Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Eggs cap at 20, sadly. The (major) upside to eggs are that they tend to have better IVs (each stat will be 10-15 rather than the usual 1-15). Wild Pokemon cap at level 30. When a pokemon spawns, it will be the same for every person who is the same level. A level 25 person may find a 2200 Snorlax, a 26 person may find it to be only 100. However, the max they will find it to be is based on their level, so higher levels generally find better stuff. People 30-40 will all see the same CP.
    Ah, cheers for the clarification. I know that same lvl trainers find same CP mons while lower lvl can find higher CP in some cases (happened to me and my wife several times, either case), just wasn't sure if there is a final cap. From one PoV it sucks that you have to spend much more dust on leveling them, on the other hand at least you know that from 30 onwards you can just keep the great IV 'mons without the fear that next time you get that 97% IV one it'll has also higher lvl. So yeah...

For a case anyone has missed this, a new event has begun 'bout 12 mins ago. Go get your Laprases people!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    A new event has been announced for Pokémon GO. Starting from today at 20:00 UTC until March 29th 2017 a special Water Festival event will be held. This event has Water-type Pokémon including Squirtle, Totodile and Magikarp. Water-type Pokémon will be more common in areas they usually spawn. In addition to that, a special Magikarp hat will be available during the time

Don't get your hopes up for a Lapras, though the odds are up, you'll probably still need to be near the ocean to find it.

I should say, however, that because I live in the mountains, I rarely see water types, that I managed to get over 300 Magikarp candies so far (partly thanks to Pinap berries). I got my second Gyarados. It took that long. I hope to get a third during the event.

By the way, the first shinies are out: Magikarp and Gyarados. I haven't seen any, but they're out there.

This event is pretty cool; I had been working on trying to get enough magicarp candies for a gyrados for awhile now just by walking, hopefully with pinap berries and this event I might be able to get the last ~100 candies I need this week. Haven't seen any shiny things yet tho, but I've never seen a gyrados in the wild at all either, so I imagine both are pretty rare.

I got my shiny magicarp think 5 mins into the event, though quite bad IV. But hey, it's yellow it counts... also finally got enough candies for my first gyarados \o/ Just need some high IV 'carp first.

And nope, no Lapras still...

15+ Year Old Account
    Got a ditto when I caught a random pidgey this morning which was very surprising.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Yeah those lil pink buggers mask themselves as something remotely useful quite often. Pity they are totally useless atm.

btw reminds me how some ppl found shiny 'karp during the water event just to get ditto when they caught it. Quite nasty surprise that one

Why doesn't this game do weekend events?
    Bug catching, fishing, safari, fashion, battle house, etc
    You have an extremely rich poke-lore that is pretty much missing.

Also, why hasn't combat been improved?
    You would think something like mike tyson punchout style fighting would have replaced the mad tapping by now.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Why doesn't this game do weekend events?
    Bug catching, fishing, safari, fashion, battle house, etc
    You have an extremely rich poke-lore that is pretty much missing.

Also, why hasn't combat been improved?
    You would think something like mike tyson punchout style fighting would have replaced the mad tapping by now.
    It's the result you get when you are given a very strict timeline for a game that isn't anywhere near ready for release. From what I understand, they've spent much of the past year just fixing their rushed code to be something that had room for growth, because their original product didn't. They also vastly underestimated the popularity (which is their fault, really. I mean, it's Pokemon). Hopefully once they get their code to a place they can work with it, they can focus more on features like that. The next big thing is going to be a gym rework. I'm hoping that includes changes to combat, but who can know? Also, they do have events every few weeks. We had a water event and grass event, neither really tied to any major holidays. Just there for people to get new stuff.

I'm sure there will be stuff like you mentioned, but it's going to be quite some time. They just have more important things to work on that players have been demanding first.

I doubt there would ever be events every weekend, it's considered casual game after all. Beweekly, maybe. Though to be fair as Seegtease has already said, there have been several events since beginning this year, the last one weekend long only which finished last Monday. And frankly this pace I'm fine with. If there would be event every weekend one would get easily overwhelmed and it would start being tedious really fast.

More to the point, as has already been said as well, they're working hard on gym revamp (it's expected to hit the game in the really near future), trying to solve spoofers/botters problem (which is the reason trading hasn't been implemented yet, at least according to Niantic) and based on recent code changes within the game, plan to release raids alike in-game events soon too.

And last but not least they got own representatives on reddit as well as new active customer support twitter account which seems to be active as well. So finally some sort of communication with the community, which is quite a progress considering it's Niantic we're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    .... and still pretty much unplayable for rural players ~ welp, maybe next year =/
    You just need to stop being lazy and move to a city, gosh!

*sigh* rural life

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    .... and still pretty much unplayable for rural players ~ welp, maybe next year =/
    Unfortunately, since we make up such a small percentage of the population, they have no reason to prioritize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Unfortunately, since we make up such a small percentage of the population, they have no reason to prioritize it.
    Well, we actually wouldn't if the game was playable in rural areas. People don't play because it's not playable, not because they're not interested.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, we actually wouldn't if the game was playable in rural areas. People don't play because it's not playable, not because they're not interested.
    There are still much less people living in the woods than in cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There are still much less people living in the woods than in cities.
    Rural/suburban aren't really "living in the woods", yet both really suck when it comes to this game.

Granted, that doesn't even touch upon the plethora of issues with this game.

Chicago event coming up and gym rework incoming as well. And exactly zero details on either right now. I'll never understand why this company is so against communicating their plans. I can understand not wanting to give an eta, or even an idea of whats happening until like a month before. However, not having Any information on the Chicago event when tickets are planned to be Sold this Monday is horrible. Makes it hard to decide if its worth going or trying to get time off from work for.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know, Has any other game (including mobile) Had the amount of user drop the game as this one?

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/03/the...ed-by-over-80/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Does anyone know, Has any other game (including mobile) Had the amount of user drop the game as this one?

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/03/the...ed-by-over-80/
    probably. if any mobile game was ever as popular as pokemon go to begin with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm this Fire and ice type event seems to be off I'm getting mostly water types.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"