Poll: Do you like Diablofied WoW?

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Dem leaps of logic.
    What about my sources (besides my own experience) I provided? Many videos on youtube by mythic raiders that quit, an interview with exorsus by Finalboss etc.

Outlandish? Get to their level then. They understand raiding and the flaws of gearing in Legion way better than you do.

Mythic NH requires way higher item level than default heroic can yield.
    Most guilds kill star augur and disenchant most loot because if it doesnt proc its not an upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    What about my sources (besides my own experience) I provided? Many videos on youtube by mythic raiders that quit, an interview with exorsus by Finalboss etc.

Outlandish? Get to their level then. They understand raiding and the flaws of gearing in Legion way better than you do.

Mythic NH requires way higher item level than default heroic can yield.
    Most guilds kill star augur and disenchant most loot because if it doesnt proc its not an upgrade.
    Mh mh tell me more about those youtube videos.

Deleted
    Mh mh tell me more about those youtube videos.
    Defenseless, yet afraid to admit defeat. Why did you even reply? Do you just want to get your post count up?

Well I agree on some. The Artifact power grind is fine, the games needs something like that. I am not into this whole "everyone gets everything at the same exact time" kinda thing. But as for the direction classes are going.. My main was a Monk since they came out, but in this xpac I don't play him at all, it is way too Diablo 3-ish... It no longer feels like a Monk. I tried a DH for awhile and wow.... That class is more Diablo 3-ish than any class in wow atm.. Stop making classes so Diablo 3-ish, Blizz it is OKAY to give classes more than 6 abilities, just fyi

This has already been addressed on previous pages and more able users have grasped the difference between exclusive and inclusive "we". Thanks anyway.
    You've very welcome. I'm glad I helped you be a better writer. I wish you luck with your tabloid applications.

Also, the thread title seems to be missing an apostrophe and a grave accent seems to have taken its place.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I have no issue with legion at all speak for yourself

You mean the loot system without Titanforged?

You do realize that with the possibility to Titanforge getting a regular item makes you just unlucky?

Loot has always been RNG but in Legion it has multiple layers of it, and not just whether it drops or not.
    There you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Luck has more say in Legion gearing than effort. Check videos by top guild players, including the one with Exorsus by Finalboss, and the recent one by Preach.

Fill yourself in on the abomination that gearing RNG is in Legion. It was never that bad.
    Preach doesn't seem to understand the gearing system either. He's salty because after clearing bosses a few times the raid hasn't become a faceroll.

Getting a regular version from a boss is already "lucky" in the sense that you had more of a chance of getting nothing than something, after that you have a exponentially decreasing chance of getting higher ilvl upgraded versions. Prior to the current model gear was binary (with some systems in between). You either got the item or you didnt. The current system is gradiated. Meaning your upgrades will be more frequent but less extreme in the amount they upgrade on average (after farming the previous teir/next lower difficulty youll have had a decent chance at some WF items, with one or 2 TF items, making the bass ilvl of the next tier (the versions youre likely to get first) less of an upgrade than in previous raids in expansions. You still have the very small chance at a big upgrade, but overall it wont make a big difference in your player's power level outside rare cases like an overbudgeted trinket or legendary (those kinds of items are nothing new). Legendaries for some specs are too extreme in the power disparity between them, and the diminishing chance at new ones made that a lot worse. They removed the diminishing chance, and are rebalancing them in 7.2. You also always had AP from doing whatever you wanted to do as a sure way of progressing. In short the expansion is less rng than those in the past, but on a diminishing returns/near infinite progression curve. This both makes it less rng and makes it more exciting and keeps more content relevant much longer than in the past. It also allows for tighter tuning of raids to make them harder longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You've very welcome. I'm glad I helped you be a better writer. I wish you luck with your tabloid applications.
    You're welcome to relish in your newly-received knowledge about how the meaning of "we" depends on context.

Hint: I didn't mean everyone.

Deleted
    Defenseless, yet afraid to admit defeat. Why did you even reply? Do you just want to get your post count up?
    Listen to this guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Preach doesn't seem to understand the gearing system either. He's salty because after clearing bosses a few times the raid hasn't become a faceroll.

