Does anyone actually know if the game will be good? animation errors can be fixed and I dont give a shit about the models. All I care about is the combat, the story, and the impact of your choices. Has anyone actually played the game long enough to assess these? Are people over-reacting based on poor animation quality?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There seems to be a misunderstanding. The bug fixes part of day one patch is in the trial version of the game (which is on PC and xbox only). But the actual day one patch that unlocks the full game will still need to be downloaded on release.
    How is "they day one patch is included in trial" confusing? Origin doesn't need to download a patch on the day of release in order for the game to activate. You have to authenticate with the Origin service and it allows the game to launch. Its the same way with the trial because the trial is behind a pay gate. If we still have to download a day 1 patch then by virtue of the rules and meaning of language the day one patch can not already be included.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Does anyone actually know if the game will be good? animation errors can be fixed and I dont give a shit about the models. All I care about is the combat, the story, and the impact of your choices. Has anyone actually played the game long enough to assess these? Are people over-reacting based on poor animation quality?
    I'd say it's a matter of how important immersion is to you and if these reported issues are a deal breaker, to you, on other similar games.

For me it's quite severe and I struggle to remain engaged for longer periods of time. I got friends who can easily look over it all and simply enjoy the game for the combat.

My best advise would be to indeed pull out the Trial. Nothing better than to experience it for yourself - especially on such a subjective point such as this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The combat is AMAZING. I cannot rave about the combat enough. Companions are smart. Enemies are smart. And jumping enables you to use 3D terrain to your advantage.

The amount of story you get from the trial is actually quite short. Is it "good"? I dunno, it's got me interested. Angry aliens, mysterious ruins, interplanetary scourge. As far as choices go, I haven't gotten any "impactful" ones this early on, the only "twitch" option that came up was to push PeeBee off me, which I didn't do because I intend to flirt with her later.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How is "they day one patch is included in trial" confusing? Origin doesn't need to download a patch on the day of release in order for the game to activate. You have to authenticate with the Origin service and it allows the game to launch. Its the same way with the trial because the trial is behind a pay gate. If we still have to download a day 1 patch then by virtue of the rules and meaning of language the day one patch can not already be included.
    It's not an origin unlock. Otherwise pirates would crack the trial/pre-load and will have the full game before release. Fixes from day one patch are not tied to day one patch that unlocks the pre-load. Actual day one patch unlocks the game. Fixes are a bonus and are already included into the trial, except for ps4 version.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I played close to 10h, so its over for me for the trial. Game is fantastic to me, and even the animation, I noticed at start because it was all what people were talking about so I focused on that, but frankly after 2h I tough they were fine, the only exception would be the close shot with the eyes.

Critics are legitimate about animations, the lack of quick saving, the cover system, but I think there is also a lot of mob mentality going on about this game on social media, usual people who enjoy hating for the sake of hating, who never tried the game and base their opinion on specific gif.

I'm having a blast, and I cant wait to spend hundred of hours on that come Tuesday. I think it will be an amazing journey.

IMO, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hope they patch those animations. Jesus Christ are they bad. I usually ignore stuff like that, but it's just so bad it'll be hard to.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not an origin unlock. Otherwise pirates would crack the trial/pre-load and will have the full game before release. Fixes from day one patch are not tied to day one patch that unlocks the pre-load. Actual day one patch unlocks the game. Fixes are a bonus and are already included into the trial, except for ps4 version.
    Origin uses decrypting, and unpacking but doesn't require a download of a patch for every new release. They can but it is not a requirement of their platform. Just as steam doesn't require it. Games can unlock at the stated time with no other download required. And yes pirates have cracked pre-loads in the past.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    the only "twitch" option that came up was to push PeeBee off me, which I didn't do because I intend to flirt with her later.
    The "twitch" option ends up with a "flirty" (imo) comment to be honest. (coming from PeeBee)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hope they patch those animations. Jesus Christ are they bad. I usually ignore stuff like that, but it's just so bad it'll be hard to.
    In 2017, I agree. We were a lot more tolerant of animations like these during the original trilogy.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Origin uses decrypting, and unpacking but doesn't require a download of a patch for every new release.
    Except it is a fact that MEA install is already decrypted and unpacked. Because you know, Trial.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    The combat is very, very good. Andromeda is vastly superior to the old games in that regard.

The story/weight of our decisions can't truly be judged yet because the trial only allows you to play to a certain point (helping Peebee with a mission on Eos), but what I've seen of it seems fine.

Also, its kind of a disservice to say people are overreacting to the animations and models. That stuff may not matter to some, but the characters/relationships/etc are a huge part of the success of these games. The people to whom those things are important are well within reason to have an opinion about it.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-03-18 at 05:03 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    The "twitch" option ends up with a "flirty" (imo) comment to be honest. (coming from PeeBee)
    Ah well I will remember that. Though, I really hope that the "twitch" options aren't always 100% superior choices to situation resolution than regular dialog.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah well I will remember that. Though, I really hope that the "twitch" options aren't always 100% superior choices to situation resolution than regular dialog.
    They shouldn't be. They're meant to be 'roleplaying' moments more than anything.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They shouldn't be. They're meant to be 'roleplaying' moments more than anything.
    Well, after playing through ME2 (actually, I got about half-way before MEA launched, damn I forgot how much content ME2 had over ME1!) the "twitch" options are almost always superior outcomes, rewarding you with paragon/renegade points (necessary to advance other conversation options) and also usually producing more interesting results in terms of commentary from companions and situation resolution. Like, stopping Miranda from shooting her friend or locking in your romance with Liara in the LotSB.

I did notice there was far more time to click on it than in ME2, which I'm okay with even if it is a better outcome. I just don't like the whole "blink and you'll miss the best way to solve the situation".

Just, be kind.

Companions are smart.
    In one stream I watched today one of the companions was chilling halfway up a sheer vertical wall while the battle raged below.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    In one stream I watched today one of the companions was chilling halfway up a sheer vertical wall while the battle raged below.
    Anecdotal evidence. Played 10h, never happened. Not saying it cant happens, but bug is bug. They cover, call the flank, use their abilities. Its AI, it will never be perfect. But they are smart enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which is exactly what I said several times already in this thread.

The defaul model for the French stream is different from the one we knew, and honestly, way better than the dead android with wierd happy expressions all the time. If it is a glitch, let me use the glitch model then.

No. It's completely different model
    Ears - different, angle
    Brows - different, thinner
    Eyes - different, angle and color
    Mouth - different, size
    Face structure - different, rounder cheeks
    Jaw - different, smaller
    Hair - same
    Skin texture - same

I don't remember the preset number, but there's a preset with the head like that, minus texture (Sara's default hair is available for all presets)

for actual comparisons sake. https://gfycat.com/GrandVigilantImago

There really only are less than a handful of adjustments. this isnt a new model, just tweaking.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-18 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I can't say they're geniuses, but they use cover on their own (you can still send them places) they use powers well and combo with you. Cora loves to charge and nova. Liam loves his grenades. Sure they're not perfect, neither is the enemy. But they're WAY smarter than previous ME games and WAY better at self-power usage than DAI.

Just, be kind.

I can't say they're geniuses, but they use cover on their own (you can still send them places) they use powers well and combo with you. Cora loves to charge and nova. Liam loves his grenades. Sure they're not perfect, neither is the enemy. But they're WAY smarter than previous ME games and WAY better at self-power usage than DAI.
    One thing I noticed is that the encounters are more challenging on normal difficulty than previous games. I watched people die quite a bit. If I ever buy the game I'll be playing on easy as for me it's more about the story and exploring. Good for people who like a challenge though.