Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    How is the multiplayer aspect of the game? Not very interested in single player games.
    Basic hordemode. It's solid extra to go alongside the singleplayer game, but don't get Mass Effect for Multiplayer only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    She honestly looks like an edgy petulant teenager, and every female Ryder so far has looked like this. I'd more expect her to snap pictures of her food/coffee and share it with her basic bitch friends, than drive the future of humanity.

Fem Shep was a badass woman who took care of business. That's the type of female protagonist I can empathize with in a space exploration/survival RPG.
    Shepard is probably my all-time favorite game character for exactly those reasons.

Having said that, Sara isn't meant to be another Femshep. Thankfully none of her dialogue seems like 'whiny angsty 20s millennial' - there's a couple of lines where she yells when she should be speaking at normal volume, but otherwise I think FemRyder's dialogue is a strong point of this game so far.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I loved Inquisition. Yeah, some of the side quests leaned a little too far into 'MMO fetch' territory but the game as a whole was excellent IMO.
    Dragon Age: Inquisition for me was a good game, I like it more than most.

Only gripes I had with that game were that it didn't need to be an open world, the storytelling and characters in that game was so good that the open world wasted our time with pointless side quests and took out of the main story. Also the melee combat and the combat in general I wasnt a fan of.

why are games these days becoming single player looking MMO's. They don't need to be, less is more Bioware, not everything needs to be grand! Don't over do everything... l
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Basic hordemode. It's solid extra to go alongside the singleplayer game, but don't get Mass Effect for Multiplayer only.
    ME3 MP was where its at! Andromeda's seems like more of the same but with more mobility/verticality thanks to the jump-jets.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

ME3 MP was where its at! Andromeda's seems like more of the same but with more mobility/verticality thanks to the jump-jets.
    Yeah, it's basically the exact same thing, but with ME:A's combat engine. It's nice but I'm not sure that the MP alone would be worth the 60 $ purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Can you elaborate on this a bit i know that it said upload character data on creation but when i try to access the import feature or the Mass Effect Archives via the browser it doesnt work for me ? or am i missing something.
    You can upload your character to a type of database. We can't import anything from it, I guess because the feature will only be available after the official launch.

I believe they said something about a website, similar to Dragon Age Keep, where you can select from all the Ryders made and exported into the database and use them on your game.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    finally got around to pre-order this today from origin, got the deluxe edition! so hyped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    You can upload your character to a type of database. We can't import anything from it, I guess because the feature will only be available after the official launch.

I believe they said something about a website, similar to Dragon Age Keep, where you can select from all the Ryders made and exported into the database and use them on your game.
    It's the Mass Effect Face-Saves website integrated into their game. Okay, credit there, I always love it when game developers pick up on popular fan concepts (especially simple ones) and work them into their game.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Dragon Age: Inquisition for me was a good game, I like it more than most.

Only gripes I had with that game were that it didn't need to be an open world, the storytelling and characters in that game was so good that the open world wasted our time with pointless side quests and took out of the main story. Also the melee combat and the combat in general I wasnt a fan of.

why are games these days becoming single player looking MMO's. They don't need to be, less is more Bioware, not everything needs to be grand! Don't over do everything... l
    Actually the open world is one of the things that I liked about Inquisition, but I'm a sucker for open world games. I have a crap ton of hours played across various Elder Scrolls games, Fallout games, MMOs, etc. Inquisition being similar to these open world games was a big plus for me, having your companions along and hearing them talking with each other and sometimes you made the experience better as well in my opinion.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-17 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Calling it badly written is still an opinion, just saying. I didn't think it was badly written.
    There are rules to writing you know, you can't just introduce a villain to a story, then have him barely mentioned during the game and then suddenly you fight him at the end. That's objectively bad writing, because it's a rushed story and there's no build up to the final encounter.

DA:Origins and the original ME trilogy are examples of good writing, because the threat was built up during the entirety of the games, the places felt connected to the main plot and the pacing was just right.

Now whether or not that'll be the case for Andromeda remains to be seen.

15+ Year Old Account

Its https://masseffectarchives.com/en_US/ though it is not live yet.

It is also worth noting that people can grab the Apex HQ app if you are in Canada, Ireland, Romania and Singapore or just grab the apk from APK Mirror if you are on Android in another country.

