Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You failed to mention the right SJWs who got offended and triggered by all of this.
    Yeah because such idiocity should be culled? "Right SJWs" wut???

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Lolwut?

Please be satire. I can't tell nowadays
    I thought adding Endus' beloved cursive three times in one line was clear enough it was satire <.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I still don't notice anything of whatever the 'regressive left' is here in our politics.

So this gets a big meh from me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Yeah because such idiocity should be culled? "Right SJWs" wut???
    You are just as outraged and offended as the liberals who got offended by the sexist joke. Your anger and outrage are quite clear. People who get offended so easily need to grow the fuck up.

There is no such thing as a 'regressive left'. It's code for, "liberal politics I don't agree with or understand". Which is predicated on the same "triggering" those trying to apply the 'regressive' label to liberal political and social views. To even make the statement already exposes your bias and belief system.

So really, it's just total bullshit to say you are not against this or that and still use terminology of ignorance and propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultra conservatives are still thin-skin morality hounds, they just don't like that liberals are edging in on their agenda.
    And free speech proponents dislike both morality polices. I've spent much of my teenage years fighting against bigotry from students I went to college with - I met people who've shunned me because I was gay. I've experienced the thought police first hand - how some people gave themselves a self-righteous job of telling others how to live their life.

Liberals are no better than this anymore.

One is not mutually exclusive with the other. In that case, it was a sexist joke. It fits both definitions quite nicely.
    The joke status take priority over the moral weight of it, since the joke wasn't targeting a specific individual, did not threaten to hurt and was broad.

You think everyone women actually took a day off? If it was sexist, as you claim, then he did a very bad job at it, because a lot of women went to work on that day.

Perhaps his joke was about a very vocal group - regardless of gender?

You're giving him intent on something that clearly doesn't have any. In fact, the only sexism happening here is from you.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Once people understand that for these people being left is an identity and not an ideology you will understand why the only tactic they deem viable is scorched earth. Once you 'belittle' one of their sacred cows it becomes a personal affront which must be destroyed.It's similar to the effect drawing a cartoon of a certain religious figure causes some people to riot/burn and potentially kill.

They have no individuality besides external features, inside they are carbon copies of each other and thus when one is offended they all must be offended. They are the new incarnation of puritans, the last one was conservative religious right whom when their pastors told them to be offended and protest they did so without question.

And like all authoritarians they have no sense of humor and despise it especially sarcasm.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I thought adding Endus' beloved cursive three times in one line was clear enough it was satire <.<
    You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Kind of like how you need to own how biased you are when it comes to infractions?
    Lol good luck

You are just as outraged and offended as the liberals who got offended by the sexist joke. Your anger and outrage are quite clear. People who get offended so easily need to grow the fuck up.
    Then we'd be growing in a fucked up society, which is what apparently you and your friends want us to. "Sexist joke"??? I am sorry to say that, but I think you're beyond salvation.

The guy tells me I am fucked up because I am baffled at fucked up people and wish fewer are born. Can you believe it??

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    The proper response for when the social media "lynch mob" comes for you is to tell them to go fuck themselves. The guy should have never resigned, he should have told the twitter trolls and the perpetually offended to go fuck themselves. Don't like the joke? Fuck you. Call me a sexist? Fuck you. Call me a racist? Fuck you. Suffer some PR hit? So what - fuck you. Here is a tissue, go cry in the corner. Oh, and fuck you.
    Sure, he will gain more respect from certain groups and distances himself from others. In most cases, this is bad for business, I think. There is no proper response, they just have to find out for themselves what's more important to them.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    And free speech proponents dislike both morality polices. I've spent much of my teenage years fighting against bigotry from students I went to college with - I met people who've shunned me because I was gay. I've experienced the thought police first hand - how some people gave themselves a self-righteous job of telling others how to live their life.

Liberals are no better than this anymore.

The joke status take priority over the moral weight of it, since the joke wasn't targeting a specific individual, did not threaten to hurt and was broad.

You think everyone women actually took a day off? If it was sexist, as you claim, then he did a very bad job at it, because a lot of women went to work on that day.

Perhaps his joke was about a very vocal group - regardless of gender?

