Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well... Four attempts at Normal labs. Four times I've laughed my way through the bosses without a care in the world.

Four times I've died due to doing stupid shit like turning around to change the channel, while standing on a trap.

Why am I so bad ?
    Don't worry!

Justice will be served
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Oh man, they were not wrong about United in Dream! Still desperate on them reworking specters.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I GOT A TABULA RASA IT FEELS SO GOOD

I'm finding myself with the first issues due to low-ish hp, but have plenty of points to spare and now i'm just hunting for HP nodes and the right armor.

As for next character: i feel that a CI build will be too difficult for me to try. So asking if while keeping the Shadow as starting point i could go for a life and 2h sword build. Still keeping VS as main hitter.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I GOT A TABULA RASA IT FEELS SO GOOD

I'm finding myself with the first issues due to low-ish hp, but have plenty of points to spare and now i'm just hunting for HP nodes and the right armor.

As for next character: i feel that a CI build will be too difficult for me to try. So asking if while keeping the Shadow as starting point i could go for a life and 2h sword build. Still keeping VS as main hitter.
    yes and no - your VS build works fine as life instead of es (still using assassin) but 2h sword doesn't really go together well. You still want to stick to daggers for the crit chance/multi nodes. But if you go life, you can actually dualwield daggers rather then 1 dagger+shield as ES - so it has its perks.

edit:

CI isn't "hard" - but it requires one of those silly uniques or traveling to china to pick up unwavering stance in your build. Because of that I would stick with life builds until you have one of these stun protection uniques, then you can play around with CI builds.

Also there's a 60/80% stun protection (merciless/uber) lab boot enchant - it's good enough to also try with that, so if you ever enchant a pair of boots with that enchant, keep it around.

Last but not least: while there are over 300 helm enchants from lab, there are only 16/18 (either, cant remember) boot enchants, and out of those, there are at least 4 really good ones that enable builds, like mentioned stun avoidance, but also life/mana leech and so on. There is also a prophecy that gives you 2 shots at enchanting per lab you run (it's called Twice Enchanted) - making it a 1/9 chance to hit a specific enchant, or even upwards of 1/3 if you are after multiple enchants.

Because boot enchants are really farmable, it is totally worth to bring a few pair of good boots to merciless and/or uber lab to get them enchanted. It will give you more build diversity choices.

ps: you can also just add me ingame (falagar112) and ask your questions over there, in some cases that will both get things answered faster and easier (as I can actually link things)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Oh man, they were not wrong about United in Dream! Still desperate on them reworking specters.
    It's a shame as it's a really fun build - but as you said, spectres maintenance is a huge pain in the ass and even after multiple attempts at making their AI better, it's still not quite there.

Because of that the only "summoner" I ever liked playing was summon raging spirits. Their AI is garbage too but at least there's so many of them that they will just swarm everything
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-17 at 01:06 PM.
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    ps: you can also just add me ingame (falagar112) and ask your questions over there, in some cases that will both get things answered faster and easier (as I can actually link things)
    Will do Then is it possible to build an evasion/2h melee character? Maybe starting as Duelist is better. I'll stick with a classic dw daggers Shadow for Viper Strike - until i can run with a nocrit build or something on the line.

Will do Then is it possible to build an evasion/2h melee character? Maybe starting as Duelist is better. I'll stick with a classic dw daggers Shadow for Viper Strike - until i can run with a nocrit build or something on the line.
    I'll have to be honest and say that I've never played a 2h melee build in my life
    My DK

so many fun builds you can do it this game. its too bad not that many people play this gem of a game.

I'll have to be honest and say that I've never played a 2h melee build in my life
    Then i'll have to XD Well, i could go for a phys/fire damage character and use Detonate Dead since the only thing increasing its raw damage is +fire damage.

Then i'll have to XD Well, i could go for a phys/fire damage character and use Detonate Dead since the only thing increasing its raw damage is +fire damage.
    Your ideas are alright but you are still locked into a way of thinking that limits your imagination coming up with these builds

Like detonate dead. Detonate dead does secondary damage (very similar to righteous fire, but with the difference that it actually "hits".) Because of that, as you said, spelldamage does not work on it.

However DD is still scaling with elemental damage, fire damage and area damage. Not just fire. Because it scales with elemental damage, your melee portion is in no way limited to fire damage - you can build for elemental damage instead of spelldamage and doubledip on both your abilities.

DD can crit (I think?) but it is not affected by spellcrit nodes either. But is affected by global crit nodes (that will also affect your melee skill) So you can figure out an elemental overload build for detonate dead, and couple it with any elemental damage dealing melee skill to doubledip on passives.

If you do the DD route, you want to use elemental damage% maces - they are one handers. You can get away dualwielding elemental% maces - it will be harder to manage with a 2 hander. (Remember a 1h mace can roll like 100%++ elemental damage, so dualwielding 2 of these will always beat the 2h option)

My gripe with 2 handers (and this goes from pretty much all ARPG, not just in PoE) - they are just to slow to really make it feel like a fast paced game.
    The exception to this (altough I've never played this myself) is disfavour axe raiders. But getting a disfavour on SSF means you have to be able to farm uber atziri to start with (it's one of her 4 drops) - which means you already need another geared char to have a shot at it.

