Thread: Mass burnout.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was a classic Blizzard knee jerk. Went from not logging in minus 5 min before raid and 5 min after raid game to possibly 24/7 game. Although most people play the game way beyond their necessity. Sure if you are aiming for world first or are talked about in the same discussion you have to do everything absolutely possible to be number one and that is something if you want that you must kind of understand. But for most players it is absolutely not necessary to clear every world quest, grind MoS dozens of times a day, and constantly in the rat race for minor upgrades. But since top players are doing it it kind of trickles down to everyone emulating it but again it is absolutely not necessary.

Now I think Blizzard might have made a little mistake by designing content around the necessity of the 54 talent for example to "even the odds" of kill certain mythic bosses but at the same time if they didn't it would have been a walk in the park for anyone that had it. Which is why the end talent of flat damage increase was an ultimate mistake. Clearly they know that and why in 7.2 it is changing. But sadly most people are already convenience they will have to restart the endless grind again which again for the top tier people might be true for 99% of the player base absolutely isn't the case.

End of the day just because you live a lie and believe the lie it doesn't suddenly make the lie true. Most people do not have to grind endlessly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    Seriously, if you feel you need to grind out everything in order to raid Mythic, you can either:

Embrace the grind.
    or
    Raid on another difficulty.

It's not the game's fault that you're over extending.

Personally, I don't want to do the grind, so i don't.
    Thing is though, why is such a massive grind required to raid mythic?

I like having a full time job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    Always an underachiever that makes the "no life" comment. Maybe try to stick to something instead and play efficiently - see what you can accomplish and you will find that 15 hours per day would let you have 15 chars with maxed out artifacts and 900 ilvl.
    Nah, I'm actually 100% sure you're unemployed.

Deleted
    I'm burnt out on the game at the moment. It's my first real break in 12 years though so :/ Pretty normal for this to happen though tbh, the game is getting SO old

There is just too much grind. When we expected that nothing could get any worse than it was already, they come up with the artifact power idea...
    I'd love to see more things account bound. Artifact power, Artifact knowledge, etc should all be account bound, even reputations.

With less grind (since you have to grind things at least once) it would be a little less of pain.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I don't like working. But it's not like i can just stop working.. Just because it's not "Fun" anymore.
    Comparing a Video Game to Real Life Work.

I think your issue is very much psychological.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Nah, I'm actually 100% sure you're unemployed.
    Yet i work a full time job in one of the biggest companies in the world and have wife and kid and raid 2 nights per week (well 3 since this week). And i play almost exclusively 23.00-01.30 on other days after wife goes to bed. And you? 10 alts, not one in top 90 percentile, on your main u played all 3 specs and got legends in all those 3 specs and rather blame blizz than look at yourself. Wife left you to be with the neighbour if you are 30+ and if not, you still orbitting your high school sweetheart hoping she will dump the guy shes still with for the last 5 years hoping she would notice you some day. All about how you deal with life and dont wanna improve yourself. Fun game
    Last edited by mmoc33670b5533; 2017-03-17 at 01:23 PM.

Yet i work a full time job in one of the biggest companies in the world and have wife and kid and raid 2 nights per week (well 3 since this week). And i play almost exclusively 23.00-01.30 on other days after wife goes to bed. And you? 10 alts, not one in top 90 percentile, on your main u played all 3 specs and got legends in all those 3 specs and rather blame blizz than look at yourself. Wife left you to be with the neighbour if you are 30+ and if not, you still orbitting your high school sweetheart hoping she will dump the guy shes still with for the last 5 years hoping she would notice you some day. Fun game
    ^ Definitely unemployed, single, and defensive about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    ^ Definitely unemployed, single, and defensive about it.
    If thats what makes you feel better :P

