Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Recommend a Monitor?

Can anyone recommend a monitor that features Gsync, 144hz, and 1MS response time?

Also can I ask a quick question; what ever happened to glossy monitors? Everything now a days is just matte finish. Right now I actually own an Alienware13 OLED 1440p panel and this thing is gorgeous with it's glossy display and personally I've always preferred glossy as apposed to matte because I feel the extra shine just makes games stand out better and as where matte I feel makes everything feel flat.

Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Glossy is great if you are looking for a mirror instead of a monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

GLossy displays are actually amazing if you can control the light behind. I would say its the number one thing that improves image quality hands down.

And no i am not aware of a glossy 1440p 144hz panel, shame too.

I will also add for what game are you looking to play mostly? If the game you are playing consistently sits above 144 fps you really dont need gsync and could save a load of cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    GLossy displays are actually amazing if you can control the light behind. I would say its the number one thing that improves image quality hands down.

And no i am not aware of a glossy 1440p 144hz panel, shame too.

I will also add for what game are you looking to play mostly? If the game you are playing consistently sits above 144 fps you really dont need gsync and could save a load of cash.
    Yeah glossy is great if you are in a completely dark room. But who wants to be in a completely dark room unless they are watching a movie?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I just purchased the https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UC98-W-3...ords=lg+uc3498 which is turning out to be fantastic. However my original choice was this Asus Monitor https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator...8E69B32ZEGTR5Z
    Because it had GSync in it but I went down to the store to get it and they were out so I opt'd for the LG.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah glossy is great if you are in a completely dark room. But who wants to be in a completely dark room unless they are watching a movie?
    Room does not need to be completely dark, just need to control the light behind you. You should try a glossy monitor it may surprise you how much you like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Room does not need to be completely dark, just need to control the light behind you. You should try a glossy monitor it may surprise you how much you like it.
    My old monitor was a glossy one and I hated it. The main roof light in the middle of the room is behind me. The table lamp next to the computer also causes huge gloss.

The only light you don't need to control is the light behind the monitor. Not much of that around.

7+ Year Old Account
    @LCD

I bought a monitor a month or so ago that fits the specs you mentioned: Gsync, 144hz, and 1MS response time

After looking at the following two monitors...
    I went with the ACER Predator. No regrets. I love the fucking thing. LOVE IT! It is, however, matte finish which it sounds like might be a "no go" for you.

If you're on a tighter budget, the Dell looks like a solid option as well.

I've tried glossy monitors before. HATED them. Depending on the time of day I had to adjust blinds, turn monitor, move desk.....wife walks in the room and turns light on instead of the lamp that is positioned correctly and I can't see anything at all. Just a terrible terrible experience overall. Could not get rid of the thing fast enough, but I could not even give it away to any of my friends, no one wanted it because everyone I know hates glossy monitors for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I've tried glossy monitors before. HATED them. Depending on the time of day I had to adjust blinds, turn monitor, move desk.....wife walks in the room and turns light on instead of the lamp that is positioned correctly and I can't see anything at all. Just a terrible terrible experience overall. Could not get rid of the thing fast enough, but I could not even give it away to any of my friends, no one wanted it because everyone I know hates glossy monitors for similar reasons.
    Ok?

And lots of people like them, like the OP lol.

I am in the same boat too, as my PC room config suits a glossy screen (blinds and light source are behind the monitor) i would but a glossy 144hz panel in a second, but as far as im aware none exist.

There is one from ViewSonix XG2401 or something. It got good rating from pcmonitors.info. It's 1080p tho and is TN panel.

edit: I missed the "g-sync" part, sorry. This one features adaptive sync, it's for AMD cards. I think there was a similar monitor of ASUS, it's a bit expensive tho.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-03-17 at 10:18 PM.

These are the two that I'm looking at right now as I'm quite interested in a Ultrawide display.
    https://www.amazon.com/PG348Q-Curved...dp/B01C83BE6U/
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator...=Acer+Predator

I heard that there are actually sequels to these monitors coming out soon though is that true?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD View Post
    Can anyone recommend a monitor that features Gsync, 144hz, and 1MS response time?
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD View Post
    These are the two that I'm looking at right now as I'm quite interested in a Ultrawide display.
    https://www.amazon.com/PG348Q-Curved...dp/B01C83BE6U/
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator...=Acer+Predator
    Both of those monitors only cover 1 of the 3 things you are/were looking for : G-Sync.
    Also, they both have a matte finish.

Note: make sure you have a video card that can power those beasts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    There is one from ViewSonix XG2401 or something. It got good rating from pcmonitors.info. It's 1080p tho and is TN panel.

edit: I missed the "g-sync" part, sorry. This one features adaptive sync, it's for AMD cards. I think there was a similar monitor of ASUS, it's a bit expensive tho.
    No sir, adaptive sync is nvidia.

OT both of those monitors are good monitors, non gloss though. They do release new versions every 2 years or so, but damn those things are expensive.
    Last edited by moremana; 2017-03-18 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    No sir, adaptive sync is nvidia.
    yeah, I meant free sync.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually Adaptive Sync is the original name for the technology upon which both G-Sync and FreeSync are based on.
    It was taken as optional in the DisplayPort standard.

FreeSync is a variation/modification of Adaptive Sync in the DisplayPort protocol whereas G-Sync is an actual separate chipset doing the work.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Carry on.
    You were about to recommend a monitor for me

Asus VG248QE with 24" screen size having features which you want and If you have glossy monitors then I must tell you that It has better color intensity and contrast ratio than matte displays.

10+ Year Old Account
    My monitor is slightly taller than 1080p it's a Dell 1920x1200, can't see myself ever going to a 16:9 ratio unless there's no other option.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'd buy a new monitor right now I'd probably go for an Acer XF270HUA

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-xf2...?skuId=5622408

It's a WQHD (2560 x 1440 resolution), 144Hz, IPS panel with AMD Freesync, with very good reviews.