Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Regressive left sounds like a term coined by some right wing radio host. [it might not be but that is the quality of it]

Do you really want to sound like some right wing radio host?

Not saying there is not a point, there seems to be, but use a different slur. The left is supposed to be the creatives, be the left, embrace the left
    No. Maajid Nawaz first coined the phrase. A British-Pakistani Muslim.
    Last edited by Trollhammer; 2017-03-18 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    great so what's the issue?

Apologize it isn't that hard. Honestly it's like talking to a child to say their sorry even if they don't mean it. That's the point!
    What part of "He shouldn't have to Apologize" are you not getting? He made a joke, some people didn't like it.

People get pissy about something said....more news at 11. He isn't the president or anyone in real kind of power. He is a Youtuber/Twitch person.

If he just posted the word Turtle it would piss off people, should he apologize for that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Only he didn't resign because people were offended... He resigned because his friends displayed their true colors and that wasn't conducive to a work environment he wanted to be in.
    He Resigned for the reasons that was given. Hes stepping away from gaming and has been for awhile now, He has been on less and less shows over the months. He wants to do different things then what KFG does.

This just make it the perfect time to do so.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    I do currently and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Societies regression into a fractured culture of political correctness means that 9 times out of 10 you're going to be working with people afraid of upsetting someone, if you don't apologise for having a personality than they will do the grovelling for you. I actually find it amusing.
    No one should be apologizing for you. That shit's for assistant managers that don't have a spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Literally couldn't matter less.

Person did a thing. People respond with words and by not associating with him, both of which are components of some pretty fundamental rights. Get over yourselves. Nobody owes you association. Nobody owes you a favorable opinion. You guys bitch about safe spaces, "triggered," and victim complexes, but showcase all of them in spades. What you're doing here is nothing more than taking your victim complex to demand a safe space from anyone who might not like you for the things you say or do, lest your feelings get hurt. Poor you. Get over it.
    Exactly. These people are the biggest fucking hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I agree people's outrage over nothing is stupid, but so is the guy's thoughtless tweeting.
    But in the end its his twitter. If people don't like it they can unfallow him.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

From another thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx
    Wasn't he the cunt that said gamers were "entitled" because of the shitty ME3 ending?
    Well shit it is actually him. While getting fired(or resigning) for making one of the more tame jokes on twatter is a tad concerning, he doesn't get a shred of sympathy from me.

How One Stupid Tweet Blew Up Justine Sacco’s Life

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/m...ccos-life.html

Mob mentality is scary. There's got to be a better way to address issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    From another thread

Well shit it is actually him. While getting fired(or resigning) for making one of the more tame jokes on twatter is a tad concerning, he doesn't get a shred of sympathy from me.
    Hahaha. We are entitled, entitled to AAA quality ending. That being said, I only recently learnt that Manveer Heir was a contributor to ME and has inspired me to not buy Andromeda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But in the end its his twitter. If people don't like it they can unfallow him.
    It is his Twitter, indeed. But the way Twitter works, people are free to leave comments to your posts. He knew it when he was creating his account.

I think people should just be a bit more responsible for their actions. If you did something and it backfired, accept the consequences. You may not like the way people reacted, and their reaction may not have been justified - but ultimately, you made a choice, and they made a choice.
    And the guy in the story actually seems to have taken it as an adult. He made the point that he willingly resigned, without putting blame on anyone. I definitely respect the guy's behavior. I don't think he had to apologize for such a simple joke either.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No he had, a fairly successful business through youtube. Not sure if you follow him, but if Philip Defranco or someone on his staff had made a similar comment. I doubt he would care either, but i'm certain an apology would be right out the door. Because it's bad publicity. An apology is a cheap way for a business to save money.

Case in point.

https://twitter.com/phillyd/status/298277146235912193
    Did you just use a sarcastic apology for jokes that itself makes even more jokes as an example of apologizing for offending people?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is his Twitter, indeed. But the way Twitter works, people are free to leave comments to your posts. He knew it when he was creating his account.

I think people should just be a bit more responsible for their actions. If you did something and it backfired, accept the consequences. You may not like the way people reacted, and their reaction may not have been justified - but ultimately, you made a choice, and they made a choice.
    And the guy in the story actually seems to have taken it as an adult. He made the point that he willingly resigned, without putting blame on anyone. I definitely respect the guy's behavior. I don't think he had to apologize for such a simple joke either.
    So everyone should just self-censor and keep their mouths shut forever, lest their lives be ruined for offending people...?

Sounds like a fucking great society.

I don't disagree with this at all.

Like I said early'er I think he just seen this as a perfect time to go. He has been moving away from gaming for awhile, to the point where you was barely seeing him on any of the KFG shows.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So everyone should just self-censor and keep their mouths shut forever, lest their lives be ruined for offending people...?

Sounds like a fucking great society.
    Well, he came from a dictatorship. Would you expect anything less than socially enforced censorship?

You are taught self censorship at a very young age by your parents, teachers, and the rest of society. I know there are things that pop in my mind that would get me fired in a second if people heard me say them. Especially that I mean them.
    I was taught conflict avoidance. Not fucking peoples lives up for saying something I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    I was taught conflict avoidance. Not fucking peoples lives up for saying something I didn't like it.
    Not sure I believe that, you argue with people all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Not sure I believe that, you argue with people all the time.
    This isn't remotely the same as being face-to-face with people in a real-life situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You avoid conflict by not saying obvious offense things to people even if they are true. Self-censorship.
    Considering the vast majority of people not offended by this (literally everyone who's not some regressive leftist SJW), its not obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh, get the hell out of here with that. Prejudiced people getting upset when it's pointed out that they're prejudiced was not "why Trump won". If the put-upon bigot vote is that big in the USA, you guys have much bigger problems than Trump.

It's not "I beat my wife for looking at me" sexist, but making a sexist joke isn't "okay" just because you're trying to be funny.
    You're a moron. Comedy is inherently offensive...the ability to laugh at ourselves and others is part of being a human. But wait, this is Endus....of course you are going to say these things. In your perfect world free speech is allowed as long as it has no possible way to be taken poorly...or god forbid be a joke. You have laughed,told, and enjoyed jokes that someone, somewhere, found offensive....you're a fucking hypocrite. But anyone who follows these forums knows what a farce that moderator status is and how rediciulous your stances are. Continue to make yourself look like a tool...hint, he's right that people like yourself are pushing this current, right wing backlash. The fact you don't even realize that just shows how out of touch you are with your head up your own ass.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2017-03-18 at 02:40 PM.

You avoid conflict by not saying obvious offense things to people even if they are true. Self-censorship.
    I avoid acting out my own feelings even if I take offense to something too. I might think someone is an asshole or whatever but I'm not going to say anything in a real-life situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have a problem with the joke, but the fact he doubled down on it is kind of ridiculous.

While I strongly believe telling a joke is always okay, sometimes ill-advised but humor exists to cause happiness. Almost all jokes don't cause happiness for everyone, and that's also okay. Someone being offended over a joke is just as valid as someone finding it funny. When you tell a joke and people don't laugh you shouldn't feel defensive instead you should feel dejected. You must always remember that jokes are supposed to cause joy.

Too often people claim to be telling jokes but their goal isn't joy or laughter, rather outrage and controversy. The masquerade as if they want to bring about joy but they want the opposite, these false jokes are the ones that I have a problem with. When people get very defensive and start insulting people that disagree with them, well even if it wasn't originally a fake joke it has the same effect.