Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    the tolerant left
    Tolerant left? How is anybody tolerant in this circle jerk culture that is supposed to be left or right? Neither side is tolerant of the other one, thus are both hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I thought the joke was funny, and wasn't offended by it in the slightest. I think the people who were offended by it, need to grow the fuck up. I think the people who were offended that the joke was called sexist, need to grow the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

The joke was sexist, because it was supposed to be sexist. That's what made it funny. I love sexist jokes, that doesn't mean I'm going to try to change the definition of a word in order to not feel bad as a person.

The people outraged by this are every bit as thin skinned as those who were outraged by the joke. Toughen the fuck up.

Luckily for me, I find almost nothing offensive.
    The issue is that simply discussion this situation isn't outrage or being triggered.

I also suggest reading the rest of Ralgarogs post, as its rather insightful.

the joke did not offend me. The fact that some one fired some one does. And if you think i don't have thick skin by this definition then i guess i am very easy to trigger.
    The company can fire some one if they want yes, and by this definition it means that i can get my 50k youtube subscribers to dox you and to phone and harass your company to get you fired if you say or do something that i find offensive. And im sure you would be cool with that because this is the type of society you advocate for.

I am not a hypocrite because i complained when the christians were using the same tactics to fire gay people or atheists. And now that the tolerant left have the dominant culture it seems that it wasnt the tactics they hated but who the targeted people were.
    The joke did not offend me. The man choosing to resign did not offend me.

If you wish to try and get me fired, you are allowed to do that. Just remember, you would be proving me right, and yourself a hypocrite in the process. You are a hypocrite, when you say you want to do the exact same thing that you are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Gosh this is what people talk about nowadays?

How is a day without a woman not a blessing?
    How is a day without a man not a blessing?

I'd say a day without anybody or anything around me is an even greater blessing.

Moral busybody police strikes yet again.
    This is double sexism and I demand you lose your job over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The issue is that simply discussion this situation isn't outrage or being triggered.

I also suggest reading the rest of Ralgarogs post, as its rather insightful.
    Discussing it is not being triggered our outraged, but many people on this thread are genuinely outraged and triggered by it. They are the ones I'm referring to. As for me, I'm simply delighting in the anger and outrage... it feeds my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is double sexism and I demand you lose your job over this.
    I work for a triple sexist company, so it's no problem

If you wish to try and get me fired, you are allowed to do that. Just remember, you would be proving me right, and yourself a hypocrite in the process. You are a hypocrite, when you say you want to do the exact same thing that you are complaining about.
    if being a hypocrite is whats required to stop this "get people fired culture" then i have no problems with it
    if the only way to make people understand that going after some ones income is unneceptable is to go after their income then thats fine.

i am perfectly happy to play by whatever rules the dominant culture sets forth. So if some one sees no problem with doxxing some one then getting over 50k people to harass the employer of that person over percieved slights then maybe they need this done to them so they can understand why its an awful thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Then by your own definition it is just a "joke" in this case a parody.
    You like parodies of sexism, not jokes that are sexist which also happen to be funny.

There has to be a difference between the reaffirmation of a stereotype via a joke and the parody of a stereotype via a joke, less no jokes are actual jokes and they are all serious.

We would have to get into the realm of intent, however there is a difference between a racist that tells a joke at the expense of a black person, and a person that tells a joke about a black person.

Well i guess this is just my opinion, but its like watching the world burn because everybody is too stupid to tell the difference between pails of water and pails of gasoline because, "Both are pails! Its not my fault that they store two different things in containers made for storing different things and i refuse to take 1 second to 'observe' the contents."
    It is just a joke, it also happens to be a joke based on sexism... making it a sexist joke. I'm fine with that, and I thought it was rather funny. It can be both things, and let's face it, most good jokes are.

I do not think it makes the teller of the joke a sexist person, nor do I care if he were. I am able to differentiate between a joke, and a person's true beliefs. I don't know Colin Moriarty, so I have no desire to make any judgment on his degree of sexism. I liked the joke, and didn't give one care that it was sexist.

Sounds like you're offended by people being offended by people who found the joke offensive.

if being a hypocrite is whats required to stop this "get people fired culture" then i have no problems with it
    if the only way to make people understand that going after some ones income is unneceptable is to go after their income then thats fine.

i am perfectly happy to play by whatever rules the dominant culture sets forth. So if some one sees no problem with doxxing some one then getting over 50k people to harass the employer of that person over percieved slights then maybe they need this done to them so they can understand why its an awful thing to do
    Just don't get pissed when people call you a hypocrite. Also, don't get pissed when someone does the exact same thing to you. You want to stop the "get people fired" culture... trying to get people fired. I love irony. Personally, I prefer to mock thin-skinned people.

