Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happens when you have all legendaries for a spec?

So on my Hunter main I had 9/10 MM equippable legendaries (- Kil'Jaedan trinket) and a couple weeks ago switched to BM spec to go for those next.
    Got the BM boots and then this week got the trinket anyway.
    Now I have all MM legendaries and wondering about a few things...

If you stay in a loot spec you have all legendaries for, do you still earn BLP towards the next one?
    If you do, what happens when a legendary drop would trigger. Do you get duplicates? Or does nothing happen until you switch loot spec and then get one on your next legendary loot chance?
    I can imagine screwy things happening where it triggers, sees that you don't have any to get and it resets your BLP back to zero anyway.

I am in BM loot spec most of the time now but when clearing NH I do want to be in MM loot spec on a few bosses for relics.
    While it's unlikely that one of those few bosses will be a legendary drop, it would suck to lose a week or two of farm clears/emissaries etc. for legendaries by getting a duplicate or something because I need to be MM loot spec for other things.

Wondering if Blizz has ever commented on this, or if people who grinded out their legs a while ago have figured any of this out...
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2017-03-18 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    So on my Hunter main I had 9/10 MM equippable legendaries (- Kil'Jaedan trinket) and a couple weeks ago switched to BM spec to go for those next.
    Got the BM boots and then this week got the trinket anyway.
    Now I have all MM legendaries and wondering about a few things...

If you stay in a loot spec you have all legendaries for, do you still earn BLP towards the next one?
    If you do, what happens when a legendary drop would trigger. Do you get duplicates? Or does nothing happen until you switch loot spec and then get one on your next legendary loot chance?
    I can imagine screwy things happening where it triggers, sees that you don't have any to get and it resets your BLP back to zero anyway.

I am in BM loot spec most of the time now but when clearing NH I do want to be in MM loot spec on a few bosses for relics.
    While it's unlikely that one of those few bosses will be a legendary drop, it would suck to lose a week or two of farm clears/emissaries etc. for legendaries by getting a duplicate or something because I need to be MM loot spec for other things.

Wondering if Blizz has ever commented on this, or if people who grinded out their legs a while ago have figured any of this out...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Don't give them any ideas for more grinding. Enjoy your freedom and go take a nature walk or something.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Blizz knows, and they haven't released the info for what happens in this rare circumstance that only affects .00001% of their playerbase.

Swap loot spec to BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeh yeh whatever -.-
    Legs really aren't hard to get now, if you're clearing old raids on LFR/NM/HC every week you're almost guaranteed to get one every 1-2 weeks.
    I consistently run into people in clear groups also with 8-10+ legs, it's not that rare these days...
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2017-03-18 at 03:46 AM.

Yeh yeh whatever -.-
    Legs really aren't hard to get now, if you're clearing old raids on LFR/NM/HC every week you're almost guaranteed to get one every 1-2 weeks.
    I consistently run into people in clear groups also with 8-10+ legs, it's not that rare these days...
    Nah I got like seven legendaries now but when you have like, all of them...welp, game over really.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeh yeh whatever -.-
    I have well over 1.1k runs on mythic +, have done LFR, NM, HC and mythic for the past 6 months and i only have 6 legendaries

I can't answer your question and I doubt anyone but Blizzard actually could, and they won't. What I can tell you is that it isn't actually a problem for you to seek BM legendaries yet MM relics.

1. You can have your loot spec set as BM during each boss kill, if it is time for a legendary then it will give you a BM legendary upon the death of the boss.
    2. You can then set your loot spec to marksman and bonus roll to be eligible for only marksman relics.

I *think* but do not know for sure that this would work with personal loot as well if you are commonly using that system. I believe that personal loot is generated when you loot the boss rather than when it dies, so switching desired loot spec prior to right clicking the boss corpse could still generate the desired effect.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    I have well over 1.1k runs on mythic +, have done LFR, NM, HC and mythic for the past 6 months and i only have 6 legendaries
    Really only matters how much content you've done the last 2 months.

Deleted
    Yeh yeh whatever -.-
    that's bullshit as fuck, i have 800 mythic plus and have done all lockouts of every raid so fare every week and only have 5 legendaries. You are just a lucky fucker that's all.

7+ Year Old Account
    ive seen a screenshot of a guy who had all but 1 for his spec, so idk its close
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I've wondered the same but without an official answer there remains nothing more than speculation.

I'm assuming that you just won't be able to get another legendary if you got all available legendaries of your loot spec - which would be dumb (but typical Blizz ) as there is no reliable way to predict legendary loot in contrast to standard loot where you can change loot spec for a specific boss because you want a specific item for your off-spec.

Though, I think it would also make sense if the game just rolled a random off-spec legendary for you as legendaries don't seem to work like regular loot.

Standard loot seems to work like:
    boss dead -> check static loot table for loot spec -> either get one of those items or not (+ WF/TF/Socket/Tertiary)

Legendaries, however, seem to be more like:
    boss dead / chest opened -> check legendary loot chance -> if positive check what legendaries are already on character -> get one of the available legendaries for your loot spec

IMO the best way would be to implement a 'Legendary Loot Spec' as you shouldn't be punished for changing loot spec for that one item that you want from that boss for your off-spec. That surely would have prevented my Fury Warrior from getting 2 Prot Legendaries... *sigh*
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-03-18 at 04:35 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    that's bullshit as fuck, i have 800 mythic plus and have done all lockouts of every raid so fare every week and only have 5 legendaries. You are just a lucky fucker that's all.
    I also do LFR,NM,HC of the old raids and have five legendaries. I have never even done one mythic + dungeons and rarely do mythic dungeons. Since beginning of Legion I have done most of the emissonry caches and plenty of WQ but have cut back on that now. I raid NH normal every week atm too.

Well starting next patch you get a token that can then be consumed and turned into a random legendary.

You get a MEGGGAAAAAA legendary and get to be the only player on blizzard sponsored legacy realm wondering whats the point of all this.

You'll probably receive a legendary appropriate for a random different spec.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Well starting next patch you get a token that can then be consumed and turned into a random legendary.
    Didn't they remove that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ive seen a screenshot of a guy who had all but 1 for his spec, so idk its close
    not saying he doesn't have 10, just saying he is incredibly lucky thats all. and his "you get one every 1-2 weeks" is a load of bullshit.

Deleted
    Turn off the pc, open the curtains and rediscover sunlight.

Yeh yeh whatever -.-
    Is that sarcasm? Running all that shit every week is insane.