Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

BOE's in guild runs

Hi guys, I was just wondering what stance your guild have towards BOE loot drops. My guild is semi-casual (only 5/10 mythic) but we require all the BOE drops to be traded to an officer, this has caused some friction with some people who think it is 'my loot' because they have little gold etc. However, we do provide flasks,food and enchants to raiders. It seems to me this is fair, but does anyone do it differently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Given you're 5/10 Mythic, your guild is more than capable of selling heroic/normal runs without a care. I think your officer core are greedy and need to let people have their BoEs. Besides, gold is one of the easiest things to make now and there;s zero reason they should be hoarding BoE's. I can farm up enough mats to flask, food and pot every pull for two or more weeks (depending on procs) with just a few hours of farming.

We let our raiders do as the please with their BoEs, it's their loot. I can see where people would come from if repairs, flasks, food and all that are provided by the guild, but we do all that as well and still let people keep their loot. Gold is not hard to come by.

The only thing that really ends up bothering me though is guilds that require trading of a BoE even if it is an UPGRADE to the person who got it, that shouldn't happen.

Our guild did that until we started selling normal clears on personal loot. Once we did that, we stopped asking for BoEs. If your guild is paying for everything and has no source of income, BoE selling is fine. If players don't like it, stop paying for their mats and tell them to bring their own shit and the guild will stop taking BoEs.

we recently decided to use BOE for raid upgrades, if its an upgrade for someone then they get it, if noone needs it, we put it in the GBank and it then gets sold to buy mats and other stuff for cauldrons, vantus runes, etc. From what i have noticed noone has anything against that kind of BOE distribution.

Ask if anyone needs it, if not, sell it on AH. As easy as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    I wouldn't call a 5/10 mythic guild semi-casual.

However having said that, it would depend on the purpose of trading it to an officer: if it is an upgrade for another raider im not surprised, if its just for gold then I think its fair game for individual raiders to keep it.

I was personally in a top ~700 guild where we had a policy that people got to keep their epics, but most of the time people would voluntarily ask if it was an upgrade for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    Given you're 5/10 Mythic, your guild is more than capable of selling heroic/normal runs without a care. I think your officer core are greedy and need to let people have their BoEs. Besides, gold is one of the easiest things to make now and there;s zero reason they should be hoarding BoE's. I can farm up enough mats to flask, food and pot every pull for two or more weeks (depending on procs) with just a few hours of farming.
    Yes, players CAN farm their own mats but that's not relevant to this dicscussion. It has nothing to do with greed if the officers are paying for every enchant flask potion and food buff for an entire 20man raid. That shits expensive.

Ignore the clowns that have no clue how to run a guild. You stated that the guild you're in provides flask, food AND enchants for your raiders. The gold has to come from somewhere, and in this case it's BoE's. While they should use those BoE to gear up people who actually need it, when there's no one needing it they should be sold and put into the gbank. You did not farm that BoE by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    I wouldn't call a 5/10 mythic guild semi-casual.

However having said that, it would depend on the purpose of trading it to an officer: if it is an upgrade for another raider im not surprised, if its just for gold then I think its fair game for individual raiders to keep it.

I was personally in a top ~700 guild where we had a policy that people got to keep their epics, but most of the time people would voluntarily ask if it was an upgrade for someone else.
    That's more often how it ends up, "Hey anyone need this?" and a couple of hands go up. Almost none of the BoEs are sold until everyone is geared out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Ignore the clowns that have no clue how to run a guild. You stated that the guild you're in provides flask, food AND enchants for your raiders. The gold has to come from somewhere, and in this case it's BoE's.
    Except any guild worth their salt isn't buying all these things, they have someone with more time then others who enjoys providing them. Every guild I've been in over the years has had at least one of these people, hell one had a person who ONLY enjoyed farming things in the game, didn't do anything else (we got them raid mounts for their effort).

We also have people who regularly deposit gold in the GBank, including officers and raiders, a well run guild doesn't need to sell BoE epics to survive.

Deleted
    We don't enforce it being given to an officer, but we do let everyone roll on it, if it's actually pretty good.

If nobody wants it? They can keep it. Obviously with a small reminder, that the guild-bank would really like some of the gold too. (but again - very much optional).

