Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And why is it a problem? Themed decks don't dominate non themed so you clearly don't have to play them. Yet people seem to like them. Possibly more than non-themed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Haven't played hearthstone in a long time. Didn't go to well with my blood pressure I tell ya

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    Haven't played hearthstone in a long time. Didn't go to well with my blood pressure I tell ya
    Hearthstone is the leading cause of divorce.

Deleted

First useful hunter legend?

Deleted
    Is it? It certainly has good stats for its cost and a strong effect. But it's still a 7 mana creature that doesn't have impact on the board. Imo it's just another Gazhrilla. Cool and not that bad, but no reason to play it. Of course, we need to see all the cards first and let the meta settle for a while.

Oh cool @Psychohamster thanks for posting the card. I don't go out of my way to search for HS news so if you didn't post it I wouldn't've seen.

Looks kinda cool. Stats are cool and effect is nice. I actually think it's a good card. (obviously for midrange Hunter, provided the game lasts up to turn 7)

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Is it? It certainly has good stats for its cost and a strong effect. But it's still a 7 mana creature that doesn't have impact on the board. Imo it's just another Gazhrilla. Cool and not that bad, but no reason to play it. Of course, we need to see all the cards first and let the meta settle for a while.
    You do realize playing this card with board advantage shuts your opponent down a turn, right? Its basically frost nova with a 9/9 body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    You do realize playing this card with board advantage shuts your opponent down a turn, right? Its basically frost nova with a 9/9 body.
    If as Hunter you are going into turn 7 with board advantage you probably already won the game.

Edit: Its insane how bad the Rogue legendary minion is, again.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2017-03-17 at 08:46 PM.

Some interesting cards were shown, I'd say that the new Elise is so far my favorite. She seems really good in control decks and it doesn't take as long to take advantage of her effect as with the LoE version. Explore Un'goro seems like a fun gimmicky card as a Renounce Darkness version for warriors, but I don't see it ever being played competitively. Could be good in arena also, because you can usually discover much better quality cards than the ones you draft.

Priest and warlock get a solid anti aggro minion, which both also synergise with their quest cards. The new mage minion is actually great for both secret and freeze mage, maybe a new version of tempo mage will also run it. The new crab won't see play in ladder despite the heavy pirate meta, its just far to weak against all other decks. Tar Creeper seems good against aggro aswell. Dinosize looks meh at first sight, its decent in arena but I don't see it fitting in any ladder deck. Sherazin looks interesting but its body seems to weak to bother playing so many cards each turn just to revive it. As for Swamp King Dred, I think he ends up like Gahz'rilla where he looks great on first sight, but then something like a control hunter never takes off so he won't see play either. He is a good beast to get trough other means like discover or Ram Wrangler though.

The new cards look interesting. The only one I don't see seeing play in competitive decks at all is that Warrior one that replaces your deck with discover cards. Obviously way too random.

The Hunter legendary I'm not sure about. It's really bad against the new Adapt mechanic(play a minion with poison, BAM instant removal and possible massive tempo swing). But it does bait out removals. Not sure if late game control Hunter will ever be a thing though.

The minions are all pretty good at the very least if not very good. The discard quest for Warlock will be awesome for Zoo and getting infinite imps in the mid to late game will help if your opponent starts to restabilize and you start running out of steam. The Mage minion is awesome for Freeze Mage(if that deck is viable without Ice Lance, we'll see). Priest minion is solid for Deathrattle control(remember the Priest quest is playing Deathrattles).

New Elise is really good for late game control heavy decks that push for fatigue. And I like the new Rogue legendary a lot as well, it could definitely see play in Miracle(as a replacement for Tomb Pillager in the 4 mana slot)as well as Nzoth Deathrattle.

Good start so far for this expansion. Some very interesting cards for sure. Hopefully we see some of the new Adapt minions later, and I do think we'll see some cards with Reno-like effects(i.e. if your deck has no duplicates X happens).

The idea behind the dormant mechanic for the rogue legendary is very interesting, but the card itself is very lackluster. Say rogue still uses auctioneer in the next meta, the rogue will play 4+ cards in one turn at most 2-3 times in one game (2-3 turns of using auctioneer cycling). That means you bring back the 5/3 minion at most 3 times. Sure that is okay, but a minion with a weak body getting rezzed just a few times in one game is hardly threatening during any type of match-up, plus it is weak to silence & transform effects.

