make changes, but currently you will be able to wear the Tier 19 two piece and Tier 20 four piece. This is an experiment."

Sims already show how broken it is for some classes and how it makes tier slot legendaries unusable, no experiment needed

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Or join a guild instead of LFR/pugging? Tokens >>>>>>> Personal Loot for tier.

I know Legion is RNG-heavy but this is one thing you're bitching about RNG where it doesn't exist.
    To compete with the next raid tier gear you are grinding titan forged gear not just the actual tier piece it self
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleks View Post
    You never cast a full drainsoul as affliction? Are you serious with this kinda statement?
    If by "full" in tier set means "letting it cast to 0 then most likely no. Since Drain soul can be cut before it finishes for pandemic effect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guess it makes affli bit different playstyle, which is fine and should be done on tier bonuses by design.
    But since raiding is not patchwerk after patchwerk, moving instead of DS tunneling can hurt the tier set a lot. So you probably swap around in fights where you can comfortably stand still for "long time"

It will be intresting to see is the 10% haste for 10s really worth more than "10% UA dmg+UA does Drain soul dmg". I'll wait for charts

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, it seems to me that if your 2set t19 is "Super-broken-OP", as some people are saying, that the ilvl of the gear is probably fairly minimal compared to what you're gaining with the set bonus (i.e. the Drape of Shame effect for current context. For healers, the difference between say, an 860 DoS, and an 880 DoS is pretty minimal, especially compared to say an 860 DoS and an 880 "anything else"). In this situation, it seems like gauging your eyes out farming M NH for an incredibly low chance at an extra .04% DPS increase just isn't worth it, which I think is what people are getting at saying "you'll already have it, if you're serious about running this set-up." This is the closest to a valid point there is, Blizzard says they are keeping an eye on the bonuses to ensure they are not too strong. Worst case scenario, it's DoS 2.0, your two set will be worth like 50 ilvls, and so it doesn't *really* matter ilvl your drop is, as it's a drop in the bucket compared to the set bonus.

On the other hand, if your 2set t19 isn't a huge increase, than most likely, unless you get some amazing rolls, WF/TF offset pieces from ToS are likely to beat out the t19 pieces, and are also going to have a higher "droprate" due to starting off at a higher ilvl.

Then of course there's the handful of classes that are likely not going to do this because they have a lengendary in a tier slot, and likely any throughput legendary is going to outperform a t19 2set (or t20 4set, depending what's weaker for you I guess.)

In other words, this seems like the same "Sky is falling because Thunderforged/Warforged/Titanforged." rhetoric we've been seeing since Throne of Thunder.

Just my $.02, but I think it's still too early to judge how this will actually play out, but hey, people have been asking for a reason to run "previous tier" for a couple of expansions now, maybe this'll breathe some life into that - for better or worse.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    If by "full" in tier set means "letting it cast to 0 then most likely no. Since Drain soul can be cut before it finishes for pandemic effect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guess it makes affli bit different playstyle, which is fine and should be done on tier bonuses by design.
    But since raiding is not patchwerk after patchwerk, moving instead of DS tunneling can hurt the tier set a lot. So you probably swap around in fights where you can comfortably stand still for "long time"

It will be intresting to see is the 10% haste for 10s really worth more than "10% UA dmg+UA does Drain soul dmg". I'll wait for charts
    You setup dots,setup 2 (3with good gear) UA´s and channel 2 full drain souls in your UA´s for max Graspvalue currently for max dps,so the set simply gives you a bonus on what you should be doing regardless thats why your "statement" makes zero sense.

Deleted
    You setup dots,setup 2 (3with good gear) UA´s and channel 2 full drain souls in your UA´s for max Graspvalue currently for max dps,so the set simply gives you a bonus on what you should be doing regardless thats why your "statement" makes zero sense.
    Question really is how they implement it. As @Iceleaf said: currently, you are clipping your drains before it fully expires because otherwise you would have a gap in between. If this then counts as not fully channeling and thus not provide the bonus, that would greatly hurt the fluency of playstyle for affli.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Lol, you need a Ring of Royal Grandeur to only equip 3 each
    This comment wins everything today, nothing can beat it!

Deleted
    I don't think you really gave a case on why this is an RNG issue. Just a regular drop.Is it cause you want to farm titanforged? If you have to do that, then the bonus may not be worth it.

My issue is that Blizzard is taking the piss on us by saying: Yeah, you can do it. But if everyone is doing it, we will nerf it.
    So, in short they are gonna feck up out itemisation when we already mid-tier, and that is a BS move on their part. Either allow, or don't. No halvesies. Stop playing with us. We aren't your testers, we are paying customers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Question really is how they implement it. As @Iceleaf said: currently, you are clipping your drains before it fully expires because otherwise you would have a gap in between. If this then counts as not fully channeling and thus not provide the bonus, that would greatly hurt the fluency of playstyle for affli.
    Or you just use a [nochanneling] macro for your spells, spam your following spell and dont lose anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If the 2P is good enough to bother with, then sure, if you really want to follow the carrot on the stick Blizzard is blatantly dangling for you to do so you continue to play for no reason.

But hey, I tend to look at the side of things where the 2P isn't that huge a deal. If it is, they will nerf it, like they always do, and I sure as shit know that my 2P isn't really worth that much.
    "Continue to play for no reason" and "2P isn't that huge a deal" - I recall your name from the mage forum, lets take a look at frost. T19 2P increases your chance to gain Brain Freeze by 10 %. T20 boni are 2P "Frozen Orb increases your Critical Strike damage by 30% for 10 seconds," and 4P "The cooldown of Frozen Orb is reduced by 5 sec whenever you gain Brain Freeze." Honestly, anyone who's even remotely got a clue can see how much the T19 2P synergises with the ToS tier. Sure the legendary gloves are regarded as bis, but I would expect this double tier combo to outperform it by far.

Sure they could nerf it, but as you said yourself they want you to continue playing and praying for big rolls. I don't think it's irrational to expect Blizzard not to nerf stuff like this. And if (more likely when) it turns out frost mages do need T19 2P in ToS, every player who "didn't give a shit" will be behind and will need to go back and get tf'ed T19. Just look at how dominant dungeon trinkets are this xpac - it's all about farming farming and farming Diablo style. Embrace it or quit trying to be competitive.

I'm with you on this, I have no idea what the guy is talking about. You can typically pump out 2 full drain souls with full dots and 2 UA's up, and not let a single thing fall off. Obviously if you have to move you interrupt it, though that doesn't happen as often as some might think. Botanist has been the only fight, where I find you are absolutely unable to use it, as there is too much movement.