Edit - obviously we let them roll on the item, because they need it. Not because they need gold of course.
    Last edited by mmoc8d59f12786; 2017-03-17 at 05:29 PM.

that's hardcore douchebaggery shit your guild officers are pulling.

I'm in a mythic guild and if someone loots a BOE item it's theirs to keep, most of the time they'll give it to someone if it's an upgrade to them or just sell it on the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual guild, so we let people do what they want. Typically if it's an upgrade for a main they'll trade it, or if someone wants it for an alt they'll make it cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're 5/10 mythic too, our policy is do whatever you want with it. That generally means people trading to the officers/putting it in the guild bank, but there's also the people who just put it on the AH because money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Ignore the clowns that have no clue how to run a guild. You stated that the guild you're in provides flask, food AND enchants for your raiders. The gold has to come from somewhere, and in this case it's BoE's. While they should use those BoE to gear up people who actually need it, when there's no one needing it they should be sold and put into the gbank. You did not farm that BoE by yourself.
    Our guild does the same though. Those things are donated to the guild bank by an officer who has way too much free time

My raid team had two policies about BoE drops:
    If you are raider or higher, you trade them to officer to put it on RLC or sell it to AH if nobody needs it and we use that money for Vantus runes/Guild repairs.
    If you are social (we invited few socials in our heroic runs) or trial, you get to keep them.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    BoEs in our guild go to me, and once we reach a boss I see if anybody can actually use it for an upgrade. If not, it goes into the guild bank to be sold.

Lots of reasons for this, but why would you allow one person to potentially get lucky and get multiple BoEs over a tier, while others don't? They get gold because of RNG while the rest of your raid doesn't? Considering most guilds hand out loot in some kind of organized fashion, personal loot for BoEs is kind of counter productive to the whole process. I can understand it for pugs, but it's an annoying change in organized guilds (IMO).

I can understand not caring if your guild provides nothing of value (in regards to consumables) or that you exclusively run on personal loot anyway, but our guild for instance basically provides everything but potions. Augments, vantus, food and flasks are all covered by the guild and it's our way of making sure that people are always prepared (because we supply everything) for any individual raid night. It averages out in the long run and prevents anybody from being incredibly lucky if we just FFA BoEs and goes towards a common goal.. which is killing bosses. We would provide potions too, but 3/4 of the classes in the game use prolonged potions which are pretty cheap in comparison.

Gold unless you're at the very cutting edge or do a load of sales, is pretty hard to come by during progression times so BoEs help early on in a tier to keep consumable costs down. We make most of our gold at the end of an expansion or during the couple month break before the next tier. Legion essentially bankrupted us even though we entered with over 15 million gold, simply because consumables were really fucking expensive.

Note all of this is on Mythic for us, where the BoEs there potentially fetch a pretty high price. When we do heroic typically people still ask if it's an upgrade for anybody, but for those we really don't care what people do with them. Same with casual people within guild that usually come to heroic clears to boost loot. Normally they give us BoEs anyway instead of selling them as a thank you for the easy runs, but we don't really pressure casuals or pugs to give BoEs to us because we get the benefit of them boosting loot for us, as such, they can keep them if they want.

State the rules and if folks are OK with it, they stay. If they don't like it, they leave. Shouldn't be much conversation after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone mention earlier, rule in my guild is the following: If someone in raid needs it the items goes to that player (ofc, he has to equip it). If no one needs it, it goes to guild bank for some time. Everyone in the guild is noted about the item and other players can purchase it from our bank for 50% of AH price. If no one from the guild wants the item, our officer who is in charge of guild finances sells the item and deposits the gold into guild bank.

Our guild bank provides consumables for everyone in raid and guild repairs are up for everyone. Everything is transparent here, guild members know where the gold went.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    Hi guys, I was just wondering what stance your guild have towards BOE loot drops. My guild is semi-casual (only 5/10 mythic) but we require all the BOE drops to be traded to an officer, this has caused some friction with some people who think it is 'my loot' because they have little gold etc. However, we do provide flasks,food and enchants to raiders. It seems to me this is fair, but does anyone do it differently?
    My first question is, what are the officers doing with it? We used to trade all BoEs to an officer who would put them in the guild bank. Then you could request the item after the raid. It allowed people who sat to get a chance as well.

Second question: how does anyone, in this age of WoW, have little money? Especially when food/flasks/enchants are provided.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Because food/flasks/enchants aren't always provided?