Thread: Mass burnout.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Im personally gone from the game completely, there is nothing that can get me back into the game at this point, there has been to much bad changes over the years, its at a point where im just not enjoying it and i certainly cannot justify paying the monthly fee anymore.

Burnout is a player problem. Stop making posts pretending to speak for other people. There's no "mass" anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Done until flying to be honest. I could fly around, pet battle, fish and pick herbs all day. I rather not have to either spend half my time killing adds or running through them to stealth on the other side. Just gets old.
    This ^ flying could of at least alienated the grind a little especially on alts but nup gotta wait months because of "reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    This ^ flying could of at least alienated the grind a little especially on alts but nup gotta wait months because of "reasons".
    lol no. It would just make the "grind" even more dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    lol no. It would just make the "grind" even more dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I think it'd be cool if we had mobs to kill who are preventing us from flying zone by zone to get flying. Bats, dire ravens, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Halstinavos View Post
    Many of the MYTHIC NH bosses are tuned around 54 traits.
    ...which is relevant for less than 1% of the player base. That AP grind is purely self-induced. Current design is Blizzard's way of saying: "Take it easy, bois!" It should be so obvious by now that they absolutely do not want us to rush through content in Legion. That's why they introduced that artificial content blocker that is AP "grind" and massive loot RNG. So, either be a smart human being by restraining yourself or get rekt from burnout. Yes, it's that easy. /shrug
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

The problem is there is just literally nothing to do in this game.

- You raid get the gear and do nothing with it outside raid the same instance you've already cleared. It's boring.

- PvP is in the worst state I've ever seen it.

- Grinding AP / World quests at this point is boring as hell.

The good thing about Vanilla-WOTLK was it still took time to progress thru the game. It may of been a worse balanced game but time flowed a lot better and made you feel like you always had something to do. Cata-Legion has been nothing but instant gratification that has made getting to the end so fast that you have nothing to do.

I can level a new toon from 1-110 in Legion and get 850-870 gear in 1-2 weeks while skipping every single tier of raiding to the current one. I by pass the entirety of Legion content to the last Tier???? Who the hell things this is good game design you're literally asking your player base to get bored and quit.

I am on a breath of the wild kick atm, so no desire to WoW. That being said even without BOTW, my WoW time would still be low, simply due the fact that I do not feel like farming AP-which seems to be a large focal point of legion. I'll come back in 7.2 (not on launch day) but honestly I am in no rush to run back to WoW and id wager many are feeling the same.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    "Blizzard gives us no content! Game is fucking dead man!"
    "Too much content, game is an endless grind! Game is fucking dead man!"

Sigh.
    Ever thought about that this is not the players fault, but blizzards horrible stupid swinging pendelum acting, they offer in every fukin game design aspect, since vanilla day 1 ?

they swing from one extreme to the other, always, in all the 12 years of wow. regardless if its class design, class balance, reward system, items or game play. it goes always black, white, black, white. it seems blizzard do not know that there exists a color called grey.

so, maybe, just maybe, that sucks. and maybe, just maybe, thats the reason why also ppl have oppinions that are black and white (or in your case "too less content", "too much content"), because there IS black ("too less") and white ("too much").

just maybe...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-18 at 10:54 AM.

I am on the other end of the most common replies. I have 54, I have almost 900ilvl, but I just don't want to play. Don't know why, just got bored of it. I don't have to grind anymore, can just log in for raid, do my +15 and not log in for the whole week after that. But still, I really don't feel like doing anything. I have done some mythic bosses, I just don't enjoy doing anything to be honest. I suppose it is not the legion design, but rather myself being bored of the game in general.

Pretty sure it's a psychological thing, because even blizzard states that it's kind of a cycle, where there are drops at subscribers few months after each major/raid patch. I guess I might be back for Tomb of Sargeras, but for now I'll just chill and maybe level up some alt slowly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    Im personally gone from the game completely, there is nothing that can get me back into the game at this point, there has been to much bad changes over the years, its at a point where im just not enjoying it and i certainly cannot justify paying the monthly fee anymore.
    Yet you are still wandering around a website related to the game, secretly hoping for something interesting to make you join back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    "Blizzard gives us no content! Game is fucking dead man!"
    "Too much content, game is an endless grind! Game is fucking dead man!"

Sigh.
    Doing the same dungeon 100 times because you need the AP is not too much content.
    Doing 1-3 difficulties of a raid due to titanforging/legendary drop chance is not too much content.
    Going back and doing old raids in the hopes of a good legendary is not too much content.
    Doing the same world quests daily in the hopes of a legendary is not too much content.

It's is the same content repeated constantly. There is not "too much content in this expansion" it's average when looking at previous expansions.

I resubscribed, I need a mythic raiding guild. I'm an Ele/Resto main. Kil'jaeden server.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I really think the fault lies almost entirely with the players (yes, I know this is going to trigger a bunch of people who don't understand the concept of personal accountability - they can deal with it).
    We understand personal accountability. In particular, we understand that when someone is paid $$$ to design something, they are accountable for how it turns out.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I resubscribed, I need a mythic raiding guild. I'm an Ele/Resto main. Kil'jaeden server.
    Funny joke. You're only allowed one spec in Legion... everyone knows that.

I wouldn't have described myself as burnt out while my sub was still active, but I usually found myself scrambling to complete content before it expired. I enjoy almost all facets of the game but I guarantee looking at a full slate of WQs bummed me out. Felt like I had to slog through them for AP, easy mats, and easy honor before I could enjoy anything else since these were on an extremely short timer compared to a daily. I wasn't completing every single WQ either, just the ones that gave huge chunks of AP, usually mining mats, and the 500 honor pvp ones. Add that to my limited play time due to my schedule and finding the time to do a weekly M+, raid, clear old content, or work on an alt became a matter of priorities since I usually only had time for one of those.