You're giving him intent on something that clearly doesn't have any. In fact, the only sexism happening here is from you.
    One does not need to take it seriously to also say that it was sexist. By the very definition of the word, it was sexist. Many good jokes are, the same goes for racist jokes. Did he intend for it to be sexist? Of course, that's why it was actually funny. I can laugh at a sexist joke, that does not make me a sexist. I can make a sexist joke, and it still doesn't make me a sexist. I have not said that the guy telling the joke was sexist, merely that the joke was.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    If Bill Burr, Ron White, Billy Engvall, Larry The Cable Guy, Christopher Titus, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Katt Williams, Cedric The Entertainer, Lisa Lampanelli, Jeff Ross, or any other comedian that you can name off the top of your head had made that joke, this wouldn't be a thread. The context is clear, jokes are not for Tweeting. Leave the jokes to the professionals. Otherwise you end up having to resign from your day job.
    I hope this is sarcasm. You're suggesting that people can't make jokes unless they are professional comedians? I really don't want to live in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Then we'd be growing in a fucked up society, which is what apparently you and your friends want us to. "Sexist joke"??? I am sorry to say that, but I think you're beyond salvation.

The guy tells me I am fucked up because I am baffled at fucked up people and wish fewer are born. Can you believe it??
    I thought the joke was funny, and wasn't offended by it in the slightest. I think the people who were offended by it, need to grow the fuck up. I think the people who were offended that the joke was called sexist, need to grow the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Okay.

First of all, to people like Endus and Machismo:

It is disingenuous to start from the assumption that the joke was a "Sexist Joke".
    You can say that you took the joke as sexist but there is nothing inherently sexist about the joke unless you, the listener of the joke add additional inference to it.

Secondly:

Calling a person who responds to the actions of a snowflake a "snowflake" only make sense if you agree that calling a person calling out a bigot a "bigot".

People who are outraged at the Colin Moriarty situation may be outraged at the outrage, but if you start mixing cause and effect, you get into really shitty situations. For example, i doubt you would use this same line of argument if the outrage was about, lets say police brutality or something of the sort.

If you are going to use an argument it must either be context dependent or context independent. You cannot contextualize an argument when it is convenient for you then demand that context should not matter when it is inconvenient for you; that is just disingenuous.

Lastly:

If https://xkcd.com/1357/ applies to situations like this, it also applies to situations where gay people are de-platformed for being gay due to outrage.

My biggest problem with the Left in general is that the only thing separating their actions from the actions of the Right is the fact that they believe that they are in the right.

The Left believed that the feels and rights of the minority should not be discarded for the majority and the Right believes that the feels and rights of the majority should not be discarded for the minority. That is literally just a difference of opinion and as currently implemented by the regressive left, vindictiveness at best.

This situation is just stupid overall. If actual literal jokes are treated no differently from actual literal hatred, it just disarms a population into being ill equipped to tell the difference between a joke and a real threat.
    The joke was sexist, because it was supposed to be sexist. That's what made it funny. I love sexist jokes, that doesn't mean I'm going to try to change the definition of a word in order to not feel bad as a person.

The people outraged by this are every bit as thin skinned as those who were outraged by the joke. Toughen the fuck up.

Luckily for me, I find almost nothing offensive.

If you are triggered by it, then you don't have thick skin. You sound like you are a petty person who wants vengeance, even though he resigned. Now you want to blame employers for firing employees? Jesus, stop whining so god damned much.

I didn't get offended over shit, I thought the joke was funny. You are the one who has the thin skin, who wants to get offended by everything. You tried to put me in a little box, but you failed.
    Thick skin means not responding to words and insults. It does not mean i can't respond to actions done by disgusting people who target the lives of others to push foward their weak ideology that can't stand on arguments and requires fear to be pushed.

There are "get sexist/racists" fired blogs out there. Who doxx people for perccieved slights and then hundreds of users on that blog phone that persons employer to get them fired. They are not fixing society they are just doing it so they can feel good. They target hard working people who have a job and then destroy their lives. They are sick disgusting and should be dealt with in the exact same way they think its ok.

I don't blame the employees because they don't realy investigate anything. If they recieve a huge number of complaints they just fire the person because its easier for them.

How ever the people doing the complaints would blame the employers if they don't fire some one. and its the people doing the complaints that i do want vengence towards.

There is no discussion with these people because they are ideologicaly driven. they have already harmed a human being by going after their income despite that the other person did nothing illegal. if its ok to fire others because they disagree with you then getting these people fired will probably get the point across on why their actions are so damaging.
    if you go for some one elses income because you disagree with them you're just garbege in my eyes and you need the same done to you because its the only language youd understand.

If its excusable to fire some one because you were offended then that means you're ok with being fired because you offended others.

Also i don't hate you because i don't know if you tried to get some one fired personally.
    Last edited by veehro; 2017-03-18 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    Thick skin means not responding to words and insults. It does not mean i can't respond to actions done by disgusting people who target the lives of others to push foward their weak ideology that can't stand on arguments and requires fear to be pushed.

There are "get sexist/racists" fired blogs out there. Who doxx people for perccieved slights and then hundreds of users on that blog phone that persons employer to get them fired. They are not fixing society they are just doing it so they can feel good. They target hard working people who have a job and then destroy their lives. They are sick disgusting and should be dealt with in the exact same way they think its ok.

I don't blame the employees because they don't realy investigate anything. If they recieve a huge number of complaints they just fire the person because its easier for them.

How ever the people doing the complaints would blame the employers if they don't fire some one. and its the people doing the complaints that i do want vengence towards.

because those people utterly diserve it. if you go for some one elses income because you disagree with them you're just garbege in my eyes and you need the same done to you because its the only language youd understand.

If its excusable to fire some one because you were offended then that means you're ok with being fired because you offended others.
    Think skin means not being offended or bothered by something. The joke certainly did not bother me in the slightest. if you are being triggered, because someone else gets offended, then you have thin skin. Who gives a shit if there are "fire sexists" blogs out there. There's also "fire gay people" blogs out there. There's boycotts on Target, Mozilla, Chik-Fil-A, and plenty of other companies and people.

A company can fire someone for whatever reason they want, that's what freedom is all about. If my boss wanted to fire me, because I am taller than he is, good for him.
    If you feel those people utterly deserve it, you should start a "fire the liberals" blog. By seeking vengeance, you are doing the exact same thing that you are complaining about... oh the hypocrisy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm. You're suggesting that people can't make jokes unless they are professional comedians? I really don't want to live in your world.
    The point was, they wouldn't have been taken literally. Nowadays, if you're not a professional comedian, then you're not allowed to make jokes over anything text based because it will be assumed you're being literal and the new left will try to crucify you for it.

Gosh this is what people talk about nowadays?

How is a day without a woman not a blessing?
    How is a day without a man not a blessing?

I'd say a day without anybody or anything around me is an even greater blessing.

Moral busybody police strikes yet again.

Think skin means not being offended or bothered by something. The joke certainly did not bother me in the slightest. if you are being triggered, because someone else gets offended, then you have thin skin. Who gives a shit if there are "fire sexists" blogs out there. There's also "fire gay people" blogs out there. There's boycotts on Target, Mozilla, Chik-Fil-A, and plenty of other companies and people.

A company can fire someone for whatever reason they want, that's what freedom is all about. If my boss wanted to fire me, because I am taller than he is, good for him.
    If you feel those people utterly deserve it, you should start a "fire the liberals" blog. By seeking vengeance, you are doing the exact same thing that you are complaining about... oh the hypocrisy.
    the joke did not offend me. The fact that some one fired some one does. And if you think i don't have thick skin by this definition then i guess i am very easy to trigger.
    The company can fire some one if they want yes, and by this definition it means that i can get my 50k youtube subscribers and my 40k twitter followers to doxx you and to phone and harass your company to get you fired if you say or do something that i find offensive. And im sure you would be cool with that because this is the type of society you advocate for.
    Obviously i won't do it because i think that it would be horrible. But i wouldn't see how using your train of thought you would find a moral argument against it

I am not a hypocrite because i complained when the christians were using the same tactics to fire gay people or atheists. And now that the tolerant left have the dominant culture it seems that it wasnt the tactics they hated but who the targeted people were.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Gosh this is what people talk about nowadays?

How is a day without a woman not a blessing?
    How is a day without a man not a blessing?

I'd say a day without anybody or anything around me is an even greater blessing.

Moral busybody police strikes yet again.
    We should have a day without police next to see how they like it