Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Not quite. If it's pure single target, Blade of Wrath beats Divine Hammer. However most fights in Nighthold have some form of cleave so DH beats it.
    just look at talents on krosus on warcraftlogs.. I also thought blade of justice is better but appearently it isnt
    Last edited by Ianus; 2017-03-17 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    just look at talents on krosus on warcraftlogs.. I also thought blade of justice is better but appearently it isnt
    Divine Hammers can be better single target due to superior stats/ilv/traits. It deals holy damage so it scales very well with gear and Blade of Wrath can waste HP making the damage on Divine Hammers usually stronger than the five or six more total Spenders. Blade of Justice? Never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Doesn't many of the top logs on krosus have people padding on the adds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    Doesn't many of the top logs on krosus have people padding on the adds?
    all top logs are padding

One thing I've seen from the logs is that, even though it's true that there may be some padding, the people that are running DH are also 25+ on haste. Top 100 logs on Trilliax are seemingly 85%+ on DH and in that fight the adds don't stay for long, much more so if you're a guild farming it. So I'm inclining to think that after certain Strength and crit it's better to be around 25-28 haste and go with DH even on ST. It kinda makes sense since the more haste you have the less value BoW has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might fiddle with DH more, sitting around 24% haste or so. Also wondered why my percentiles seemed a bit off. Normally I'm 75+ but if people are padding, makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

So, what's the current group think concerning our artifact path in 7.2? Obviously you grab Ferocity of the Silver Hand first. After that I was thinking of picking up the extra point in WotA then going for 4th major.

On the other hand though, 4th major doesn't give any single target damage, and ret already has pretty godly AoE. Might be better to go and pick up the 4th point in the other single target minors first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, what's the current group think concerning our artifact path in 7.2? Obviously you grab Ferocity of the Silver Hand first. After that I was thinking of picking up the extra point in WotA then going for 4th major.

On the other hand though, 4th major doesn't give any single target damage, and ret already has pretty godly AoE. Might be better to go and pick up the 4th point in the other single target minors first.
    Was thinking WotA and the TV one possibly. Maybe DH/BoJ and CS crit chance too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I'll certainly get an extra point in WotA and DH before I consider going down past Ferocity. Probably get TV and DS damage too.

I'm not entirely sure I'm doing alright despite leg cloak and belt.
    Could it be that trinkets affect my performance that much, since all I have is 865 arcanecrystal and (h)MoK which I tend to swap for (h)CoValorous.
    Have no logs due to raiding with semipug, but would appreciate any and all advices.
    Oh, and, 26% fething mastery.

I was under the impression Wrath of the Ashbringer was being replaced by Concordance of the Legionfall?

Wrath of the Ashbringer is the one that extends wings duration. You're thinking of Ashbringer's Light.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Am I the only one still hoping for a last minute change to our 4th golden trait? It serves basically no purpose and even devalues a talent which is already under performing...

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    Am I the only one still hoping for a last minute change to our 4th golden trait? It serves basically no purpose and even devalues a talent which is already under performing...
    It's a needed buff to our AOE. I don't see why people say we're so godly at AOE when other classes do it much better atm. They just need to rework that talent, really. It's super niche.

I don't hate it. It makes mastery not a straight up worthless stat for us, and given that ToS fights aren't going to be simple patchwerk fights and there will be adds to cleave down... It's not amazing, but it's really not an awful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's a needed buff to our AOE. I don't see why people say we're so godly at AOE when other classes do it much better atm. They just need to rework that talent, really. It's super niche.
    Other classes don't do it better? I mean, it depends on the type of AoE. On Tichondrius bat phase for example, a good ret can almost double the next best class. Don't tell me you've never popped Crusade on trash and rofled your way to 12 million dps.

Other classes don't do it better? I mean, it depends on the type of AoE. On Tichondrius bat phase for example, a good ret can almost double the next best class. Don't tell me you've never popped Crusade on trash and rofled your way to 12 million dps.
    Crusade DPS is not equal to average DPS. During Crusade, we probably beat most specs in everything. Outside of it, we're probably one of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Crusade DPS is not equal to average DPS. During Crusade, we probably beat most specs in everything. Outside of it, we're probably one of the worst.
    Without Crusade we're still on the upper end for AoE damage at 5+ targets. Our AoE is gonna be flat out fucking retarded in 7.2. In fact, I will be shocked if our AoE doesn't get nerfed.

Lemme put it in perspective. Our mastery will apply on AoE due to 4th major. We're getting another minor trait that buffs Divine Hammer in addition to the 4th rank in Righteous Blade and Deliver The Justice. 4PT20 makes our mastery apply to Divine Hammer. On top of all that, we're getting 4th relic slot, and both DS and DH scale off weapon damage.

Sure, other classes will do more damage as well, but it's not even close to the AoE buffs we're getting. Divine Hammer is gonna tick for like 1.5 mil during Crusade.

Without Crusade we're still on the upper end for AoE damage at 5+ targets. Our AoE is gonna be flat out fucking retarded in 7.2. In fact, I will be shocked if our AoE doesn't get nerfed.

Lemme put it in perspective. Our mastery will apply on AoE due to 4th major. We're getting another minor trait that buffs Divine Hammer in addition to the 4th rank in Righteous Blade and Deliver The Justice. 4PT20 makes our mastery apply to Divine Hammer. On top of all that, we're getting 4th relic slot, and both DS and DH scale off weapon damage.

Sure, other classes will do more damage as well, but it's not even close to the AoE buffs we're getting. Divine Hammer is gonna tick for like 1.5 mil during Crusade.
    You might be right, but I am not entirely sure Deliver The Justice is a great mechanic or talent, actually.
    It's random, it's not dependable, thus, not good.