Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lucio PTR changes

Sonic Amplifier
    • Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
    • Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back

Crossfade
    • Song's area-of-effect radius decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters
    • A temporary in-game visual has been added to illustrate this radius (it is only visible to Lúcio and his teammates)

Heal Song
    • Healing-per-second has been increased by 50% (also applies to Lúcio's Amp It Up ability)

Sound Barrier
    • Radius decreased from 30 meters to 20 meters

Wall Ride
    • Movement speed increased by 30% when wall riding
    • Lúcio now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Sonic Amplifier
    • Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
    • Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back

Crossfade
    • Song's area-of-effect radius decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters
    • A temporary in-game visual has been added to illustrate this radius (it is only visible to Lúcio and his teammates)

Heal Song
    • Healing-per-second has been increased by 50% (also applies to Lúcio's Amp It Up ability)

Sound Barrier
    • Radius decreased from 30 meters to 20 meters

Wall Ride
    • Movement speed increased by 30% when wall riding
    • Lúcio now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall
    Nerf the distance but buff the healing? What? That doesn't make sense to me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Was told he's meant to be more of a flanker now. You know, how DSPStanky plays him all the time. Because that's how you make a healer more attractive to play. Totally.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Weird, makes him even more annoying to hit but cuts his range tremendously. Literally have to be on his nuts to get any effect from his auras now. :s

Not quite sure what they're going for here, but hey, I'll roll with it.

Looks like I won't be playing Lucio anymore if the aura change stays, this kills the Lucio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, Lucio's basically a wide, slow heal. Even Amping it up, he's a slow healer. He only pulls big numbers because his huge radius (60' wide circle around him) means that basically, if you're in LoS, you're getting heals, so he can often be slowly topping off 4-6 heroes at a time.

The change will give him a lot more "oomph" in his healing, but he'll have to get close to his targets. This will make him significantly better at emergency heals on a focus target/tank, and if his team can stay stacked up, will be a boost to his team healing. What it hoses is the ability to heal everyone across the room constantly.

For instance, take Ilios: Well. Currently, a Lucio anywhere in the capture point heals any team member anywhere else on the capture point, meaning he can often just focus on dancing around and randomly shooting things. With the changes, he'll have to be diving around the point to keep heals on his teammates as they need it, but he'll also be more effective at triage healing as he does so. It'll make Lucio healing an actual active component of his gameplay, rather than a passive one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Looks like I won't be playing Lucio anymore if the aura change stays, this kills the Lucio.
    Hardly. It's a massive buff to his healing potential, with the tradeoff that you and your team can't be as dumb about stuff. A Lucio dancing around the payload is still going to be healing everyone around the payload, and for far more than he was before, so now he's actually providing useful healing, not just being an annoying hard-to-hit target.

idk I thought the goal was to make him less mandatory, now it just seems like he's better than before even with the radius nerf.

It's going to be lucio/mercy for a long while it seems
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I think its a good change. the only problem i had with lucio was i didnt feel his heal (i mostly play tanks and 200 hp) so il gladly take this. also hes either gonna eb with the pack or up in the sky not healing much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right now, Lucio's basically a wide, slow heal. Even Amping it up, he's a slow healer. He only pulls big numbers because his huge radius (60' wide circle around him) means that basically, if you're in LoS, you're getting heals, so he can often be slowly topping off 4-6 heroes at a time.

The change will give him a lot more "oomph" in his healing, but he'll have to get close to his targets. This will make him significantly better at emergency heals on a focus target/tank, and if his team can stay stacked up, will be a boost to his team healing. What it hoses is the ability to heal everyone across the room constantly.

For instance, take Ilios: Well. Currently, a Lucio anywhere in the capture point heals any team member anywhere else on the capture point, meaning he can often just focus on dancing around and randomly shooting things. With the changes, he'll have to be diving around the point to keep heals on his teammates as they need it, but he'll also be more effective at triage healing as he does so. It'll make Lucio healing an actual active component of his gameplay, rather than a passive one.
    I think you need to do the math on the distance again.

The current circle is well more than 60 feet wide. 30 meters (currently) is over 90 feet in radius or 180 feet wide. The nerf circle will be about 65 feet in diameter or more accurately about 32.8 feet in radius. I don't think Ilios is the map that Lucio is affected. There are already a lot of LoS issues on that map for Lucio.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

https://gfycat.com/AffectionateLateCockatiel

Well we aren't going to be killing Lucios anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to do the math on the distance again.
    It's more just that I said "feet" rather than "meters".

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for game-breaking Mei bug fixes, but oh my god, her pinky looks weird sometimes, better get on that shit!

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20635660

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    https://gfycat.com/AffectionateLateCockatiel

Well we aren't going to be killing Lucios anytime soon.
    He's already as hard to hit as Genji a lot of times. That's stupid nuts.

Sounds like it just makes him get more healing by just being "in the fight" instead of hiding behind a wall sometimes a good chunk of a map away. So as long as you werent a Luci-hider you likely will see an increase. Specifically on stuff like payloads when you are pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Hardly. It's a massive buff to his healing potential, with the tradeoff that you and your team can't be as dumb about stuff. A Lucio dancing around the payload is still going to be healing everyone around the payload, and for far more than he was before, so now he's actually providing useful healing, not just being an annoying hard-to-hit target.
    I suppose it would, wouldn't it? But I know, as playing him a lot, that maps where you can't bounce around like a lunatic (Like defending a point) it's not exactly going to do him a service with those firing upon him. Now I'm sure it'll help more with the right comps but this change seems to make it so Lucio isn't just a be all, pick all... Which I'm kind of sad about. I loved being able to play Lucio on any map and be mostly effective, but with this change it most likely will make him weaker where it's more open and less walls to ride or object to hide behind. Now he has to be up in someones face to heal them, ergo, more dangerous without those walls.

This probably promotes more shield usage though, which I'm not a fan of.

Hmm, despite the massive radius nerf, when I play Lucio and my teammates are low on health and I feel I need some burst healing, I feel my amp doesn't really do as much as I wish it did. So the changes SEEM okay but will be interesting to see how they actually are in play.

This is nerf for dive comps btw, Lucio does really well against that now.

His radius got nerfed a LOT more than you might think from just reading the patch notes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    His passive heal as it is now might as well be non-existent, all things considered. If someone is barreling down on your ass, his non-boosted heal isn't going to save you. Maybe it'll save you from dying to a widowmaker venom mine when you're low on health, but that's about it.

This returns him to actually being able to provide some decent on-point heals instead of only being useful heal-wise for his periodic E's.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I play aggressive lucio so this is a HUGE buff for me, not even remotely close to being a nerf.
    This is gonna be sick

Will be reverted just like the ana changes. This is just a big fat nerf in disguise.