Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Communism nor capitalism has anything to do with this topic.
    Actually - it is fundamental to this topic.

People who have pineapple on pizza are evil lefties wishing us all to conform to unpleasantness in the name of efficiency.

People who respect the culinary arts of course are more interested in the advancement of fine things, and prefer the taste over some cheap efficiency.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

"Hawaiian Pizza" is one of only two I will actually eat. The other is chicken teriyaki pizza.
    I also get olives on there too, but all that combined, makes pizza actually taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Who eats jelly beans with steaks?
    Well, that's what we are talking about here ... eating obviously sweet items with obviously savoury items.

Why stop at pineapple and pizza, jelly beans and steak, fish flavoured milkshakes ... the list goes on.

Pineapple on Pizza is just the start of a slippery slope that will see us all having bacon cola before long.

Then there will be war.

Damn, looks like time for war...

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

People who have pineapple on pizza are evil lefties wishing us all to conform to unpleasantness in the name of efficiency.

People who respect the culinary arts of course are more interested in the advancement of fine things, and prefer the taste over some cheap efficiency.
    And this is where the silliness of this topic goes. Next someone will accuse the pineapplers of being lizard men trying to take down the world.

10+ Year Old Account

Psssst, we're talking about pizza.
    Cheap efficiency is the bedrock of pizza

Well, that's what we are talking about here ... eating obviously sweet items with obviously savoury items.

Why stop at pineapple and pizza, jelly beans and steak, fish flavoured milkshakes ... the list goes on.

Pineapple on Pizza is just the start of a slippery slope that will see us all having pork cola before long.

Then there will be war.
    Im sure some of your BBQ people use cola in their sauce recipes.

Isn't there a whole sweet and salty movement? I think people should direct their hate to those weird chocolate and seas salt peddlers. Surely that's worse than pineapple on pizza.
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2017-03-18 at 07:07 AM.

Well, whilst the taste of the toilet seat would be in fact far superior - I'd be a little concerned with the change of disease.

In that case - I'd probably go for the pineapple on pizza but dose the thing in so much hot Indian curry that I didn't gag on the disgusting pizza/pineapple combo.
    I agree, The combination of sweet and savory is nauseous, for me at least. Not just on a pizza. Pork and Apple sausage for instance...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Yeah, but if you did, you'd eat it without pineapple right?
    Never ate pineapple....

Only meat I eat is bacon and steak mince. So that's probs a yes....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You and me, 3 o'clock, out by the swings to settle this!
    bring it on draenei kisser!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but if you did, you'd eat it without pineapple right?
    He would...or it be a paddlin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, since we're here.
    Fuck barbecue sauce used in Lieu of pizza sauce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Never ate pineapple....

Haha! Victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Never ate pineapple....

Eat a proper caramelized pineapple....that shit is delicious. I feel like the root of this problem is most of you had pineapple out of a can and improperly cooked. Get a real fresh pineapple, and make sure it caramelizes on the pizza.....yummmm

Fun aside, when I first started work and was told (verbally) that I had to keep track of my 'days in lieu' - I literally thought I had to keep track of the time I spend in the toilet whilst at work. Got suspicious when we got given time off for said time... and finally asked my pay clerk.

That embarrassment was better than eating Pineapple on Pizza.... by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun aside, when I first started work and was told (verbally) that I had to keep track of my 'days in lieu' - I literally thought I had to keep track of the time I spend in the toilet whilst at work. Got suspicious when we got given time off for said time... and finally asked my pay clerk.

Haha! I've never heard of that phrase being used to track time off, but that would suck to have to explain what you thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan
    Again, the rest of the world doesn't give 2 shits what your backwards courts decide
    That's alright, nobody in a food thread cares what you think about formalities of botany. Since American English lacks standard received, that case is probably as close as it gets to an assessment of how "tomato" is used in American English.

By the way, ask Pirate Bay how that worked.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Haha! Victory!

Gotta clock in/out for those poop breaks!

Haha! I've never heard of that phrase being used to track time off, but that would suck to have to explain what you thought
    Alternative holidays (days in lieu) If you work on a public holiday and it's a day you usually work, you'll get an alternative holiday — a paid day off you can take later. This is sometimes also called a day in lieu. - possibly an Aussie/NZ thing.

There is only ONE valid time to cook pineapple IMO ... battered, as a sweet.

Other than that - Pineapple was meant to be eaten fresh, not canned directly out of the natural container. The juice is the nectar of the gods and should be refrigerated then consumed as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    That's alright, nobody in a food thread cares what you think about formalities of botany.
    It would be impractical to use botanical terms to describe things in common language ... because we aren't botanists.

I mean - how many different names would the common man need for nuts (the food variety) if we actually had to use the biological terms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    People cry about pineapple on pizza, but happily ruin it with garbage like mushrooms and olives.
    You and I, we can be friends. Because that's a holy truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Pineapple + jalapenos = one of the greatest combos on pizza ever.
    ^This!