Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Would be difficult to balance for classes/specs with no real resources.

Was in the game as stat during beta. Was scrapped because of balancing issues. Got back into game as different artifacttraits like crit/do this/do that and it reduces the cd of this abilty (or trinkets)

The only thing which sounds doable. Would need a hell of explanation and tooltipdescriptions.
    you forget to mention that both (first and second) points of the post you quoted, are already done by haste.

Fix versatility first. Worst and most boring stat ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I just want leech to be like actual LifeSTEAL ok?

It would be like versatility and leech together. Or like.. lifesteal is suppose to be in any game.

"Do 2% more dmg and you heal that 2% dmg". It literally steals the life from mob to you.

If you have to balance it for raids, make it "your attacks deal extra 2% as blood damage and you heal the amount Blood dmg done" but then add bosses to have blood dmg resistance so people wouldnt just farm 50% lifesteal builds to ditch healers lmao
    you have lifesteal
    its just that its applied into your damage, not added on
    you are stealing their health, just its not added on

the simple fact is:

there are only 3 modifiers that you can use:

- something that impact rotation speed, and therefore is staright linear dmg increase.
    - something that brings in random nature, and therefore create dmg peeks.
    - something that changes your gameplay style per se, with more interessting mechanics.

they already did that. its called

- haste
    - crit
    - mastery

all other options are not balancable, bc of game nature. example given

run speed. let melee get faster to mobs, so they can produce more dmg. but first problem is, mob off-times are that low, that either the stat sucks, or they have to design encounters where melees have a lot of mob off-times, which is not fun. besides that, you cant balance this to ranges, bc they piss on run speed.

another example: multistrike. had the same pattern (RNG) as crit. was therefore obsolete. and was therefore removed.

you will run into the same template problematic when thinking about all the other options.

or in short: beneath linear dmg increase, spiky rng dmg increase, rotation speed increase and rotation mechanic based stat, you will have no other viable options.

and all 4 of them already exists in game.

so...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-18 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    The two I can think of that I'd like to see is Cooldown Reduction and Crit Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Or a "reach" Tertiary stat. That increased the range of attacks by a % i.e 20% reach adds 20% range on attacks, Melee Range would go from 5 to 6 yrds, a 40yrd attack would go to 48yrds etc.
    YES I WANT REACH NOW!

It would also increase the radius (or "reach") of AoE attacks like Swipe, Fan of Knives, Whirlwind etc., targeting circles like Starfall, Blizzard, Rain of Fire, etc., and the range of passive cleave/AoE such as Sunfire, Blade Flurry, Splitting Ice, etc.

Basically, anything that has a range or radius, it would improve it, and it'd be an amazing tertiary!

OT: As for secondaries, I'm not exactly sure what else they can add. Crit Damage would be horrible to balance in PvP, but I guess they can just limit it to 0% bonus with PvP Templates. Readiness would have been an interesting stat but it did little to nothing for a lot of casters so they removed it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    both of your examples are jokes. the first more than the second. bc it literally does exact the same int/str/agi (or even versa) does: increase your hps/dps by an exact percent amount. it just increase your power by a flat amount, without any deep in the nature of the stat.

horrible. horrible less thought...

sorry, but better have no ideas than such lowbrainer ideas. seriously. even if you are 12 years old (which i assume). seriously.
    And that gratuitous attack on my person sure comes from a grown up adult, really...

Quote Originally Posted by silloh View Post
    And that gratuitous attack on my person sure comes from a grown up adult, really...
    sorry, but your "ideas" were so non well-thought, i couldnt otherwise. i totally have no problems with your person, posts or statements. just your ideas you mentioned above, were not that... you know so, sorry, if you feel attacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you have lifesteal
    its just that its applied into your damage, not added on
    you are stealing their health, just its not added on
    I have no idea what you just said since there is no Lifesteal stat in the game and leech does not increase dmg you do.
    Doing damage to reduce life is not same as stealing life it.
    Stealing would imply taking something to yourself.
    I r confuse

Blizzard has never implemented charisma as a secondary stat. Charisma gives you bonus options with NPCs, or discounts from shops. It can also influence how many pets / minions you are able to control at one time. It also increases your chance to charm something. Bards rely on charisma a lot.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'd like a +Crit Damage Stat. Kind of like how Surge worked in SWTOR.
    Or a "reach" Tertiary stat. That increased the range of attacks by a % i.e 20% reach adds 20% range on attacks, Melee Range would go from 5 to 6 yrds, a 40yrd attack would go to 48yrds etc.
    I would love a +reach tertiary stat. Not a secondary as that wouldn't be a dps gain in most situations. There are so many mobs in Legion with such tiny hitboxes that I can't melee them unless I'm inside their character models. I don't experience this much in raids, but I definitely do a lot in M+ runs.

Deleted
    + salt, everytime you QQ about anything it goes up. 1000 salt reduces dmg by 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Some sort of Splash stat. Percentage for any attack to do x percent to all enemies nearby.
    Yeah, because the game definitely need even MORE AoE than it already have...

Quote Originally Posted by silloh View Post
    I have a serious idea and a joke idea:

-Serious: "Titan's touch" ---- X(1000 for example) amount of Titan's Touch stat Increases Y(1%?) all of your other secondary stats (or even all, primary too)

-Joke: "RNG" ---- X amount of RNG stat has a %chance to make your charatcter move randomly for random amount of time, attacking random objetives and casting or using random spells and abilities
    Even though "rng" is a "joke" stat, what if they made a stat (tertiary) that increased your chances on the RNG in the game. Like magic find % in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Was in the game as stat during beta. Was scrapped because of balancing issues. Got back into game as different artifacttraits like crit/do this/do that and it reduces the cd of this abilty (or trinkets)
    It should be noted that the reason it couldn't be balanced was that there was literally no way of actually making it strong enough to be worthwhile without making CDs brutally overpowered. This would in turn have meant that output without CDs would be near irrelevant.
    They wisely decided to abandon this balancing headache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Fix versatility first. Worst and most boring stat ever.
    Fully intentionally so. There's nothing there to fix, since it works exactly as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly, people couldn't handle it, so it's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

How about, luck? Hah! +?% to drop chances? Get that farming spirit going!
    I don't think "people couldn't handle it," it just wasn't a "fun" stat. Also it makes no sense really. At this point, your character has saved the world 40x over, how could they still be struggling to actually "hit" their target?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I don't think "people couldn't handle it," it just wasn't a "fun" stat. Also it makes no sense really. At this point, your character has saved the world 40x over, how could they still be struggling to actually "hit" their target?
    Probably because the target isn't letting himself be hit ? Duh ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Hit/expertise made sense, people couldn't handle having to run management on their equipment. And sorry, just because you've been a minor hero most the time, and later a bigger one - doesn't mean you can clean hit a stronger enemy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I have no idea what you just said since there is no Lifesteal stat in the game and leech does not increase dmg you do.
    Doing damage to reduce life is not same as stealing life it.
    Stealing would imply taking something to yourself.
    I r confuse
    you are dealing damage
    and gaining some of that back as health
    thats life steal yo

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hit/expertise made sense, people couldn't handle having to run management on their equipment. And sorry, just because you've been a minor hero most the time, and later a bigger one - doesn't mean you can clean hit a stronger enemy.
    I don't think people ever had problems looking their current target value up and then build their gear around getting as close as possible. It just wasn't good gameplay.