Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    You think you want total homogenization until you get it. Then you're bored because everything basically does the same thing in every situation. Legendary effects certainly could use some refining, but situational use items add variety, character, and complexity to your gameplay.

If you truly don't want niche, then what you should be really asking for is just a bunch of stat sticks for various equipment slots. I'm not sure there's a big appetite for such simplicity, especially with something that's supposed to be "legendary."

edit: come to think of it, doesn't 7.2 bring a bunch of stat-stick legendaries? So looks like Blizzard has caved to this feedback. We'll see how people like it I guess. I, for one, like swapping out a few pieces of gear based on the encounter. Wearing the same shit on every boss, raid vs. M+ seems incredibly dull.
    What I've stated proposes anything but homogenization. It changes rotation based on what you have. Niche situations are few and far between and there's already plenty of legendaries that work in all situations so no matter how much you buff these particular legendary for those niche situations, it'll always remain worse than the ones that work in all. Not to mention, really, there aren't that many niche situations to begin with and single target items will always win. Single target legendaries retain strength with more adds present. AoE/Cleave legendaries will always be weaker (and useless) if there's only enemy.

On the other hand, if you have legendaries that buff that particular ability it focuses on for ALL situations, it has the potential to change rotations, talent builds, etc. which adds to that variety you so cherish moreso than the few niche situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    4% ring seems just fair compared to 3% cynidaria, which is neutral and KJC, which is pretty close to cyni too, but grows exponentially stronger on aoe. and you vastly underestimate plenty of legendaries if you think 4% from ring is anywhere near broken, especially when other havoc legendaries are extremely underwhelming as it is
    Never said the ring is really broken. But it has the greatest effect on your dps and on your enjoyment of the class in almost every situation and I don't think it's good to have that if your chance of getting it in a reasonable time is 20%. Screwing over most of the players is not a great system. I'd rather have them bake effects that effect the enjoyment of your class into the spec, make all legendaries niche in some form, all utility based or have you chose which legendary to get.
    The proposed changes are a step in the right direction, but being fury starved is never fun - especially if there is an item right there, that could help you with this problem, but you just don't have because you got unlucky.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2017-03-17 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    Never said the ring is really broken. But it has the greatest effect on your dps and on your enjoyment of the class in almost every situation and I don't think it's good to have that if your chance of getting it in a reasonable time is 20%. Screwing over most of the players is not a great system. I'd rather have them bake effects that effect the enjoyment of your class into the spec, make all legendaries niche in some form, all utility based or have you chose which legendary to get.
    The proposed changes are a step in the right direction, but being fury starved is never fun - especially if there is an item right there, that could help you with this problem, but you just don't have because you got unlucky.
    you are fury starved with ring, too, just somewhat less often, thats inherent problem of demon blades having 4! RNG parts in our fury gen (and ring only affecting one of those), you still fill blanks in rotation with TG, you still get shitty openers where demon blades dont want to proc, ever, you still are heavily dependant on crit rng and you still want to tear your hair out when you go entire 15 seconds between two felblades without a single demon blade proc, please, dont make ring something its not...

and while true, they nerfed howling blast legendary for DKs, you gotta realize it was way more universal than ours, the ring is predominantly ST legendary and adds pretty much nothing to aoe, as our aoe/cleave is almost exclusively CD based, not resource based unless you run, for some reason, chaos cleave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you are fury starved with ring, too, just somewhat less often, thats inherent problem of demon blades having 4! RNG parts in our fury gen (and ring only affecting one of those), you still fill blanks in rotation with TG, you still get shitty openers where demon blades dont want to proc, ever, you still are heavily dependant on crit rng and you still want to tear your hair out when you go entire 15 seconds between two felblades without a single demon blade proc, please, dont make ring something its not...

and while true, they nerfed howling blast legendary for DKs, you gotta realize it was way more universal than ours, the ring is predominantly ST legendary and adds pretty much nothing to aoe, as our aoe/cleave is almost exclusively CD based, not resource based unless you run, for some reason, chaos cleave
    What's your point? I never said the ring solves all problems and if you read closely I focussed mostly on the fun part of the ring not the dps benefit, be it single target or AoE. While the frost DK helmet may be strong it really does not affect your gameplay. And while the ring may not be as strong as most people make it out to be every time you get fury starved not having the ring you think to yourself would it have happened if I had the ring?
    My point is, that it's a lot easier dealing with bad legendary dropps if you're not constantly being reminded of it. And trying to fix design flaws of a class (successful or not) with a legendary based on such a random system is bad. I could deal with having to have a specific set bonus to enjoy the spec in the past since you could actually see your progression towards it. I and I assume most people would prefer a legendary that smoothes gameplay over a simple stat stick in most situations, if it offered the same benefits in terms of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    And while the ring may not be as strong as most people make it out to be every time you get fury starved not having the ring you think to yourself would it have happened if I had the ring?
    absolutely. thats why the ring is heavily overrated. mostly, you are fury starved when CS wont crit or when DB wont proc, ring doesnt help with either of those and when DBs proc back to back, youre sitting at alot of fury anyway and the second you dont, you have felblade to fall back on

the difference between ring and non-ring is when you have normal RNG, every other AAs proc DB, you have mediocre fury gains, then you feel it, when you can spam your abilities, but see the fury bar closing on zero, but are able to squeeze sometimes an extra CS before you get frustrated and mutter under your breath all the curses you know before you grudgingly press that TG button...

And for the record, Im not even against changes to our gameplay, I have been, for months now, advocating DBlades having 100% chance to proc for 60% ammount to smooth out the gameplay without massive swings we have now and change the ring to be 60% chance to proc from autoattacks instead of Dblades, to keep it RNG