Poll: Who is right?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    In private restrooms, I just sit. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Why would you not? "We've always done it this way" is a bad argument, and "it's less likely to cause issues like the one mentioned in this thread" is one of the many reasons why you should sit down. There is literally no reason TO stand up. It's not quicker, it's not cleaner. It's just that you can. When you were a cave man, there was a reason - maybe it lets you be more aware of your surroundings but that time has passed, you're not a cave man or an animal so stop acting like one and sit down.
    I'd say its easily way quicker.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Men should lower the seat after peeing so that women don't fall into the bowl when blindly sitting down on a toilet in the dark or without looking.

Women should leave the seat up after peeing so men don't otherwise spray piss everywhere when the stream hits the seat. It's only fair, if the standard of etiquette is to assume that functioning adults don't actually look at the present state of a toilet before attempting to use it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just pee in a thrash basket and dont touch the toilet. So obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It's still not quicker. Sorry, but it's just not. Sitting and standing can be done while doing other tasks (such as undoing a button) so they don't take any additional time. In fact, it eliminates that nightmare dudes have of getting their junk caught in a zipper. Which makes standing and unzipping EVEN WORSE compared to sitting.

Even if you said it was quicker, the whole standing/sitting/unzipping process takes at most a second or two, and the least, around a second. You would be literally saving fractions of a second. The fact that you've then spent time typing something up in an argument about whether you should sit or stand, you've immediately outweighed all the time savings that you have ever made in your life by standing, if you believe those time savings to exist, which they do not. You would save more time by sitting, and thus not having to get into arguments about sitting vs standing.
    First, doin it while standing is quicker. Just deal with it.
    Second, its not about speed, its about energy you save by peeing while you stay. Really, first sit, and then stand up ? How many calories i suppose to loose for this feminist shit?! Nah, i may need them to survive. Only hardcore peeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You should put the seat and cover down before flushing anyway, be civilised and don't get disgusting toilet spray everywhere.
    So after i've flushed, should i check to see if all the poop stains are gone? Usually it's all over the place when i'm done. So I should put the cover down, flush, lift the cover to check, put the cover down, flush again, lift the cover to check, start brushing, put the cover down, flush again, lift the cover to check, brush some more, put the cover down, flush, lift the cover to check....

How about no.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    So after i've flushed, should i check to see if all the poop stains are gone? Usually it's all over the place when i'm done. So I should put the cover down, flush, lift the cover to check, put the cover down, flush again, lift the cover to check, start brushing, put the cover down, flush again, lift the cover to check, brush some more, put the cover down, flush, lift the cover to check....

How about no.
    You flush like 5 times every time you poop?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'd say its easily way quicker.
    Is it quicker after adding the time of cleaning the whole toilet afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Men shouldn't pee while standing in the first place, at least in their own home when they live with other family members. Or if they absolutely have to (why??), also be on permanent bathroom/toilet-cleaning duty to compensate.

Sadly I can't find the slowmotion video, but even with perfect aim there is urine all around the toilet when you pee while standing. And depending on the type of toilet the splashback is even greater.

I thank god that i have the ability to comfortably relieve myself if I have to, be it on concerts or other huge events where public toilets are simply disgusting (hi Oktoberfest), but I just don't understand why you do it in your own home.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2017-03-17 at 02:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Cleaning is required only when women pee while standing. Most men can aim. In a rare case of WOAH EVERYWHERE IT GOES, it's fine to clean it. So it's statistically quicker anyway.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Most toilets have a bowl, a seat, and a cover.

When in use the toilet cover is up.

When not in use the toilet cover should be down.

I'm not a fan of standing before a toilet and hoping to urinate accurately enough to get most of it into the bowl and not everywhere else. I recommend sitting down when doing anything with a toilet in a home situation. The only reason I would not sit down is if the toilet is fantastically dirty or otherwise objectionable. If you are seated, accuracy will not generally be a problem.

If for whatever reason you make a mess, have the decency to clean it up.

Those are the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Men shouldn't pee while standing in the first place, at least in their own home when they live with other family members. Or if they absolutely have to (why??),
    If you know nothing about male anatomy just don't talk about it. It is easier for men to pee standing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I actually sit down and pee... :/ So this is a non-problem for me. But if you're living with a female, probably should put the seat down after you're done. Better yet everyone should close the toilet when you flush.
    Dam, surprised about all the close the lid. Wouldn't that cause water(mixed with pee and poo) to splash on the lid and transfer onto the seat?

Cleanest to me seems to lift up the seat flush and than do what you prefer. Having it splash outside of the toilet, well that's what standing up peeing does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Cleaning is required only when women pee while standing. Most men can aim. In a rare case of WOAH EVERYWHERE IT GOES, it's fine to clean it. So it's statistically quicker anyway.
    Someone already supplied the answer why, right after my post, saving me the time having to explain it Look:

Men shouldn't pee while standing in the first place, at least in their own home when they live with other family members. Or if they absolutely have to (why??), also be on permanent bathroom/toilet-cleaning duty to compensate.

Sadly I can't find the slowmotion video, but even with perfect aim there is urine all around the toilet when you pee while standing. And depending on the type of toilet the splashback is even greater.

I thank god that i have the ability to comfortably relieve myself if I have to, be it on concerts or other huge events where public toilets are simply disgusting (hi Oktoberfest), but I just don't understand why you do it in your own home.
    The same argument as for closing the lid before flushing, except this is worse mess on the toilet.

If you want me to be honest I generally always lower is anyways for hygiene purposes.

But yes - its still quicker. Since A) I routinely clean the toilet anyway and B) I don't piss everywhere like some wild animal.

If you know nothing about male anatomy just don't talk about it. It is easier for men to pee standing.
    If you have issues urinating while sitting you might want to seek medical help.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How much quicker? 10 seconds?

For me the main thing is the fact that some guys cannot aim properly, that pee splashes on the rim and on the floor and even if you aim perfectly they splash up from inside the toilet. Also to the floor - and actually little drops splash on your trousers.

If you have a few minutes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgOx7zPtsaM or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGOwYgIa5aQ

Which is all fair and good if you are the one who cleans the toilet or your SO doesn't mind. But if it is an issue between you and your SO, I'd say common courtesy and respect suggest that you also sit down. "Easy" "Fast" or "We have done it since forever" don't trump it.

If you take a shit and some of it sticks in the toilet after flushing, do you also leave that to the next one to take care off?
    I'm not debating those other things you brought up. Its factually quicker. I didn't say better in every way! (I put the cover down most of the time, but Erin saying its not quicker is just asinine)

- - - Updated - - -

No, its just easier, and quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone already supplied the answer why, right after my post, saving me the time having to explain it Look:
    No valid answer has been supplied. Not to mention I asked no question.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a healthy man it is easier to pee while standing. Doesn't mean that doing it while sitting is hard. What confused you so much that you turned this into a personal argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    you should be closing it when you flush anyway.
    That's bullshit. What you should do is to buy a proper toilet with proper flush.

No valid answer has been supplied. Not to mention I asked no question.
    It was a valid reason against peeing while standing. Just because you don't care about hygiene, doesn't make it less so. It just highlights your interest in hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If you pee while standing, you lift the seat.

And always, I mean always, when you leave the toilet, you lower the seat AND close the lid.
    No. You are wrong .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig