Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    what buffs devs where talking about for protection in that Tanks balance post ?

i think i missed it
    Well, technically, the lego increase is a buff. THe spell reflect is a nerf off the original buff, though... Unless, as said above, Nighthold deals exclusively in bursts or short (5-8 seconds) periods off noteworthy magic damage, about every 30 seconds or so at most.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    Well, technically, the lego increase is a buff. THe spell reflect is a nerf off the original buff, though... Unless, as said above, Nighthold deals exclusively in bursts or short (5-8 seconds) periods off noteworthy magic damage, about every 30 seconds or so at most.
    I believe the flat damage reduction of our ultimate also counts towards direct spells. regarding spelldamage, its like flat 10% versa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I believe the flat damage reduction of our ultimate also counts towards direct spells. regarding spelldamage, its like flat 10% versa
    I'm confused. By ultimate, are you referring to Nelth's Fury (in which I see no such thing), or the new gold trait, Nelth's thunder, which stacks on a mini more-permanant 5% demo shout basically? If the second, then it should work exactly like Demo, so yeah. Krosus would still kick our asses, but we might be a bit better on Star Augur.

Demo Shout works on krosus' dot you know.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Demo Shout works on krosus' dot you know.
    Does it? I usually use it on slams, so I never paid too much attention to his dots at the time. Good to know, although it still hurts like a bitch.

Looks like they listened to our complaints, and changed the Crit to Versa on both items Time to drop my Destiny Driver/Tier combo & go for Gul'dan chest/Strat, maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Looks like they listened to our complaints, and changed the Crit to Versa on both items Time to drop my Destiny Driver/Tier combo & go for Gul'dan chest/Strat, maybe!
    Sweet. Feels even harder to justify equipping something other than the gloves/bracers though, just too damn solid. On that subject, does anyone have experience/insight into when another legendary would be better than these two, in Mythic Nighthold?

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Sweet. Feels even harder to justify equipping something other than the gloves/bracers though, just too damn solid. On that subject, does anyone have experience/insight into when another legendary would be better than these two, in Mythic Nighthold?
    Oh really? Why didn't I think of that

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Because of the massive buff on the belt, it will become the best legendary IMO for raiding.

The self heals of bracers is very nice, but I'd bet that's what I'd drop if I had belt, gloves, and bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by flurg87 View Post
    Because of the massive buff on the belt, it will become the best legendary IMO for raiding.

The self heals of bracers is very nice, but I'd bet that's what I'd drop if I had belt, gloves, and bracers.
    I'd still go with Bracers/Gloves. The healing the bracers put out (even without the gloves) is crazy, and the DPS/extra rage from the gloves is too strong to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's somehow hard to think that they won't nerf the belt a later time again. It is fun now in Mythics with Booming voice and will be totally bonkers with those 3 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I'd still go with Bracers/Gloves. The healing the bracers put out (even without the gloves) is crazy, and the DPS/extra rage from the gloves is too strong to ignore.
    I have the chance to have bracers, gloves and belt.

In M+ and overgeared content (EN, ToV ...), I usually go for Belt/Gloves, while for progress content or content which I only slightly overgear (and thus face certain risky encounters like Krossus HM or Satr HM), I go for bracers/gloves. I find the reduction on demo shout provided by the leg belt is not good enough on single target encounters. Now, take the botanist or Skorpyron, and you would definitly equip the belt, especially in combination with anger management/booming voice! Add the shivermaw bone trinket and you are in a very good multi-target position!

Quote Originally Posted by Matoumass View Post
    I have the chance to have bracers, gloves and belt.

In M+ and overgeared content (EN, ToV ...), I usually go for Belt/Gloves, while for progress content or content which I only slightly overgear (and thus face certain risky encounters like Krossus HM or Satr HM), I go for bracers/gloves. I find the reduction on demo shout provided by the leg belt is not good enough on single target encounters. Now, take the botanist or Skorpyron, and you would definitly equip the belt, especially in combination with anger management/booming voice! Add the shivermaw bone trinket and you are in a very good multi-target position!
    That makes sense. As someone who add-tanks on Skorpyon, that belt will indeed be pretty crazy...

Sadly, I'm playing my Druid on all but Krosus/Tich at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yograin View Post
    I have found out Star Augur(Mythic) isn't that bad and I did not die to him past three resets.
    1. Do not tank p1 (100-90)
    2. Taunt while 3rd constellation is being cast and use reflect as you will eat a single Iceburst right after (doesnt matter as you are full hp but w/e)
    3. you are now doing the meteors which are easy and can even be blocked - just be sure to take 0 damage from Absolute Zero by quickly soaking designed group (stand under boss for meteors for example)
    4. after third meteor + ground zero swap position with the MT and only use IP. No CDs! You should eat 3 Icebursts and go quite low on HP
    5. he casts Grand Conjunction no. 4 and you have time to get healed up - do some IP buffer and wait for next Iceburst cast
    6. before he finishes the cast following the Conjunction use reflect and before the next cast use demo shout <- if you waste those right after taunting you die here as ppl deal with the Constealltions and debuffs
    7. you then swap places with MT and do the easy part again
    8. another Iceburst tanking where you can use freely all your CDs !after Conjunction cast! And you should, as the raid is dealing with more debuffs and you will not need them until last phase.
    9. stage 3 is easy only tank boss 100% time, even use shieldblock for more DPS
    10. stage 4 is easy. Dont do big add and only catch the small adds and taunt boss while big add is up.
    Yograin, I was originally extremely disheartened at the prospect of being benched for Starbro Mythic myself, but just like you was given the opportunity to tank it by my RL. What's more, my RL actually asked me to solo tank this guy (as a warrior). I currently have bracers, but not gloves as leggos. Solo tanking is 100% viable. We do use 4 healers however.

