Ungoro Madness, Skumblade Tribe, and the Saurok

So I noticed that in the new Hearthstone Expansion and the new micro holiday in WoW the Skumblade Tribe, a tribe of Saurok from the Isle of Thunder, are in Ungoro now. At first I thought it was just one of those Hearthstone things where they take liberties but with the holiday now including an actual Saurok from the tribe as a boss, does this mean the Saurok Tribes are moving around outside of Pandaria? I know this is MMOC and not the official Forums, but I would be curious to know how exactly they made it to Ungoro of all places.

7+ Year Old Account
    The skumblade tribe would feel right at home in Un'goro. They have worshiped a giant devilsaur and in fact believe themselves to be his descendants. Living in an area with a large population of devilsaur and other similar wildlife must make them feel at home.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Kros

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I imagine the Skumblade probably took over one of the derelict Zandalari frigates anchored at the coast of the Isle of Thunder, especially as the Zandalari at the Isle of Thunder were routed completely with Lei Shen's fall at the Throne. They'd probably heard tales of where the Zandalari found their devilsaurs and made their way to Un'goro at speed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Its also mentioned that Garrosh captured some of them during his time on Pandria, I know some of them are part of the Thok encounter but its still possible a handful might have made their way out of Org and ended up in Ungoro.

First thing in a while I won't complain about honestly. It means my RP Events can have more variety

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly it seems to be part of "gadgetzanization" of wow lore where things are starting to mix up and we shouldn't think too hard about it.

I mean the entire mean streats of gadgetzan set is essecially the most liberal they were with lore (even if its spin-off).

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross pollination of concepts from Hearthstone into World of Warcraft gets me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Cross pollination of concepts from Hearthstone into World of Warcraft gets me off.
    One can only hope that the one to lead army of light won't be anduin nor illidan, but ragnaros the lightlord.

Personally i feel like that the idea presented for Un'goro in HS is actually quite fitting, wouldn't mind if that would actually be somehow present in WoW.

I mean Un'goro in WoW is among the most boring zones in WoW in my opinion, a flat swampy area filled with random dinosaurs from left to right, along with the awesome design for trees they had during vanilla so no one would have to look at the horrible pixel tree tops.

However stuff like Mean streets of Gadgetzan can just fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Oddly enough, "Chronicle Vol. 2" seems to implicitly confirm that "One Night in Karazhan" in Hearthstone could've happened in some capacity - in the early days before the First War Medivh was prone to hold revels and galas in Karazhan, inviting the nearby nobility from Brightwood (Duskwood-to-be) and Stormwind. He tried to pass himself off as a playboy and idler so that the Kirin Tor and the Council of Tirisfal would overlook his actions in preparing for the invasion of the Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    One can only hope that the one to lead army of light won't be anduin nor illidan, but ragnaros the lightlord.
    *Hnnnng*

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally i feel like that the idea presented for Un'goro in HS is actually quite fitting, wouldn't mind if that would actually be somehow present in WoW.

I mean Un'goro in WoW is among the most boring zones in WoW in my opinion, a flat swampy area filled with random dinosaurs from left to right, along with the awesome design for trees they had during vanilla so no one would have to look at the horrible pixel tree tops.

However stuff like Mean streets of Gadgetzan can just fuck off.
    For me, I don't see it as an all or nothing thing. The goofier elements of Hearthstone, yeah - I don't see those are fitting in to WoW, even considering WoW is pretty goofy in a lot of ways already.

But some of the general, core concepts for Hearthstone are awesome, even from Mean Streets - the silly 20s gangster aesthetic, no. But the idea of Gadgetzan expanding into a sprawling port town with trade and crime as a huge feature, yes please. And a lot of the characters and creatures introduced are super interesting, like this guy. Or this happy fellow. Or this! Or even this!

Give the presentation a bit of reworking to make it more inline with WoW, and I would love to see them in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    [I]
    But some of the general, core concepts for Hearthstone are awesome, even from Mean Streets - the silly 20s gangster aesthetic, no. But the idea of Gadgetzan expanding into a sprawling port town with trade and crime as a huge feature, yes please. And a lot of the characters and creatures introduced are super interesting, like this guy. Or this happy fellow. Or this! Or even this!

Give the presentation a bit of reworking to make it more inline with WoW, and I would love to see them in-game.
    You missed the best one THE ARCH THIEF RAFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You missed the best one THE ARCH THIEF RAFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.
    Well I was only talking about Mean Streets but oh my god yeees Rafaam is for pimps only.

I did a whole thread about this kind of thing.

I thought the micro-holidays weren't really cannon?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Looking on Wowpedia, apparently there's a Skumblade saurok by the name of Akaridal in Un'Goro.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Akaridal

Good for them, always having to live in the shadows of other civilizations while stuck on that island. Now they can go to Un'goro and thrive, maybe build up a civilization of their own and be future content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if they made in-game gadgetzan as big as it is in hearthstone, with all the warring gangs and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Good for them, always having to live in the shadows of other civilizations while stuck on that island. Now they can go to Un'goro and thrive, maybe build up a civilization of their own and be future content.
    And then they can invade others like some shitty version of the Skaven.

Un'goro was always sort of an homage to Land of the Lost. What if the Saurok complete the reference by building a lizard civilization in the lore later on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I thought the micro-holidays weren't really cannon?
    Do you have a source on that? If anything, the micro-holidays feel more like Azerothian holidays than the more conventional ones, like Hallow's End (Halloween) and Winter's Veil (Christmas).

Hearthstone, on the other hand, is only loosely canon. The card game itself is canon, but the lore elements are much more dubious and should be taken as canon on a case-by-case basis.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University