I got sick of the endless AP grind, I miss getting new weapons and the hunt for the BIS weapons, IM totally not cool with how the AP grind works and how some classes are worthless without High level weapons. The shit leveling experience and how damn long it takes to level alts turned me off the game right away, I usually play 4-6 Alts an Xpac. But it takes over a week playing 2-3 hours a few nights a week to get to max level and then a few months to be up to par with your Artifact. I unsubbed about a month ago, started playing STWOR again, I am having a total blast the accessibility of the raids and just the game in general is where it should have been at Release IMO it's great plus there is a 250% exp boost on right now which I have leveled 6 characters from 1-70 In less than 8hours played on each. It's great and the endgame and gearing is a total blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    thats the problem blizzard cant find a way to satisfy everyone WoD allmost nothing to do Legion opposite case ...idk i think its fine how it is atm you are not forced to do all but peopel force themself ...control yourself.
    Only top 10 guilds are a littel bit fucked with this system but casuals not in the end its our own fault ^.-
    I mean that's a good and bad point....Legion doesn't have too much to do...it has too much meaningless shit to do, that people feel forced to do to keep up. Then they get a shit legendary or their top performing spec changes and they feel forced to do it some more. WoW was never this grindy just to participate in high level raiding. This is the worst it's been for raiders since the game has come out. The problem isn't the systems either, it's how their implemented. I don't think AP grinding or the legendary system is bad...I think the throughput of someone with 54 traits vs someone with 35 is too much so they're made to get to 54 asap. The difference between some legendaries for some specs is so extensive that if you don't get that one you may as well reroll. Even if legendaries dropped every week for people, we would just about now be finishing our main class....We're forced into a spec now, not even a class and that isn't the fault of AP but the legendaries. They need to drop significantly more....at the rate we're going with them...people will play the expansion for it's entirety and still be missing class legendaries by the end. That system alone had TONS of feedback on why it sucked and blizzard chose not to listen yet again. I'm at the point where im waiting to get my next legendary. If it's not one of the top three I'm legit quitting. I'm tired of being held bakc because I was unlucky on my first two legendaries. Sephuz's and Acherus drapes....thanks blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I got sick of the endless AP grind, I miss getting new weapons and the hunt for the BIS weapons, IM totally not cool with how the AP grind works and how some classes are worthless without High level weapons. The shit leveling experience and how damn long it takes to level alts turned me off the game right away, I usually play 4-6 Alts an Xpac. But it takes over a week playing 2-3 hours a few nights a week to get to max level and then a few months to be up to par with your Artifact. I unsubbed about a month ago, started playing STWOR again, I am having a total blast the accessibility of the raids and just the game in general is where it should have been at Release IMO it's great plus there is a 250% exp boost on right now which I have leveled 6 characters from 1-70 In less than 8hours played on each. It's great and the endgame and gearing is a total blast.
    you must be bad at leveling...my mage took less than ten hours to go from 100-110. Leveling is a cinch this expansion, the problem really is what happens when you hit max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xMnCx View Post
    There is just too much grind. When we expected that nothing could get any worse than it was already, they come up with the artifact power idea...
    I'd love to see more things account bound. Artifact power, Artifact knowledge, etc should all be account bound, even reputations.

With less grind (since you have to grind things at least once) it would be a little less of pain.
    Artifact power shouldn't be account based, but should definitely be class based....The fact that I literally cannot play unholy right now(if it were the top dps spec of DK) cause I have too much invested in the frost weapon is really...really...stupid. I like the idea of AP/artifacts and the like, they just implemented this so poorly. And that's even before we get into legendaries which further lock you into a spec. I feel bad for all the unholy DKs who had to go frost for NH.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-03-17 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Yet i work a full time job in one of the biggest companies in the world and have wife and kid and raid 2 nights per week (well 3 since this week). And i play almost exclusively 23.00-01.30 on other days after wife goes to bed. And you? 10 alts, not one in top 90 percentile, on your main u played all 3 specs and got legends in all those 3 specs and rather blame blizz than look at yourself. Wife left you to be with the neighbour if you are 30+ and if not, you still orbitting your high school sweetheart hoping she will dump the guy shes still with for the last 5 years hoping she would notice you some day. All about how you deal with life and dont wanna improve yourself. Fun game
    What work hours do you have? How much time do you spend with commuting to work and back? Does your wife do all the chores? How can you play until 01.30 if usual work hours start about 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. in a typical office workplace?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    What work hours do you have? How much time do you spend with commuting to work and back? Does your wife do all the chores? How can you play until 01.30 if usual work hours start about 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. in a typical office workplace?
    Some people don't require hours upon hours of sleep to function every day. I'm up at 6-7 daily and go to bed between midnight and two in the morning....so im sure he has something similar going on.

Deleted
    "Blizzard gives us no content! Game is fucking dead man!"
    "Too much content, game is an endless grind! Game is fucking dead man!"

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    "Blizzard gives us no content! Game is fucking dead man!"
    "Too much content, game is an endless grind! Game is fucking dead man!"

Sigh.
    No this isn't the case of too much content it's a grind...it's a literal grind for people in progressive raiding. Yes you don't "have" to do it. However you won't be doing anything past 3/10M Nighthold without grinding 54 for your main weapon. Then you'll keep grinding stuff for legendaries to make your throughput go up. The problem isn't the content it's the fact that you're locked to a spec based on luck and ap grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    No this isn't the case of too much content it's a grind...it's a literal grind for people in progressive raiding. Yes you don't "have" to do it. However you won't be doing anything past 3/10M Nighthold without grinding 54 for your main weapon. Then you'll keep grinding stuff for legendaries to make your throughput go up. The problem isn't the content it's the fact that you're locked to a spec based on luck and ap grinding.
    Bullshit. Got 54 traits and 908 item level equipped on my main in a 5/10 Mythic guild that raids 2 nights a week. I have been doing 1 m+ dungeon per week since December and I log in to play maybe 3-4 nights a week.

I blame it on how it's such a hassle to switch specs, save for the few extremely lucky people who have BiS legendaries for their main and at least one of their off-specs. Some people like to grind AP endlessly, and those people are still playing. Those who've stopped are most likely those who got tired of trying to max out their primary traits, thought about switching specs or leveling an alt, then realized all the grinding and RNG they'd have to go through again.