When comparing my logs to the logs of a friend guardian druid, I found that in a 6 minute extract of the fight (I haven't got the kill yet, but am making it to approx half way through the final phase) I take approximately 15mil more damage than my guardian druid friend (averaging at ~42k dtps). This is after mitigation and self-sustain has been accounted for. Now, I would never even try to argue that warriors are "equal" by any stretch, and certainly player skill is going to be a factor, but I'm hoping that by making this statement people will realise that warrior tanks are NOT un-viable!

I am expecting to secure the kill on the next raid night, and in terms of holding back my guild, I have found this to be a non-issue. Almost all of our wipes are due to mistakes by other people (not myself), and the wipes which were my fault were a learning-curve / skill based issue and nothing to do with my class.

The mini guide which you gave is good, but I just wanted to re-assure people that solo tanking is still possible (even as a warrior with 1 of the 2 BiS leggos).
    Last edited by Shimato; 2017-03-22 at 09:22 AM. Reason: (Edited to add more detail)

Deleted
    Solo-tanking is possible, and with subsequent nerfs brought by Blizzard (like the one brought today 21 MARCH), Mythic raiding becomes more and more viable for classes not at ease with the content initially released (warriors, I am looking at you). Let us not forget that Mythic NH has been around for quite some time now, and while Guardians were OK as of the first week, warriors have become OK just lately (with weeks of gearing in-between, nerfs from Blizzard on different encounters, etc).

I am sure you will kill Star Augur this week, and the nerf will have helped you. Guardians have been the tool to kill this boss for weeks now (Method got the kill almost 2 months ago for example, that is like 7 weeks of gear farming for us poor warriors to catch up with the content nerfed in-between). It is the living proof of how difficult it was for warriors to be competitive. But that is for the guilds obsessed by progress.

While certain guilds favor progress over personas (and thus will go for the most adequate classes if they have the chance), other guilds (less ambitious) will use whatever their roaster can offer them/whoever they can place their trust in. At the end, it all depends on the guild policy and ambitions. There is no universal law here.

Guilds have not been killing star augur prenerf because they were solo tanking it with a Guardian druid. They were doing it because they were better, or less prone to mistakes, or spent more time, or had better gear, or any combinations thereof, than guilds that haven't.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Guilds have not been killing star augur prenerf because they were solo tanking it with a Guardian druid. They were doing it because they were better, or less prone to mistakes, or spent more time, or had better gear, or any combinations thereof, than guilds that haven't.
    Protection warriors: 8 Total ( this is 1 day after the Nerf, none of them are from US servers. 4 of them are GM's of there guilds 3 of these kills where prior to the damage redistribution of Star Auger)
    Druids: 234
    Paladin: 76
    Blood: 23
    BrM: 53
    DH: 4

The ending result is 20% buff to Spell reflect, that is a relative small band-aid on a larger problem it should have been a buff to IP akin to how monks are able to take a talent to allow staggers to be more effective Vs spell damage. Most guilds will still advocate for Bears, Monks and Paladins over Warriors as the buff does not put them on equal footing. Even if your not pushing progression like Star Auger, the general masses typically don't do a lot of research as to why there is a problem they just identify with the current top guilds recruitment or "water cooler talk" and make a selection based on that.

Even our 4 set this tier is build around blocking, it's very depressing that none of the changes or feed back seem address this problem. It could be easily fixed in numerous ways that would bring us inline with other tanks. I find myself scratching my head as to why this is not being addressed in 7.2, NH is close to 3 months old at this point the race for top progression is over. Most of the top guilds are investing there time in the PTR for ToS, why can't someone give us solid feedback as to why this can't be changed. With the way the titanforge system currently works we will be in NH long after ToS is out. I know weekly my guild is still clearing at least Ursoc for a BTI and all of ToV for stat stick trinkets.

Deleted
    Any tips for tanking the 6 bloods on Tichondrius? They hit pretty hard, especially when the additional adds spawn at the same time.

Deleted
    Comes 7.2, any knows the priority of the stats? I'm sitting atm 23% haste, 44% mastery, 12 versa. Is that enough to go devastator spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpowa View Post
    Comes 7.2, any knows the priority of the stats? I'm sitting atm 23% haste, 44% mastery, 12 versa. Is that enough to go devastator spec?
    Yeah, it's fine to start. A bit more haste would probably help to feel smoother, though. As for 7.2... I'm not the kind that can run the numbers that well. However, we're having a boost to our blocking ability with a new trait, and reducing the CD of Tclap will be important, to get Nelth's Thunder stacked up. I assume Haste will stay relatively normal in its priority, if slightly higher because our blocks will be stronger too, so a shorter shield block cooldown would help.. For Mastery, it will depend. The new trait is 8% at 4/4. If that doubles for a crit block, I expect the value of mastery to rise. That would put crit blocks at 76% (increasing by 4% per relic to a possible max of 88%). If that 8% does NOT double on a crit block, I would expect the value of mastery to diminish slightly, as the gap between a normal block and crit block will be smaller. Versatility will still remain fairly strong, although its impact for burst magic won't be as meaningful with the 20% SR buff.'

All in all, I would not expect much meaningful change to the stat priority, aside from minor scaling values.