Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the first SoM game, except the rushed ending. Always thought there should have been another zone before fighting the Black Hand. I did hear WB rushed the devs to get this game out though. But with that said SoM was still an awesome game and basically my game of the year in 2014. So just inagien how good it could ahve been if they had actually finished it.

Here's hoping SoW will have been given the time. They have a chance to learn form their first game and fix a few things adding more while keeping what we love in.

It does worry men when developers add more onto something that was good to begin with. Especially where Warner Brothers are involved. I have my fingers crossed. I wan to love this game as much as the first.

I just hope the controls are as good as they were with the first game, more so for mouse and Keyboard because aiming with a controller was junk and monkey poop.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I loved the first SoM game, except the rushed ending. Always thought there should have been another zone before fighting the Black Hand. I did hear WB rushed the devs to get this game out though. But with that said SoM was still an awesome game and basically my game of the year in 2014. So just inagien how good it could ahve been if they had actually finished it.

Here's hoping SoW will have been given the time. They have a chance to learn form their first game and fix a few things adding more while keeping what we love in.

It does worry men when developers add more onto something that was good to begin with. Especially where Warner Brothers are involved. I have my fingers crossed. I wan to love this game as much as the first.

I just hope the controls are as good as they were with the first game, more so for mouse and Keyboard because aiming with a controller was junk and monkey poop.
    Well they had 3 years hope thats enough time
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I REALLY hope they change in Shadow of War, is the rather odd spawn pattern of some of the elite enemies. You'll be sneaking along, see a couple of normal orc/Uruk, go in for a kill and suddenly AAGGGG I've got 6 elites all attaking me me at once, aannndddddd now I'm dead.

I know it gets better later on, once you're kinda invincible, but the early stages of the game can be PAINFUL, if you get unlucky with boss spawns.

(Yes, I'm replaying SoM currently, YES, this has got me killed about 10 times)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Liked the first one a lot, so definitely keeping my eyes on this. Shadow of Mordor did get on the east side once you start accumulating powers, here's hoping this one paces itself a bit better and Talion doesn't become overpowered quite as fast.

I also think at least some elements of this battle were scripted, but we'll see at release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to remember why I stopped playing this game last time...

Kinda hard to enjoy it when EVERY SINGLE mission, every single one, even if you jump clear to the other side of the map, and check his location before starting, the same captain shows up, one shots you and then leaves...

FUCK YOU GHURA. you suck, so much.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Starting to remember why I stopped playing this game last time...

Kinda hard to enjoy it when EVERY SINGLE mission, every single one, even if you jump clear to the other side of the map, and check his location before starting, the same captain shows up, one shots you and then leaves...

FUCK YOU GHURA. you suck, so much.
    Thats what you get when you piss off someone with the ambusher/sneaky trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats what you get when you piss off someone with the ambusher/sneaky trait.
    Ah... So that's what that trait means .

Sadly, this just happens to be on a Spearman who also has increased damage. So even with three levels of the +health trait, he still oneshots me.

I actually managed to kill him. He was distracted by a caragor, so I stealth killed him.

Sadly, he came back and ambushed me about 5 mins later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, I never met my match in that game, I generally managed to clear it but I saw streams with angry joe I think where he kept getting killed by some dude.

Edit: here it is
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-03-19 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ha, I never met my match in that game, I generally managed to clear it but I saw streams with angry joe I think where he kept getting killed by some dude.

Edit: here it is
    Good to know it's not just me! Worst part is I did manage to get my revenge on two of the three guys that KEPT cropping up and killing me (1v1 they'd be okay, but they ALWAYS show up in a pack).

Sadly, of the two I killed, one came back. So I still have two dudes popping up in literally every mission, trying to kill my ass. Thankfully, I've picked up a few skills since the massacre began, so I can usually at least finish the mission now, before they get me.

Also: the trait that makes your executions quicker is a godsend... Kinda stupid they felt the need to put it in, rather than just... ya know... Not making the executions 30 seconds long and interuptable in a game that is ALL about fast paced combat against large groups of enemies .

This seriously is Game of the Year material.

Those predator skills look awesome. I didn't bother poisoning grog barrels all that much in the first game, but I think I'll do it a lot more now that you can use wraith magic to poison them from afar and even cause them to spread the poison even more by making the enemies attack each other.

Like the idea of item sets designed around specific themes like we have in The Witcher 3 and Diablo. They're also adding a lot of gear customization which is great.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually hope they add a little more to customization. It looks good, i'd just like the option to be hooded.
    Definitely keeping an eye on this one, first one was amazing.

Deleted
    First game was really focused on combat but very enjoyable. Like many said 8/10, nothing less, nothing more. I think after 20 hours I was tired of gameplay mechanics. Last videos look promising. People whine about graphic, not last gen, etc. but all looks like good fun, can't wait for realese.

Deleted
    Middle-earth: Shadow of War will now launch worldwide on Oct. 10, 2017**.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War expands gameplay in every dimension, including the massive open world, the story, the RPG systems, and personal player stories of the Nemesis System. As with Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Monolith is committed to delivering the highest quality experience. In order to do this, we have made the difficult decision to move our launch date to ensure that Middle-earth: Shadow of War will deliver on that promise.

We understand that it might be disappointing to have to wait a little longer for the release and are sorry for the delay, but we are working hard to make an amazing game. We’re excited to show more at E3.

- The Middle-earth: Shadow of War Team

**Some territories such as Australia, New Zealand and Japan will have a different release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    We understand that it might be disappointing to have to wait a little longer for the release and are sorry for the delay, but we are working hard to make an amazing game. We’re excited to show more at E3.
    I am not dissapointed, from the latest stream they did, game still looks rough. They should take their time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am not dissapointed, from the latest stream they did, game still looks rough. They should take their time.
    Agreed. I'm in no rush at all for wanting the game, so delayed & improved/good is better than released early & crappy.