Because of that, on SSF, I would strongly suggest ditching all your ideas (or rather, make them secondary choices after collecting some gear) and make a character that only has the goal of farming as many low/mid-tier uniques as possible so you can use those to fine tune other characters you make after.

Since you have a tabula now, you should take a look at the build I am playing this league - it can farm mid tier maps in about a minute per map and can run magic find doing so. I've found around 5 tier one uniques this league - and even though I don't play SSF, short of 2 items all my gear is self found/self crafted. Those 2 items are my head/boots because I wanted the specific enchant and this char is bad at farming lab

I think my main gripe in SSF is one of the S in there. I like the idea of self found (fuck trading in this game, "this player is afk") but I want to be able to play with friends (and have no issues not being able to trade between each other)

edit:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...1812747/page/1

In case you are interested in my build have a look at that. Mind I am playing high budget endgame version, but started with the tabula/magic find version to get all the drops needed for the endgame version. I dropped and linked my own shav etc
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-18 at 12:52 PM.
    My DK

I probably shouldn't be suggesting an idea requiring a specific unique, but Oro's Sacrifice could lead to an interesting 2h Detonate Dead character. =p A Fire/Ignite build with Flicker CoMK DD...

Hello guys sorry if i make off topic.
    I wanna ask about POE i play in beta and now after years i wanna try to play again seems pretty nice.

I wanna ask is this game so much for time consuming ? coz family kids etc . And if its hard to level up fresh new character .

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I probably shouldn't be suggesting an idea requiring a specific unique, but Oro's Sacrifice could lead to an interesting 2h Detonate Dead character. =p A Fire/Ignite build with Flicker CoMK DD...
    I was thinking about that but as you said it's hard on SSF to get a build that requires a unique and doesn't work without it
    That is why I recommended (vaal) spark, as it is very easy on gear requirements, you only need a tabula and 1/2 of the unique jewels to start farming. Tabula he already has, and the jewels are very easy to self craft vaaling all viridian jewels you find. (I did exactly that this league)

I think any build that can use the tabula and can use self crafted decent rares will get by fine, and when you can farm the maps and get some uniques to drop, you can then consider other characters that make us of those

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    I wanna ask about POE i play in beta and now after years i wanna try to play again seems pretty nice.

I wanna ask is this game so much for time consuming ? coz family kids etc . And if its hard to level up fresh new character .

Ty
    It is as time consuming as you want it to be really. What I mean with that is that the leveling process isn't very hard nor time consuming, and what your goal after getting to endgame level is, determines how much time you need to invest.

People get to level 100 within a week of new league start nowadays - sure they do it in a group pooling resources together - but it just goes to show that it really isn't all that bad.

SSF is another story - you will need to invest a lot of time to get to a point where you can freely roll whatever character you want to actually play - as many build defining uniques you will need to actually drop yourself.
    My DK

It's a shame as it's a really fun build - but as you said, spectres maintenance is a huge pain in the ass and even after multiple attempts at making their AI better, it's still not quite there.

Because of that the only "summoner" I ever liked playing was summon raging spirits. Their AI is garbage too but at least there's so many of them that they will just swarm everything
    ATM it's pulling super strong. Pretty much have the needed uniques so now I'm just hunting for better rares to replace my mediocre ones. That and work my way on lv21 gems.

Minion AI doesn't matter too much when Sentinals just bombard the map or miscreations simply run around and melt like they have super RF (my build during Breach). I'm at the phase where I can just alch a map (at T14) and not worry too much about what affixes or leaguestones I'm facing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post

Ty
    Depends on how endgame you want to get.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Just in case any of you don't bother with the games forums or reddit, there was a potential data breach at GGG, so if you are non steam users you may want to change your password.

While we have no evidence that private user information was taken, we cannot rule this out. The personal information that we store can include:

An email address.
    A salted and hashed password.
    Recent IP addresses used to access the game and website.
    For users who have had goods shipped to them, a name and physical address

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so if I have Fortify Support and Increased Duration support on the same skill, it doesn't extend the duration of the Fortify buff?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wait, so if I have Fortify Support and Increased Duration support on the same skill, it doesn't extend the duration of the Fortify buff?
    Apparently not - Increased Duration works only on the base skill.

Fortify's duration can only be increased by effects that specifically say Fortify duration. Getting passives that increase skill duration (globally) or linking Increased Duration to Vigilant Strike also won't boost Fort's duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah well, back to Leap Slamming every 6 or so second XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be disappointing going back to a regular one off mechanic after being able to customize what you encounter and keep it fresh. Pretty cool about the console port, but have only seen news on it being xbone and not PS4.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Going to be disappointing going back to a regular one off mechanic after being able to customize what you encounter and keep it fresh. Pretty cool about the console port, but have only seen news on it being xbone and not PS4.
    That's because the xbox is basically just a PC down to it's OS, very simple to get the game running on it, it's then just a case of optimization and reworking the skills to work with a controller (if they can), the playstation would require a lot of reprogramming to get the game running, i would guess that they will wait and see how the xbox version dose before they consider a port to the PS.