Get a head start on strike missions and collecting loot boxes for MP.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-03-17 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear... Someone forgot to tell Aaryn Flynn about the game.

(just some tweets, not a meme, plis don't ban)

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    There are rules to writing you know, you can't just introduce a villain to a story, then have him barely mentioned during the game and then suddenly you fight him at the end. That's objectively bad writing, because it's a rushed story and there's no build up to the final encounter.

DA:Origins and the original ME trilogy are examples of good writing, because the threat was built up during the entirety of the games, the places felt connected to the main plot and the pacing was just right.

Inquisition is a complicated example because the writing in there is all over the place.

On the one hand, yes, their handling of the villain and the menace he represented was handled terribly. Plus the whole thing with Solas and Tresspasser REALLY should have been part of the main game, rather than relegated to a DLC.

There was no gravitas to Corypheous, he never felt menacing, he was introduced with little to no build-up, then quickly forgotten, never showing up again after the destruction of haven, people kept saying "ohhh he's planning something, ohhh he's gonna take over the world", but it never FELT like he was actually taking over the world, it never FELT like he was doing anything. I thought the plot was okay (not great, just okay) from the start, up to the destruction of haven, and the arrival in skyhold. Up to that point, I was fine with the story.

But then everything after Skyhold was just a massive let down, and truth be told, I had to push myself to continue if nothing else, because I don't like leaving games unfinished. I finished it because of duty, not because of compelling, or because I was left eager for more.

But then there's other elements of Inquisition that were MUCH better handled. Almost all of the conversations were pretty good, there are a lot of really nice emotional moments, the humor was spectacular (Except for anything involving Sera, good god its like they brought the writers of south park for her) and I actually liked the backstory of most of the party members (with some exceptions).

There's a lot of moments where the writing is top notch, but then there are so many others were its just dismal.

They really fucked up the antagonist though, and that's a capital sin in storytelling. Every story needs a good antagonist to drive the plot forward. Its a 2-man job between protagonist and antagonist. A story without conflict is a boring story. This is why in every soap opera, there's the rival girl vying for the affection of the romantic lead with the protagonist, why every hero needs a villain, blah blah blah. Fuck up the antagonist ,and you fuck up teh conflict. Fuck up the conflict, and the tying factor between every plot thread falls apart.

That right there was Inquisition's biggest weakness. But it wasn't 100% poorly written (Frankly, it would have been a MUCH finer game if Corypheous just died during the Siege of Haven, and then Solas/Flemmeth took the center stage for the rest of the game, as opposed to all that shit in Tresspasser. That'd be a nice bait&switch. "Ohh the big demony dude is your main antagonist? ZZZT WRONG, the real antagonist was under your nose the whole time.)

Inquisition is a complicated example because the writing in there is all over the place.

On the one hand, yes, their handling of the villain and the menace he represented was handled terribly. Plus the whole thing with Solas and Tresspasser REALLY should have been part of the main game, rather than relegated to a DLC.

There was no gravitas to Corypheous, he never felt menacing, he was introduced with little to no build-up, then quickly forgotten, never showing up again after the destruction of haven, people kept saying "ohhh he's planning something, ohhh he's gonna take over the world", but it never FELT like he was actually taking over the world, it never FELT like he was doing anything. I thought the plot was okay (not great, just okay) from the start, up to the destruction of haven, and the arrival in skyhold. Up to that point, I was fine with the story.

But then everything after Skyhold was just a massive let down, and truth be told, I had to push myself to continue if nothing else, because I don't like leaving games unfinished. I finished it because of duty, not because of compelling, or because I was left eager for more.

But then there's other elements of Inquisition that were MUCH better handled. Almost all of the conversations were pretty good, there are a lot of really nice emotional moments, the humor was spectacular (Except for anything involving Sera, good god its like they brought the writers of south park for her) and I actually liked the backstory of most of the party members (with some exceptions).

There's a lot of moments where the writing is top notch, but then there are so many others were its just dismal.

They really fucked up the antagonist though, and that's a capital sin in storytelling. Every story needs a good antagonist to drive the plot forward. Its a 2-man job between protagonist and antagonist. A story without conflict is a boring story. This is why in every soap opera, there's the rival girl vying for the affection of the romantic lead with the protagonist, why every hero needs a villain, blah blah blah. Fuck up the antagonist ,and you fuck up teh conflict. Fuck up the conflict, and the tying factor between every plot thread falls apart.