I was almost the latter, but instead of quitting I took a two week break from raiding and am slowly getting back into the grind as I prepare for 7.2. I thought about gearing up my off-spec but the thought of farming raids weekly for a random chance at BiS legendaries turned me off. If Blizzard didn't make it such a hassle to gear alts or off-specs without relying too much on extreme RNG luck, the burnout would be less severe.

we're just a casual heroic raiding guild who has suffered from attendance issues the past few weeks, including myself.

I'm just burnt out, I just don't care anymore. Partially it's that I foolishly tired to level alts and the leveling grind then the wait and watch time sink of the third relic slot, then watch and wait to get from AK 20-25 so AP grind is worth it, then the AP grind and gear grind only to realize there's no point since my main has 3 of the 4 best legs heroic 4 pc and decent trinkets. On my main I found there's little point since I'm only trying to get the chance of a chance that something will titan forge but more often than not it's some piece of gear thats not good, has the worst secondary stats possible or 25-35 gold, after weeks of this it begins to feel pointless.

In turn add that to eventually happening to alts or actually running raids with alts and getting the same luck added to the grind it takes to get to this point...my eyes begin to bleed.

I think burnout started when I was running VoW ad nauseam for a good ilvl FCM only to get AP and some random piece of crap gear with the worst possible stats from the end chest then the weekly being some POS gear again with the worst possible stats OR more often than not something for a slot I have a legendary for. After while this too begins to feel pointless, actually even more so since m+ dungeons are the same shit over and over and over and over. Oh now look it's a most of the time trivial affix that sure makes the same instance super fresh. Oh I did a +15 got AP I feel special now cause I got a chive no one cares I got. I started to feel like I have better things to do, like watch paint dry.

I mean that's a good and bad point....Legion doesn't have too much to do...it has too much meaningless shit to do, that people feel forced to do to keep up. Then they get a shit legendary or their top performing spec changes and they feel forced to do it some more. WoW was never this grindy just to participate in high level raiding. This is the worst it's been for raiders since the game has come out. The problem isn't the systems either, it's how their implemented. I don't think AP grinding or the legendary system is bad...I think the throughput of someone with 54 traits vs someone with 35 is too much so they're made to get to 54 asap. The difference between some legendaries for some specs is so extensive that if you don't get that one you may as well reroll. Even if legendaries dropped every week for people, we would just about now be finishing our main class....We're forced into a spec now, not even a class and that isn't the fault of AP but the legendaries. They need to drop significantly more....at the rate we're going with them...people will play the expansion for it's entirety and still be missing class legendaries by the end. That system alone had TONS of feedback on why it sucked and blizzard chose not to listen yet again. I'm at the point where im waiting to get my next legendary. If it's not one of the top three I'm legit quitting. I'm tired of being held bakc because I was unlucky on my first two legendaries. Sephuz's and Acherus drapes....thanks blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

you must be bad at leveling...my mage took less than ten hours to go from 100-110. Leveling is a cinch this expansion, the problem really is what happens when you hit max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Artifact power shouldn't be account based, but should definitely be class based....The fact that I literally cannot play unholy right now(if it were the top dps spec of DK) cause I have too much invested in the frost weapon is really...really...stupid. I like the idea of AP/artifacts and the like, they just implemented this so poorly. And that's even before we get into legendaries which further lock you into a spec. I feel bad for all the unholy DKs who had to go frost for NH.
    I probably am bad at leveling, but I also feel you should be able to hit a button and have a 110 once you have leveled once. I have and always will hate questing with a passion, so I in turn hate leveling.

Deleted
    Some people don't require hours upon hours of sleep to function every day. I'm up at 6-7 daily and go to bed between midnight and two in the morning....so im sure he has something similar going on.
    work from 9.30-18.00 - before work bring child to kindergarden. I live 5 minutes from work, wife works full time from home. We both have 3 eve per week where we are fully free, and the other fully handles kid - and 1 eve where we kinda switch based on whatever the other has planned. She cooks more and does laundry, i do chores around house more and administrative stuff. I sleep 6 hours or so on work days and around 7-9 hours in weekend.

But anyway, doesnt matter. Point remains - people arent efficient so get overwhelmed. Also they want instant gratification so they keep going with flavor of the month. Simply put - atm almost all specs are viable dps wise. As long as you know how to play it and have stuck to it have 54 talents, good gear and 1 or 2 legends for it. People who got legends for all 3 spec, screwed themselves over, people who arent 54 talents but are 40 in 3 spec, screwed themselves. People who played 10 alts, screwed themselves. I didnt farm ap until i had 25 AK to be most time efficient and got maxed in like a week, the 2nd weap came naturally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    oops responded to wrong person, scroll up :P
    Last edited by mmoc33670b5533; 2017-03-17 at 02:11 PM.