As far the whine about Arcanologist over on Hearthpwn, I just don't see why. It seems people don't like support cards that make secrets playable in decks like Tempo Mage. The card is not OP, considering that in non-freeze mage decks you have to actually throw the tempo of the game away completely just to play the secret, or play a weak 2/1 or 4/3 minion to play it from your hand for zero. A 2/3 minion that supports drawing a secret from the deck is far from broken.

- - - Updated - - -

As for people worrying that the games won't last long enough to get to turn 7 for the hunter legendary to see play I wouldn't worry about that. Even during the meta with the super aggressive Pirate Warrior aggro you still saw some control games lasting to turn 7 & beyond, sometimes without even drawing into Reno. Expect some control games to be able to last equally as late in the game for the next meta.

Yeah I don't think Arcanologist is broken at all. Its essentially 2 mana 2/3 draw a card, but its always gonna be a secret which requires a 3 mana investment at some point. Its still worse than Mad Scientist(which for Mage was insanely broken of a card)but its a solid playable card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    This is just amazingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    This is just amazingly stupid.
    For some decks they are correct though. People keep talking about having the amazingly perfect counters to summon to have Dred suicide himself into (a poisonous creature or some OP deathrattle), but in reality as we have learned with all tech cards is that just because you have it in your deck doesn't mean you'll draw it when you need it. Now take decks like rogue for example, if they are still running auctioneer in the new meta (or if it is still being run in Jade Druid) and the opponent has no other minion play/removal then the opponent effectively has no play since they are not going to summon a key minion just to have it get taken down right away. Same can go for things like Fandral, or minion combo pieces in wild. Dred serves as a stall minion in those scenarios.

King Dred is pretty good in a vacuum but I'm not sure if there's a midrange or controllish hunter deck in the future to play it in. 7 is quite costly but big bombs like Ragnaros saw play in midrange lists before and Dred can be just as swingy.

Elise 2 seems fine in traditional control but lacking sexy finisher is not a problem with these decks. Elise is not going to make traditional control warrior or paladin or something viable if its early and midgame answers are not effective against the field.

Sherazin Corpse Flower is a cool mechanic but 4 spells is a VERY steep cost. It dies in combat to absolutely anything and you can generally only repopulate it if you are also going off with Auctioneer, which is its own win condition.

Explore Un'goro is absolutely terrible. So is Golakka Crawler.

Tortollan Shellraiser needs a bigger body, as the deathrattle is often irrelevant if played on curve.

Dinosize is bad, but amusing.

Tar Creeper is playable. People are playing Senjin Shieldmasta again in small numbers and this is frequently better.

Arcanologist is a nice value card but sort of homeless now that Freeze Mage is dying.

The Warlock discard cards don't seem good. Zoo likes to establish early, and losing your first turn to play a do-nothing spell is tough. 6 discards is also a very steep price to pay just for having an endgame, especially since it won't count things like resolving Doomguard with no hand. I think Discolock is viable but that the legendary package may not see play in it.

Deleted
    Elise is OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meme expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Meme expansion.
    Community: "Do you think some important cards like Reno will be moved to classic so the archetype can stand?"

Blizzard: "Nah son. We want to do new shit in the future."

Blizzard team discussing new cards: "Let's make another Elise effect." "What should we name it?" "These guys are retards, just name it Elise again."

Regardless of how players feel about Un'Goro so far it is hard to deny that Blizzard isn't trying to be more innovative and bring new mechanics or playstyles into the game that weren't there before.

Take the lock nether portal, or the rogue legendary as one example. We haven't had the option to have permanent cards available to players outside of adventure bosses or brawls so I feel that is a good step in a new direction. In addition we also have the quest mechanic (which in an indirect way partially addresses some players' complaints about card games giving them random hands with no guaranteed cards). Even Dred introduces slightly more interaction between players being able to do things during the opponent's turn other than it being restricted to secrets. Whether the expansion is a hit or flop this is most likely going to strongly affect how future undeveloped card mechanics are going to be designed down the road.

OT: Forgot to say this before, but I'm calling it now. As soon as Un'Goro is live we are going to see players who misunderstand the new Elise's effect and start wondering or complaining about why the cards they got from her 'pack' are not in their card collection after the game finishes. It is going to happen, considering there are players who misunderstand things like Reno Jackson.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Meme expansion.
    7 mana 4/4 shaman minion

/facepalm
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)