That right there was Inquisition's biggest weakness. But it wasn't 100% poorly written (Frankly, it would have been a MUCH finer game if Corypheous just died during the Siege of Haven, and then Solas/Flemmeth took the center stage for the rest of the game, as opposed to all that shit in Tresspasser. That'd be a nice bait&switch. "Ohh the big demony dude is your main antagonist? ZZZT WRONG, the real antagonist was under your nose the whole time.)
    I agree that Corypheus was underdeveloped but when i think of him i always think of the first encounter in haven with him, his voice actor did a mighty fine job in that conversation in my opinion....this one line of the sort of " for i have seen the makers throne and it was empty " or something alike with his voice was just bad ass.

In hindsight to Solas, now that hes established as a Villain for DA4, i think he will be really great in it since we had a whole game to get him to know.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-03-17 at 02:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I agree that Corypheus was underdeveloped but when i think of him i always think of the first encounter in haven with him, his voice actor did a mighty fine job in that conversation in my opinion....this one line of the sort of " for i have seen the makers throne and it was empty " or something alike with his voice was just bad ass.

In hindsight to Solas, now that hes established as a Villain for DA4, i think he will be really great in it since we had a whole game to get him to know.
    We got to know Cory in DA2's DLC
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    We got to know Cory in DA2's DLC
    Therein lies the problem.

The main villain of the vanilla campaign in Inquisition was introduced in a DLC for a previous game.

And then the REAL villain pulling the strings from the shadows was confronted in yet another DLC.

What's the point in making a game if all the important story bits are gonna be in DLC? That's like bethesda only allowing you to fight Alduin in a DLC. Skyrim had a self-contained story that could be experienced start to finish in the base game. Their DLCs were good, but what happened on them was also self-contained.

Mass Effect was much the same. As amazing as Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker were, those two villains had nothing to do with the main plot. As good, great and FUCKING SPECTACULAR respective as Omega, Leviathan and Citadel were in ME3, their villains were also self-contained.

But with dragon age, you got one MASSIVE villain introduced in a DLC, and then another that is only confronted in another DLC.

DLC should be optional, it should enhance the game, not be mandatory for its enjoyment. A game should be able to stand on its own without needing DLCs to prop it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    If you're looking for MP only, ME:A isn't really for you. ME:A has fun multiplayer from the 3ish hours I played of it but it's basically horde mode with a few objectives thrown in. There's a lot of variety in builds and weapons and stuff but it won't be enough to interest someone who is only looking for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Thanks for the answers. It confirms what I have read in other reviews/forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Images are no good boys, the mods have to save bandwidth by any means.
    See, if you just Post URLs though, -Edge'll let it slide. :>

http://i.imgur.com/U8jiWYw.gif

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Oh dear... Someone forgot to tell Aaryn Flynn about the game.

(just some tweets, not a meme, plis don't ban)
    LUL Aaryn you know better than to play dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

DLC should be optional, it should enhance the game, not be mandatory for its enjoyment. A game should be able to stand on its own without needing DLCs to prop it up.
    I've felt this way about how Blizzard feels OK with revealing story points and transitions in books.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post

Mostly everything after Haven had you thwarting the plans of Corypheus and his underlings so I don't understand the issue about him barely being mentioned. We might not have dealt with him face to face much after Haven until towards the end, but his presence was definitely felt in other ways. Thanks for elaborating on what you meant by bad writing though, I'm going to have to disagree with you though in regards to Inquisition.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-17 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    See, if you just Post URLs though, -Edge'll let it slide. :>

http://i.imgur.com/U8jiWYw.gif

LUL Aaryn you know better than to play dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

I've felt this way about how Blizzard feels OK with revealing story points and transitions in books.
    Or worse for WOD have them ONLY revealed in books. Where if you play the game you will literally have no clue how things got to where they are and it is never explained in game anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I played ME3 multi for over a year. It looks like andromeda is in a similar vein. The thing that made ME3 last so well is they were really agressive about adding content to multi for free. They added a fair amount of new maps/objectives weapons and new classes/species. Near the near the end of their free DLC cycle there were some hilarious additions like geth juggernaut who just plays a lot different than anything prior to that. The forumula worked well in ME3 lets see if they can capture that magic again.