Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I regularly over-aggro my DH co-tank, but I think thats primarily because for some reason he runs like 60-70% of my DPS only despite similar gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    I find this thread quite surprising as i'm the one that takes aggro off our ProtPala. Like @Marrilaife said about botanist, on heroic clears i always end up with all 3 bosses on me in the last seconds of the fight as his taunt prio is the Arcanist and cannot afford to taunt the Naturalist and then let the stacks grow on me.
    Yeah, but the idea is when it's the other tank turn to taunt arcanist you dps one of the other dudes as your main target, is he staying 100% on arcanist? On hc when the extra bosses land I don't taunt them to save the taunt just hit them with something and then dps as main target when the other tank takes arcanist, that should solve it.

Anyway we managed to kill mythic Botanist and it went fine in the end, it could be the druid was just dpsing naturalist too much in worries to lose aggro to melee dps (that could only happen at the very beginning imo, with warrior draughts, dh metas etc.) and not focusing arcanist when he was supposed to keep him (I was always dpsing solarist when I was not supposed to keep arcanist off me). Not sure if it was the best idea but I went with last defender on this fight thinking there are often multiple targets around me except last phase, where I save all my cds anyway. So no seraphim shenanigans.

Issues on Krosus people have I'm really wondering if there's some bug with hitbox (used to be similar one with Helya before they fixed it), namely the boss was detecting you "out of melee range" even when you could still hit it, but the boss would switch to the other tank? Could be not the case, but just wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I regularly over-aggro my DH co-tank, but I think thats primarily because for some reason he runs like 60-70% of my DPS only despite similar gear.
    Does he have the same amounts of traits as you do? Good relics?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Does he have the same amounts of traits as you do? Good relics?
    He is a bit behind on bonus traits, but nothing that makes up 30%, either way.

Yeah, but the idea is when it's the other tank turn to taunt arcanist you dps one of the other dudes as your main target, is he staying 100% on arcanist? On hc when the extra bosses land I don't taunt them to save the taunt just hit them with something and then dps as main target when the other tank takes arcanist, that should solve it.
    Only do this when threat is a big issue. On Mythic any dps not on the main target is a huge dps loss. Try and keep aggro with thrash alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    He is a bit behind on bonus traits, but nothing that makes up 30%, either way.
    He's doing something wrong. Vengeance DH's should be well ahead of us on ST, about equal on cleave, and a bit behind on AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Only do this when threat is a big issue. On Mythic any dps not on the main target is a huge dps loss. Try and keep aggro with thrash alone.
    p1 and p2 on mythic botanist is not really a dps race, only p3 is (with the sacrifice tactics), ofc if there are no aggro issues you can try to squeeze more tank dps out of the primary target but we were talking about situation where a druid has troubles keeping aggro.

I'm curious, we were progressing on Mythic Krosus tonight, my co-tank is a paladin. When he taunts off me, I see threat go from 0 like 95%. When I taunt off him, my threat goes from 0 to like 10%. Has anyone noticed this?

There's more than enough time for a taunt in between rotational taunts now and again. But if a paladin is not overaggroing you on that fight you might want to lmention he has an ability called Avenger's Shield, he should use it.
    It might be late to reply but i'll give it a shot. The thing is that i just do 60% more damage than the Paladin that's it, and imo if you press everything (except Maul) on CD it shouldn't be too hard

It might be late to reply but i'll give it a shot. The thing is that i just do 60% more damage than the Paladin that's it, and imo if you press everything (except Maul) on CD it shouldn't be too hard
    But, HOW? Are you at 54 traits while he's at 12?
    Are you 910 ilvl while he's 840?

He's doing something wrong. Vengeance DH's should be well ahead of us on ST, about equal on cleave, and a bit behind on AOE.
    This isn't necessarily true, only when they're specced into fracture (which basically means they're sacrificing healing to do dps.)
    Fracture's close to a 30% dps increase single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    This isn't necessarily true, only when they're specced into fracture (which basically means they're sacrificing healing to do dps.)
    Fracture's close to a 30% dps increase single target.
    Isn't the current cookie cutter DH spec about fracture > spirit bomb > soul barrier? So the extra fragments serve a purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be late to reply but i'll give it a shot. The thing is that i just do 60% more damage than the Paladin that's it,
    How??? Does he have no relics in his artifact or something?

Deleted
    Wouldn't even be a problem if blizz put more thrash/mangle relics in the raids, as it stands when you have to strike lucky getting these in m+ for the most part and all the raid relics are survival traits only that is an issue.

But we'll see in 7.2 which is about to hit they are buffing both mangle and thrash dmg so should solve these issues i recon.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac1969 View Post
    I'm curious, we were progressing on Mythic Krosus tonight, my co-tank is a paladin. When he taunts off me, I see threat go from 0 like 95%. When I taunt off him, my threat goes from 0 to like 10%. Has anyone noticed this?
    Not sure what you are talking about here, you would never be at 0 threat unless you do absolutely nothing. You pull aggro at 110% threat (130% for ranged) i assume you're talking about some weird nameplate threat visual? i suggest you get omen so you can actually see the real threat values if it interests you. Also you do 200% more threat for awhile after taunting (soon to be buffed in 7.2 as well) might be what you are seeing.

You don't magically lose threat when another tank taunts, you will stay at the same threat level, the other tank taunting gets the same threat value as you plus the 200% threat increase & the boss ignores threat and attacks only the taunter for a few seconds. When the effect expires if you go above 110% you will pull aggro back again.

There is no way you can keep aggro from another tank doing 60% more damage than you, it is just not happening and is not really the topic of this thread, you're talking abnormal numbers that most people do not ever experience if both tanks are doing their job properly and otherwise are similarly geared. There can be a discrepancy sure but not 60% +/- damage and thus threat.

Before the warrior healing fix recently, i was doing on average between 30-50k dps more than my warrior co-tank and still struggled with keeping aggro, after the inspiring presence fix is a non issue.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2017-03-16 at 12:31 AM.

He's just not using the correct spells.
    During most of his Avenging Wrath he doesn't use his primary damage spell.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=-31935
    And his consecration uptime is very poor. Especially here where he can always hit 3 targets.
    And during the Krosus he was afk for the first 2 minutes.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2017-03-17 at 08:35 AM.

My guess is that he's playing defensive and i'm just used to whoring the meters.
    Man, you need 1 more thrash relic and you'll be completely disgusting with this aoe dps. Our druid doesn't use thrash legendaries only defensive ones, and he doesn't have thrash relics either, just some ironfur ones (don't think thrash ones exist in raids anyway, you need m+ farm for that). Like his thrash does half the total damage than yours or something.

Also, you have 52 traits while your pala has 45. It matters.

But this krosus log... the hell did he do first 1,5 min. Was he dead or something?

And last thing I noticed... why are you 3-tanking heroic? :O

Man, you need 1 more thrash relic and you'll be completely disgusting with this aoe dps. Our druid doesn't use thrash legendaries only defensive ones, and he doesn't have thrash relics either, just some ironfur ones (don't think thrash ones exist in raids anyway, you need m+ farm for that). Like his thrash does half the total damage than yours or something.

Also, you have 52 traits while your pala has 45. It matters.

But this krosus log... the hell did he do first 1,5 min. Was he dead or something?

And last thing I noticed... why are you 3-tanking heroic? :O
    Tichondrius drop blood. Rest are from M+ (HOV and MAW)

Using 2x thrash and 1x UE is a good mixture for me, with the thrash and UE from the raid, and the life thrash from maw - feels good.