Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Seconding this. Starting out with Fury recently, I am also wondering this, assuming no belt:

2-targets: Only use WW to cleave Rampage? Not BT?
    3-targets: Replace FS so essentially cleaving every Rampage and almost every BT. Do we intentionally cleave BT when we normally wouldn't use a FS at that time? For example BT, 100 rage, WW, Rampage, RB, BT is back up. Do we WW to cleave that BT?
    4-7: WW in place of every RB and FS, so cleaving almost every BT and definitely every Rampage. Same question as above, do we want to cleave BT when we don't have Meat Cleaver and when there's no FS/RB up next.
    8+: No questions asked.

I also assume we are dropping Execute in this AoE priority unless there's a priority target that simply needs to die asap. Do we drop Execute as of 2 targets or only on higher mob counts?
    another doubt that i have with AOE is if with belt i should use BT on CD with 3 targets or if a should WW until enrange drops if i get a BT crit and if when i reach 100 rage and use rampage i should use BT in CD again or just WW until FB and enrage drops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    So i see more people than me asking how to figure out relics. I don't know how to sim a relic? Can someone explain this to me?
    easy mode:

https://raidbots.com/simbot/relic

We need some help about AOE question (see previous post) !!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyl View Post
    We need some help about AOE question (see previous post) !!
    It's stated in the guide already.

• If there are two targets, use the regular rotation, along with Whirlwind before you would normally use Rampage.
    • If there are three targets, use the regular rotation, but use Whirlwind anytime you would otherwise use Furious Slash.
    • If there are three targets and you have the legendary belt, also use Whirlwind anytime you would otherwise use Raging Blow.
    • If there are four targets, do all of the above.

Those are the only changes; don't over think it, don't worry about cleaving this, that or the other, simply follow the same ruleset swapping abilities as appropriate. You're still using Rampage at 100 rage, you're still using BT essentially on CD, you're still stacking CDs.

Deleted
    hi guys i got my angry hat a few days ago...
    should i play hat/cloak or hat/ring?
    my sims are the same right about now with ring/guldan chest or cloak t-chest.

what do you think ring is too much rng cloak is solid but crap stats with tchest.

whats your opinions?

have nice day peaze

Deleted
    Greetings fellow fury warriors!

Right now i have 3 legendaries, the shoulders, ayala's and the boots.
    I love the shoulders and never taking them off again, My question is. Should i use ayala or use the boots?

Ayala has a good effect but all the crit on it seems like a waste, i can get a good haste/mastery stat stick or a lucky war/titanforge Collapse ring from kara instead.(got the CoS ring)
    On top of that, the boots are haste/mastery and give a good amount of strength(a whopping 800 extra). The movement speed is a very very minor dps increase(3jumps, 2charges) eventho the speed itself feels nice to have.

I've got 4p and convergence of fate (further reducing crit's effectiveness).

i know Ayala is supposed to be good, but don't the extra/better optimized stats balance this out?

Thanks in advance!

Assume we are currently sitting at X amt of rage and BC comes off cd. When does it become better to hold BC for a few seconds to get an extra rampage/FB proc, or is it always better to use BC on CD? I always found myself wondering that when I am at around 50 rage when BC becomes avalible. Should i just bc and "waste" 50rage or hold till i get an extra rampage/fb proc then bc after the rampage.

I found it hard to sim this situation, was wondering if any of you have the answer off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's stated in the guide already.

• If there are two targets, use the regular rotation, along with Whirlwind before you would normally use Rampage.
    • If there are three targets, use the regular rotation, but use Whirlwind anytime you would otherwise use Furious Slash.
    • If there are three targets and you have the legendary belt, also use Whirlwind anytime you would otherwise use Raging Blow.
    • If there are four targets, do all of the above.

Those are the only changes; don't over think it, don't worry about cleaving this, that or the other, simply follow the same ruleset swapping abilities as appropriate. You're still using Rampage at 100 rage, you're still using BT essentially on CD, you're still stacking CDs.
    If you don't mind clarifying because I'm not quiet fluent enough to just pull it out of the APL, I assume that WW before Rampage is independent of whether or not you're already rage capped.