Getting a regular version from a boss is already "lucky" in the sense that you had more of a chance of getting nothing than something, after that you have a exponentially decreasing chance of getting higher ilvl upgraded versions. Prior to the current model gear was binary (with some systems in between). You either got the item or you didnt. The current system is gradiated. Meaning your upgrades will be more frequent but less extreme in the amount they upgrade on average (after farming the previous teir/next lower difficulty youll have had a decent chance at some WF items, with one or 2 TF items, making the bass ilvl of the next tier (the versions youre likely to get first) less of an upgrade than in previous raids in expansions. You still have the very small chance at a big upgrade, but overall it wont make a big difference in your player's power level outside rare cases like an overbudgeted trinket or legendary (those kinds of items are nothing new). Legendaries for some specs are too extreme in the power disparity between them, and the diminishing chance at new ones made that a lot worse. They removed the diminishing chance, and are rebalancing them in 7.2. You also always had AP from doing whatever you wanted to do as a sure way of progressing. In short the expansion is less rng than those in the past, but on a diminishing returns/near infinite progression curve. This both makes it less rng and makes it more exciting and keeps more content relevant much longer than in the past. It also allows for tighter tuning of raids to make them harder longer.
    Regular versions dont feel rewarding at all currently in NH. The raid was overtuned because many people had very high ilvl items from M+ spam.

Top guilds were also decked in extremely high TF gear and they struggled in mythic. How can you say TF is a bonus? If they hadnt balanced the raid around it, it would have rolled over like EN did.

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    Well said. Most ppl that don't get this are exactly the ones who turned wow into what it is. People that wouldn't know nor last in a real mmo if it hit them in the head.

Unfortunately blizzard could care less about retention. At this point they will cater to the majority which is the revolving door of instant gratification seeking selfish entitled millenials who will sub, un sub, re sub, and un sub yet again.

They're not alone. They're who blizzard made wow for unfortunately.
    Its exactly the instant gratification crowd that he is, and you are. He wants to be able to be done with the content in a short period of time, so he can either then gear up alts, farm battle pets, undress male blood elves and watch them dance, or unsub.. until the next raid.. as a revolving door player..

Deleted
    Listen to this guy
    You will be categorized as a troll in my books from here on out. I reply to trolls not. Bye.

Regular versions dont feel rewarding at all currently in NH. The raid was overtuned because many people had very high ilvl items from M+ spam.

Top guilds were also decked in extremely high TF gear and they struggled in mythic. How can you say TF is a bonus? If they hadnt balanced the raid around it, it would have rolled over like EN did.
    They shouldnt say it if its not true, but its a good thing to balance the end game around what people are actually getting and doing than letting it be a faceroll. Having a mythic Gul'Dan kill is still pretty damn prestigious, which is what we want, right?

Deleted
    Its exactly the instant gratification crowd that he is, and you are. He wants to be able to be done with the content in a short period of time, so he can either then gear up alts, farm battle pets, undress male blood elves and watch them dance, or unsub.. until the next raid.. as a revolving door player..
    Not so much that, but rather that the artificial prolonging of content life by making everything RNG-based and introducing more layers of RNG into something that previously had just one (loot and whether it dropped or not) has had a rather demoralizing effect on many players.

If anything, it is you who demands instant gratification by having a random LFR item Titanforge many times since you avidly advocate it.

- - - Updated - - -

They shouldnt say it if its not true, but its a good thing to balance the end game around what people are actually getting and doing than letting it be a faceroll. Having a mythic Gul'Dan kill is still pretty damn prestigious, which is what we want, right?
    The problem is that the raid was tuned around something that was seen by players as but a bonus.
    + indirect nerfs in 7.2 (meaning it was intended from the get-go to prolong the life of content)

Deleted
    You will be categorized as a troll in my books from here on out. I reply to trolls not. Bye.
    Look at what you're saying and ask yourself a couple of questions. Can't you see you're being pathetic?

Nighthold tuned on titanforged gear. Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

Not so much that, but rather that the artificial prolonging of content life by making everything RNG-based and introducing more layers of RNG into something that previously had just one (loot and whether it dropped or not) haa had a rather demoralizing effect on many players.