Once the time on my last token ran out, I felt... relieved. I think removing timers on content expiring would be great since then I could do it at my leisure, but there's still just so much to do right now that it feels like a chore unless you commit to only a few things at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    WoW is an aging game. Gone are the days where people play for hours and hours on end. Its now all about playing for a little bit here and there, maybe playing a lot when a new patch/expansion comes out. Don't be shocked if you see big changes to raid design next expansion, personally I think organized raiding in of itself is obsolete.
    agreed thats why i pug normal and heroic NH. I can't be bothered to do organized raiding in 2017 but in 2007-2010 i loved doing my guild raids in BC-WOTLK we were best on the server even raiding 4 days a week but now i cringe at the thought...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabii View Post
    we're just a casual heroic raiding guild who has suffered from attendance issues the past few weeks, including myself.

I'm just burnt out, I just don't care anymore. Partially it's that I foolishly tired to level alts and the leveling grind then the wait and watch time sink of the third relic slot, then watch and wait to get from AK 20-25 so AP grind is worth it, then the AP grind and gear grind only to realize there's no point since my main has 3 of the 4 best legs heroic 4 pc and decent trinkets. On my main I found there's little point since I'm only trying to get the chance of a chance that something will titan forge but more often than not it's some piece of gear thats not good, has the worst secondary stats possible or 25-35 gold, after weeks of this it begins to feel pointless.

In turn add that to eventually happening to alts or actually running raids with alts and getting the same luck added to the grind it takes to get to this point...my eyes begin to bleed.

I think burnout started when I was running VoW ad nauseam for a good ilvl FCM only to get AP and some random piece of crap gear with the worst possible stats from the end chest then the weekly being some POS gear again with the worst possible stats OR more often than not something for a slot I have a legendary for. After while this too begins to feel pointless, actually even more so since m+ dungeons are the same shit over and over and over and over. Oh now look it's a most of the time trivial affix that sure makes the same instance super fresh. Oh I did a +15 got AP I feel special now cause I got a chive no one cares I got. I started to feel like I have better things to do, like watch paint dry.
    this too is a great example of breaking free from the shackles of wow and the skinner box in general. The rat in the skinner box is slowly see the light and climbing their way out.. #believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    agreed thats why i pug normal and heroic NH. I can't be bothered to do organized raiding in 2017 but in 2007-2010 i loved doing my guild raids in BC-WOTLK we were best on the server even raiding 4 days a week but now i cringe at the thought...
    You grew up, that's what happened. Adults know that scheduling 3-4 nights per week to spend 4-5 hours on a video game, listening to an unemployed manlet screaming at them because no raid leaders/officers have any clue how to manage people, is something that should be reserved for underaged kids, students who don't care about actually getting a degree and unemployed leeches.

Any adult with a real job, and streaming/creating Youtube videos in your dad's attic is not a real job, who thinks raiding 3-4 nights/week is a good investment of their time needs to reevaluate their goals in life.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-03-18 at 02:26 PM.

This is really why raiding as a whole is dying. Playing together with friends is fun in mmos but as soon as you make it larger than playing with some friends and you start requiring scheduling. That's when you get to the point to where it just takes too much to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    That's what Legion does to you, If you're not a casual this expansion Isn't for you, but If you're trying to raid constantly, and doing the same old content but In 50 different difficulties then you'll burn out much quicker. There was nothing wrong with you having Normal and then Heroic as the last high end raid to run, why add a 3rd one? Not only that but we got LFR added which just also ruins It, making people think raiding Is so easy and anyone can do It.

I highly doubt Tomb of Sargeras will do anything to bring people back, most people don't come back for patches, but then there's been no large content patches for Legion yet, and no 7.1 doesn't count with a mini raid and Karazhan that people finished within a week.

Besides 7.2 launching doesn't mean Tomb Is accesed already, It might take a week or two after 7.2 comes out for the tomb to launch. I mean why not? Nighthold, supposedly a launch raid was released a week after 7.1.5 In January.

But In nearly 7 months we've had little to no content and surely no high end one, why? It's a casual joe's expansion, there's no place for hardcore players here, of the PvE or PvP variety because there's literaly an endless grind for gear, artifact power & Legendaries that If you don't have, you'll suck.

Are people starting to realize a casual wow Is not going to last? A hardcore Wow was up until Wrath, and ended with Cataclysm releasing, and It's no coincidence that since that time we went from 12 mil subs to 5.5 mil In Q3 2015 weeks after 6.2 Hellfire Citadel launched, and after 14 months of no content until Legion launch, plus the horrific content, the grindy content we've been given In Legion the subs are as low as 3 mil realisticly. Soon enough the game will enter a death spiral where you can't queue up for anything, It will take hours to do so, and nobody will be raiding or PvPing. 3 mil might sound like a lot, but consider the amount of "Goldshire" dwellers among those, the amount of people who bought wow tokens to last until the next expansion (Who shouldn't count among subs but still) & bot-users and multiple accounts that some people have, especially multiboxers. That leaves you perhaps 2 - 2.5 mil legitimate subs.

You can't maintain a long-term playerbase with casuals, Blizz.
    It always amazes me to watch raiders complain about non-raiders. Considering that over 80% of every new patch focuses on the new raid and practically nothing else, why would a non-raider even play more than a couple months after a new expansion? Yet, somehow the grind in Legion is their fault.... What else can you blame on them? They do seem to be a favorite scapegoat on these forums.