For example, I RB putting me to 100 Rage, then whirlwind before hitting Rampage, rather than hitting WW and rage capping from AA, then Rampaging, delaying RB.

Deleted
    This guy http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Horizon/simple is using wrecking ball in place of avatar.Is it an encounter specific thing or is wb actually a better all around choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebananas View Post
    hi guys i got my angry hat a few days ago...
    should i play hat/cloak or hat/ring?
    my sims are the same right about now with ring/guldan chest or cloak t-chest.

what do you think ring is too much rng cloak is solid but crap stats with tchest.

whats your opinions?

have nice day peaze
    Sims being equal, I'd probably favor the cloak because it's easier (one less button in the rotation), and the cloak does more on multi-target.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortus View Post
    If you don't mind clarifying because I'm not quiet fluent enough to just pull it out of the APL, I assume that WW before Rampage is independent of whether or not you're already rage capped.

For example, I RB putting me to 100 Rage, then whirlwind before hitting Rampage, rather than hitting WW and rage capping from AA, then Rampaging, delaying RB.
    Correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apojaja View Post
    Assume we are currently sitting at X amt of rage and BC comes off cd. When does it become better to hold BC for a few seconds to get an extra rampage/FB proc, or is it always better to use BC on CD? I always found myself wondering that when I am at around 50 rage when BC becomes avalible. Should i just bc and "waste" 50rage or hold till i get an extra rampage/fb proc then bc after the rampage.

I found it hard to sim this situation, was wondering if any of you have the answer off hand.
    If you can use Rampage (at any rage cost) within the next 2 GCDs, go ahead and do so, then use BC. If not, just go ahead and BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    This guy http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Horizon/simple is using wrecking ball in place of avatar.Is it an encounter specific thing or is wb actually a better all around choice?
    He's only using it for one fight, Skorpyon, because it's a cheese fight where you pull lots of extra adds and do nothing but spam Whirlwind. That (and fights/strategies similar to it) is the only situation in which WB is better than Avatar.

In other words, WB is only really worthwhile if you're consistently spamming Whirlwind.

Recently switched to fury, my execute phase feels horrible. Using the rotation in the guide just doesn't seem right, I feel like my dps goes down a lot on short fights, and long fights it takes forever to hit hard.

The guide says execute > bloodthirst > raging blow. I've been looking at videos and logs and see players ranked very high literally not using raging blow once they reach execute phase. Is there a new priority with the 4p? Execute>furious slash> bloodthirst? Is it worth it to save execute if your not enraged and use 2 furious slashes in a row, assuming your jugg stacks aren't going to fall off?

Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    Recently switched to fury, my execute phase feels horrible. Using the rotation in the guide just doesn't seem right, I feel like my dps goes down a lot on short fights, and long fights it takes forever to hit hard.

The guide says execute > bloodthirst > raging blow. I've been looking at videos and logs and see players ranked very high literally not using raging blow once they reach execute phase. Is there a new priority with the 4p? Execute>furious slash> bloodthirst? Is it worth it to save execute if your not enraged and use 2 furious slashes in a row, assuming your jugg stacks aren't going to fall off?
    The idea is to spam executes to get stacks up and use BT to mantain rage and hope for a crit. Then during BC you keep enrage up with BT and keep spamming execute. You only raging blow if you need the rage for execute. Unless someone else has a better dps gain method?

COF helps the execute phase quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    The idea is to spam executes to get stacks up and use BT to mantain rage and hope for a crit. Then during BC you keep enrage up with BT and keep spamming execute. You only raging blow if you need the rage for execute. Unless someone else has a better dps gain method?

COF helps the execute phase quite a bit.
    a few pages ago we had the answer, in longer execute phases FS is better than RB

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    a few pages ago we had the answer, in longer execute phases FS is better than RB
    Ya so that's where my question came in. Clearly the guide hasn't been updated on the subject. I just looked back at the past pages but it doesn't really answer the question. Assuming your jugg stacks aren't going fall do you use 2 furious slashes until BT comes off cd? Or is it better to do a RB>FS>BT?