By the way, Moriarty did resign. Maybe he got sick and tired of the PC culture, and wanted to get the fuck out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Sounds like you're offended by people being offended by people who found the joke offensive.
    Nope, I'm not offended at all. I'm enjoying every moment of this. I delight in Schadenfreude.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-03-18 at 04:20 PM.

And I'm just sitting here seriously pondering about how any of this shit can be considered an issue.

Somebody tweeted a joke I didn't like about somebody who is not me and therefore I will spend my precious time being offended on their behalf

This is literally the train of thought in 99% of the "problems" ending with -gate which I had the unfortunate displeasure of being exposed to when browsing the internet.

There are people on YT who have devoted their entire channel to this subject only, dissecting other peoples supposedly -ist statements, and they have millions of subscribers. Whuut...?

And I'm just sitting here seriously pondering about how any of this shit can be considered an issue.

Somebody tweeted a joke I didn't like about somebody who is not me and therefore I will spend my precious time being offended in their behalf

This is literally the train of thought in 99% of the "problems" ending with -gate which I had the unfortunate displeasure of being exposed to when browsing the internet.

There are people on YT who have devoted their entire channel to this subject only, dissecting other peoples supposedly -ist statements, and they have millions of subscribers. Whuut...?
    People have nothing better to do and for the most part, social media is cancer.

Just don't get pissed when people call you a hypocrite. Also, don't get pissed when someone does the exact same thing to you. You want to stop the "get people fired" culture... trying to get people fired. I love irony. Personally, I prefer to mock thin-skinned people.

By the way, Moriarty did resign. Maybe he got sick and tired of the PC culture, and wanted to get the fuck out.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, I'm not offended at all. I'm enjoying every moment of this. I delight in Schadenfreude.
    Thats fine if some one fires me because i got some one else fired because they tried to fire some one else i can live with that.

if only people who fire others for trying to fire others remain then it means no one will be fired for ideological dissagrement

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    People have nothing better to do and for the most part, social media is cancer.
    I really feel that because Social Media gives a very, very vocal minority a grand stage, things get blown out of proportion easily.

A lot of people in this thread are deluding themselves. Everyone is sexist in one way or another and racist in one way or another, often without knowing it. To have a bias of ANY sort is a manifestation of bigotry. All humans are biased in just about every respect by virtue of not being omniscient, so stop acting like you aren't a human and then going on a temper tantrum because other people are also human. Is it a sexist comment? Absolutely, that's not really debatable. The thing is... who fucking cares, its not affecting anyone's quality of life so stop getting up in arms about it. The time to get up in arms is when people ACT on their bigotry and when it is actually damaging, not before.

I really feel that because Social Media gives a very, very vocal minority a grand stage, things get blown out of proportion easily.
    Absolutely. 100% without question.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm. You're suggesting that people can't make jokes unless they are professional comedians? I really don't want to live in your world.
    The last part was indeed sarcasm. Or at the least meant in satire. I'd held out hope that that was pretty clear, but that's why my day job doesn't involve comedy.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Discussing it is not being triggered our outraged, but many people on this thread are genuinely outraged and triggered by it. They are the ones I'm referring to. As for me, I'm simply delighting in the anger and outrage... it feeds my soul.
    People were calling the simple creation of this thread outraged. If you think people are actually outraged, ignore them. Its doing yourself a diservice by even thinking of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    One does not need to take it seriously to also say that it was sexist. By the very definition of the word, it was sexist. Many good jokes are, the same goes for racist jokes. Did he intend for it to be sexist? Of course, that's why it was actually funny. I can laugh at a sexist joke, that does not make me a sexist. I can make a sexist joke, and it still doesn't make me a sexist. I have not said that the guy telling the joke was sexist, merely that the joke was.
    I don't know. I can't say I agree to say it's a sexist joke. To me, it always has been stupid stereotypes that made jokes sexists (IE: Blonde women being stupid, or women in the kitchen). I mean, they're still jokes and I like them, but their content would be more rightfully "sexist".

The weight of this joke has a gender portion, yes, but it's only a sub-group of very vocal proponents. So I took it more nuanced and not a joke against women more than a joke against a very vocal group of women. Hence the "piece and quiet" part.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Oh look, another triggered right winger talking about how triggered the left gets. Im so shocked
    I have been on this page for many years and most ppl in this tread are liberals.
    Im not gona name names but some was even part of the feminazi crowd not that long ago but got turned towards the dark side by stuff like this.
    Last edited by mmoc737d4c7b6a; 2017-03-18 at 05:15 PM.