Page 1 of 2
LastLast

sustained dps over the fight

hey guys, i'm struggling in keeping my dps high, i'm 901 ilvl with leggo shoulders and belt, but in almost fights i got only 620k dps or lower (sometimes 550k0

i'm trying to post my armory and logs but it says i cant post any link here

Given that we have nothing to look at to evaluate, I'm going to give you some generic advice that applies to pretty much every "help my dps" thread:

Go to Icy Veins and read the havoc guide. Read the rotation part twice. Then do what it says.

DPS problems (mostly) solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    Given that we have nothing to look at to evaluate, I'm going to give you some generic advice that applies to pretty much every "help my dps" thread:

Go to Icy Veins and read the havoc guide. Read the rotation part twice. Then do what it says.

yea i did this (i'm playing dh since release date) rotation is not a problem, i think it's how i use my burst on specific times or aor skills at mobs... maybe this is my problem, and i'm also have some problem in fury starving since i dont have AoTHG...
    i got 38% crit, 17% haste, 27% mastery and 3% versatility.... i'm suing shoulders with CoF and 1 meta relic, also using 880 ursoc's BTI trinket

yea i did this already, also i'm using the dh guide from mmo site... i'm not new to dh (playing since release date) so rotation is not a issue.... i think it's how i use my bursts in the course of a fight and how i deal with ads, the right moment to use specific skill.... i'm also have some fury starvin problems since i dont have AoTHG... i got 38% crit, 17% haste, 27% mastery... using leggo shoulders with CoF and 1 meta relic and 880 ursoc's BTI trinket

also, with this gear.... simcraft says my dps should be around 660k
    Last edited by Kroldan; 2017-03-16 at 04:35 PM.

How do you do on krosus? % wise for your ilvl?

How do you do on krosus? % wise for your ilvl?
    what do you mean by % wise? anyway... 2 weeks ago i did 650k on him, last week i got 559k and yesterday 562k
    i'm thinking i'll switch my Cof on krosus for EoC.. i got only 2 meta on this fight... no use for CoF here cuz he's dead right after i got third meta

10+ Year Old Account
    On warcraftlogs you get an overall percentile and a "bracket" percentile, with the bracket only counting people of your ilvl (+-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Kroldan View Post
    hey guys, i'm struggling in keeping my dps high, i'm 901 ilvl with leggo shoulders and belt, but in almost fights i got only 620k dps or lower (sometimes 550k0

i'm trying to post my armory and logs but it says i cant post any link here
    You can post it with spaces or mention character and server and someone else can post the link as well.

So ~560k on Krosus at ilvl 901 is low, and there's not much in the way of adds or anything else on that fight. That tells me that rotation is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    On warcraftlogs you get an overall percentile and a "bracket" percentile, with the bracket only counting people of your ilvl (+-1).

on 649k dps i did 74%
    562k and 556k was 45%

- - - Updated - - -

So ~560k on Krosus at ilvl 901 is low, and there's not much in the way of adds or anything else on that fight. That tells me that rotation is an issue.
    well, at pull i use old war>meta>felblade>FotIl>DS>Annihilation.. keep using BS and Anni till meta is over then keep spamming CS and BD til fury starved, then i use fel rush and glaives till felblade on cd and very much keep doing the same thing
    i can use meta everytime with CD/Nemesis.. sometimes meta gets 10 sec cd after or before cb/nemesis but on krosus due to high dps of my guild, i got only 2 chances to use meta

idk if this influences a lot, but i'm playing with 150ms (global and local)
    Last edited by Kroldan; 2017-03-16 at 05:15 PM.

What is your toon's name, and what server? We can look you up on warcraftlogs that way.

What is your toon's name, and what server? We can look you up on warcraftlogs that way.
    Kroldan- Nemesis

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1842

yay i got 10 posts now i can put links lol http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/characte...Kroldan/simple
    Last edited by Kroldan; 2017-03-17 at 12:42 AM.

One thing I noticed from your last kill on that list is that it was a 4:36 minute fight, yet you really only squeezed in 2 Metas total with the shoulders+cof.(technically 3, but only had like 2-3 seconds of the third) This is the same amount of metas you would have had you had a different legendary+better trinket. Essentially it turned your shoulders and that trinket into mere stat sticks.

Shoulders are a very funky item. To ensure the value of it for all fights you would have to lower the CD of Meta using it down to 2 minutes. This way no matter whether what, you'll have extra metas over a DH that doesn't have it. This can come with dire sacrifices unfortunately. Both in the form of a trinket, and possibly a relic slot as well. It's not horrible if you don't have anything better though. If I were you, I'd shoot for a meta reduce relic, possibly from Botanist. That way you can reliably have the 2-minute dream.
    Last edited by Nize; 2017-03-17 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    It's an rng thing, too.
    Without anger, it is highly possible you starve on fury during cs.
    I play Demo because I don't have anger and see it all the time if other DHs lack anger of the half giants and play cs:
    With bad rng they get burst just as high as me but end up 100-150k below me at the end because their dps outside of the burst window sucks.
    With good procs they burst twice as high as me and top me by 10-30k.
    What I advise is using nem+meta just after fb if you lack fury, to profit of the added haste from meta for fury gen and pop cs asap when capped.
    I see many cs-dhs idling after fb, 2x fr and 2x tg because they wait for db to cap fury: that often results in 250k-300k starting dps and a lousy 1mil dps after the burst window.