Ya so that's where my question came in. Clearly the guide hasn't been updated on the subject. I just looked back at the past pages but it doesn't really answer the question. Assuming your jugg stacks aren't going fall do you use 2 furious slashes until BT comes off cd? Or is it better to do a RB>FS>BT?
    Neither, you continue the rotation: Execute - FS - BT.

The reason people are using it is because I found it to be a better way to juggle Frothing Berserker during the Execute phase. No, the guide hasn't been updated, because my focus has been getting ready for 7.2 content (which is going to change everything all over again), and it's actually a much smaller difference than it may appear to be. The worst part about it is that it requires a very good sense of timing both for your rage expenditure/BC CD and the targets time to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Neither, you continue the rotation: Execute - FS - BT.

The reason people are using it is because I found it to be a better way to juggle Frothing Berserker during the Execute phase. No, the guide hasn't been updated, because my focus has been getting ready for 7.2 content (which is going to change everything all over again), and it's actually a much smaller difference than it may appear to be. The worst part about it is that it requires a very good sense of timing both for your rage expenditure/BC CD and the targets time to die.
    So say bloodthirsty is on cd, you just used it but didn't proc enrage. You just used execute before it so your jugg stacks aren't going to fall off if you wait another 3 gcds. So you have 2 gcds to fill, so your saying spend your rage on a non enraged execute>FS>BT?

Following your guide my dps was going down during execute phases, switched priorities and my dps went up, seems like a glaring issue with the guide atm and most definitely worth taking 5mins to update.
    Last edited by deadmanfred; 2017-03-18 at 12:25 AM.

So say bloodthirsty is on cd, you just used it but didn't proc enrage. You just used execute before it so your jugg stacks aren't going to fall off if you wait another 3 gcds. So you have 2 gcds to fill, so your saying spend your rage on a non enraged execute>FS>BT?
    Well from the sound of it, you've been doing both ways incorrectly, so your sample size isn't necessarily reflective of reality. If your dps is going down at all during the Execute phase, you're doing something horribly, horribly, wrong.

That said, yes, you keep following the rotation. There's no reason to skip priority, or use FS twice in a row. Enrage/FB last long enough to cover 2 cycles, so even if your first doesn't work, the follow up will.

It seems like it goes down because other players are going above me comparitively. It does help to get the attention of people to say it's going down though

I switched to what I saw done in logs and it had great results. I'm kinda a stickler for guide writing, omiting things causes a bunch of people to repeatedly ask the same questions... case-in-point. Thanks for the clarification.

It seems like it goes down because other players are going above me comparitively. It does help to get the attention of people to say it's going down though

I switched to what I saw done in logs and it had great results. I'm kinda a stickler for guide writing, omiting things causes a bunch of people to repeatedly ask the same questions... case-in-point. Thanks for the clarification.
    Well when you write a guide, you can feel free to update it!

Really though, yeah, I've been talking about the strategy on discord/twitter/stream/forums for a few weeks now, and updating the guide proper did escape me, and I could have had it updated earlier. That said, I've been working on a slew of updates for 7.2 stuff, which does impact the Execute phase, and I try to avoid updating things over and over again, lest it become known as the guide whose information changes every week. Regardless, I've gone ahead and updated it anyway.

Deleted
    Howdy. First of all great guide. One minor thing i was wondering when sitting at 50+ rage and have battle cry come back on CD do i hold it till 100 to rampage and then instantly BC+RAMP.
    In short: waste 50ish rage to instantly BC or or wait for 50 more rage to rampage(not wasting 50)followed by another BC RAMP? XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Gorne View Post
    Howdy. First of all great guide. One minor thing i was wondering when sitting at 50+ rage and have battle cry come back on CD do i hold it till 100 to rampage and then instantly BC+RAMP.
    In short: waste 50ish rage to instantly BC or or wait for 50 more rage to rampage(not wasting 50)followed by another BC RAMP? XXX
    If you'll Rampage within 2 GCDs, it's fine to wait and use it first; if not, you're better off simply using Battle Cry immediately.