If anything, it is you who demands instant gratification by having a random LFR item Titanforge many times since you avidly advocate it.
    So as someone who people claim "grinds endlessly and has no life." I'm someone who wants instant gratification? Wanting more things to work toward is wanting "instant gratification? I know the math, I dont go into anything under +15 mythic plus, or herioc NH expecting a chance at an upgrade, and then, having all gear AT LEAST at the base ilvl for herioc NH I know my chances there or in a mythic plus are slim, weekly 900ilvl chest is like a 1/4 chance maybe. I dont raid mythic NH because I like my group of players that are cross realm, and have not liked the mythic raid teams Ive played with. I play to spend time with my friends and slowly upgrade my character, and try to get better at playing it. There is no end point to that, I was instantly satisfied when I logged into the expansion and felt like my 1 main character was me again, instead of just collecting my 11th level capped alt, and having little to work on with other players I couldnt do faster on my own. Ive been instantly satisfied the entire expansion, but never satiated, because there's always more relevant things I can do and my friends want help with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Err no. The alternative to less RNG like in the past is that YOU get jack shit of nothing. I'd get BiS Mythic raid gear and BiS raid legendary, so I'd be happy to see my efforts rewarded appropriately.

You know who doesn't get rewarded in that scenario?

Certain people that don't raid for whatever reasons, but most of the times because they are simply too bad for Mythic, and don't even try to contradict me, cause I'm recruiting for 10 years, I even have elaborate methods on how to demote people from Recruit to Social without messing up their frail egos too much, cause hey, why not protect them a bit from the truth, what's there to gain telling them how bad they actually are.
    Luckily, you're a dieing breed in wow and with the help of god we'll get to see the back of you soon enough.

Deleted
    So as someone who people claim "grinds endlessly and has no life." I'm someone who wants instant gratification? Wanting more things to work toward is wanting "instant gratification? I know the math, I dont go into anything under +15 mythic plus, or herioc NH expecting a chance at an upgrade, and then, having all gear AT LEAST at the base ilvl for herioc NH I know my chances there or in a mythic plus are slim, weekly 900ilvl chest is like a 1/4 chance maybe. I dont raid mythic NH because I like my group of players that are cross realm, and have not liked the mythic raid teams Ive played with. I play to spend time with my friends and slowly upgrade my character, and try to get better at playing it. There is no end point to that, I was instantly satisfied when I logged into the expansion and felt like my 1 main character was me again, instead of just collecting my 11th level capped alt, and having little to work on with other players I couldnt do faster on my own. Ive been instantly satisfied the entire expansion, but never satiated, because there's always more relevant things I can do and my friends want help with.
    Fair enough. In that case, how glorious it would be if instead of running the same dungeons / WQs over and over again, there would be an epic questline for each legendary that demanded skill, dexterity and constant improvement from the player. Amount of legendaries available to each spec could be reduced accordingly.

That way the most integral part of this expansion - Legendaries - would be tied to effort and not luck. And scrubs wouldn't get them, because they just aren't good enough and must improve or quit.

Effort vs luck ratio should be adjusted in this game.

Deleted
    All of this revolves around people getting salty they didn't get their best legendary and not realising how much of a minority they really are.

Fair enough. In that case, how glorious it would be if instead of running the same dungeons / WQs over and over again, there would be an epic questline for each legendary that demanded skill, dexterity and constant improvement from the player. Amount of legendaries available to each spec could be reduced accordingly.

That way the most integral part of this expansion - Legendaries - would be tied to effort and not luck. And scrubs wouldn't get them, because they just aren't good enough and must improve or quit.

Effort vs luck ratio should be adjusted in this game.
    I'd kind of prefer legendaries to just be faster to get so by AP 54 you'd have them all for that spec. Never been a big fan of proving grounds type solo content as it just takes awhile, feels necessary, but not rewarding. I wouldnt mind certain single player content for prestigious mounts/pets/transmog though.

I like the game having skill creating a faster progression as the skill is higher, but I dont care for very exclusive content. Which you already get with this system for the most part. Skill is also not the same as effort. Rewards in this expansion are more or less going to reflect your skill x your effort + your guild's skill x their effort assuming you participate with them. Legendaries have been a clear flaw, but thats been improved drastically, and 7.2 should make it a nonissue for the most part.