On a side note: Your mastery is pretty low while your haste seems a bit too high, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kroldan View Post
    yea i did this (i'm playing dh since release date) rotation is not a problem, i think it's how i use my burst on specific times or aor skills at mobs... maybe this is my problem, and i'm also have some problem in fury starving since i dont have AoTHG...
    i got 38% crit, 17% haste, 27% mastery and 3% versatility.... i'm suing shoulders with CoF and 1 meta relic, also using 880 ursoc's BTI trinket
    I'm personally only 895 equipped w/ 42% crit 12% Haste and 35% Mastery, I'd argue right away you're not really statted well for your item level at all.
    When it comes to burst CB must be popped effectively after you've generated enough fury to Death Sweep, so that you can squeeze that third in. With Trinket and Shoulder you should be within range to combo up meta w/ CB reasonably, but maybe Im assuming too much w/o the ring.

Ok my friend,
    I'm going to focus my eval on this week's Heroic Krosus kill.
    #1 - Why in the world does your raid leader hold hero/lust until the middle of the fight? That makes no sense. Everyone has full cds available on the pull. Hero should be used on the pull on H Krosus. I'm assuming that's the reason why you only got 2 metas during this fight, because you held your 2nd meta until hero. If they would have hero'd on the pull you (and everyone else) could have gotten the full benefit of all of your cds in the opener, and you'd have been able to get 3 full metas in this fight.

#2 - You made a number of mistakes during that 2nd (hero/lusted) meta. The primary one being that you aren't prioritizing Death Sweep. Death Sweep has got to be used on cd, immediately. You have got to make sure that you are always holding back enough fury to use Death Sweep as soon as it comes available....every time. It's your single biggest nuke during meta. During a lusted/hero'd meta, you have absolutely got to get at least 6 Death Sweeps off, but in this fight you only got 4. AND.....that's while you had the biggest explosion of haste I have ever seen:
    At the 2:27 mark of this fight, you were:
    - lusted
    - in demon form
    - had a BTI proc (+2489 haste)
    - had a Mark of the Claw proc (+1000 haste)
    - all of this on top of already having 17% passive haste (which is too much)

All of that adds up to a mind-boggling amount of haste. So much so, you actually cast 2 Death Sweeps only 3.2 seconds apart (2:27.5 and 2:30.7)....but you STILL only cast 4 total Death Sweeps during the entire 30 seconds of meta. You would have spiked a lot higher than 1.5M during that 2nd meta if you had been prioritizing Death Sweep and casting it on cd.

Edit: I forgot to add the 2nd REALLY BIG mistake you are making. You are using Felblade WAY TOO MUCH during cooldown windows when you don't need the fury. You cast Felblade 5 times during that 2nd meta, and it appears that every time was when you already had enough fury to instead cast Death Sweep or Annihilate. You should never delay a Death Sweep in order to Felblade (and you should never have Death Sweep come off cd and not already have 15 fury available to cast it.....remember you have to be planning ahead). Likewise, if Felblade procs....but you already have enough fury to Annihilate...then you need to Annihilate. When big cooldowns are ticking (lust/meta/chaos blades/etc), you should only use Felblade when you don't have enough fury to do anything else. Outside of cooldown windows, you can use Felblade procs a little more liberally, assuming that the fury from Felblade won't cause you to cap fury.
    Last edited by ufta; 2017-03-17 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    It's an rng thing, too.

What I advise is using nem+meta just after fb if you lack fury, to profit of the added haste from meta for fury gen and pop cs asap when capped.
    I see many cs-dhs idling after fb, 2x fr and 2x tg because they wait for db to cap fury: that often results in 250k-300k starting dps and a lousy 1mil dps after the burst window.

On a side note: Your mastery is pretty low while your haste seems a bit too high, or is it just me?
    Pretty much this.

Never ever pop Meta right away on pull. Always pull around 80-90 fury, then pop everything. I can't stress enough that it is very important to do damage in CB duration. It is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the rotation. Same for the next use of CB.
    Always... ALWAYS pool fury before use CB. And Death Sweep is always top prio above all else. It should be the first thing to press after you pop Meta and constantly on cooldown.
    And yeah you can probably lower your haste, but given you don't have Ze Ring it might not be that good idea.

I have a concrete suggestion: switch Mark of the Claw for Trained Soldier (or whatever is the pure static mastery one) or maybe even Satyr.
    You just need less haste in your setup and more Crit/Mast.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Never ever pop Meta right away on pull. Always pull around 80-90 fury, then pop everything. I can't stress enough that it is very important to do damage in CB duration. It is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the rotation. Same for the next use of CB.
    Always... ALWAYS pool fury before use CB.
    I disagree with this.
    That being said, I have AotHG, so that does affect things. It may be that pooling fury on the pull could be helpful for folks without the ring, but none of the top DH parses in the world pool fury on the pull.

So, let me explain why i got so much haste.... i was very fury starved, i got other itens that increases my crit/mastery and lower my haste to 12%... also i just drop the second meta relic yesterday from guldan and now i got 90 sec meta reduction with relics...
    for the pool, should i use meta/cb/nemesis just after got at least 80 fury?

i just switch a few itens and got 41% crit, 10% haste and 31% mastery... but on simcraft it shows 644k dps
    with 38% crit, 17% haste and 27% mastery it shows 674k dps

i'm using /simc
    Last edited by Kroldan; 2017-03-17 at 05:20 PM.